Emperor Palpatine

Received my Sideshow 1/6 Palpy today. My only complaint is the cane doesn't reach the ground when placed in his right hand. Maybe Vader sawed off the end??!!??
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Remember that ole' Palps had a bit of a stoop going on by the time of ROTJ...so try and give him one as you're posing him. I've seen some shots posted elsewhere that have some success with the cane.

I'll give it a go and post some shots later this week when the dark master shows up here....

Thumbs up

My Palpatine EX arrived too, a really cool figure despite the lack of accessories. He has no pants, the cane is too short (original Master Replicas 1:1 Cane replica is 100 cm tall - so do the math compared to a human body), and no other accessories were included. Still it is a very cool figure and the EX head is a must.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sideshow Emperor Palpatine Exclusive 09.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	23627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sideshow Emperor Palpatine Exclusive 07.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	23628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Display Sideshow Vader Emperor 01.jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	23629  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

See jedibear...the cane IS too short. Serg, how well does he sit in the throne chair(feet touching ground, etc.). I'm on the fence about laying out $130 for this piece.

Congrats, Sergiu...it's good to see that the Emperor and most notably, his throne, made it to you intact...especially after what happened with Lord Vader. Your shots look great.

And yes,jomthejedi...I have to sadly agree...the cane could've been bumped up in scale a bit. It can work with a hunched-over pose, but looking at a few different scenes in the film...he never really hunched over that much...

I didn't get the throne...with the (bad) luck I have getting boxes from Sideshow that don't looked kicked around, I couldn't see spending that kind of dough for something that would arrive in pieces. Maybe someday I'll see it at a con and pick it up...it does look pretty good.

As for the figure itself...he looks great...excellent sculpts, paint apps good, great choices on the fabrics (great texture for scale) and nice touch wiring the hood and sleeves and lining them as well. Like some of the Jedi robes, the cloak in dense enough to almost "sculpt" it into various postions around the figure. Very nice.

As for the cost...well, everything's more expensive these days, but it is kind of tough seeing this one at such a high price with limited (1!) accessories and no pants! (They were listed on the product page),especially when we remember figures like Jedi Luke with all of it's accessories or Bib Fortuna, a minor character with a big cloak who still has pants!

Here's a few shots of the ole' Sith Lord...

Name:	EMPEROR-04.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	23630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMPEROR-06.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	23631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SITH-EVOLUTION-01.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	23633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMPEROR-05.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	23635  

If the MR one is right, at 100cm to scale the math says it should be 16.67cm long, how does it measure up to that?

Cool pics, and congrats on the gets both of you. I am a little envious, but I am glad I didn't bother with the non-exclusive, that face is way too friendly and a little sad at the eyes for my tastes.

Seems like this costume needs more wrinkles.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Don't have a ruler handy (all at work), bur I'll check that out. The costume could definitely be more wrinkled or creased with a decent water treatment, but I kind of like the more smooth, sweeping look the fabric lends itself to right out of the box. Not necessarily "film-accurate" but it looks cool...

Finally tried out the "angry" head for a few shots...Sideshow really caught this character well, I think.

Name:	EMPEROR-14.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	23636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMPEROR-10.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	23637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMPEROR-12.jpg 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	23638  

I'm thankfully happy they got the weave right on his robe's fabric, and not like what we saw in the prototype. I have the old Don Post Emperor head/mask, and it was really buggin' me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    See jedibear...the cane IS too short. Serg, how well does he sit in the throne chair(feet touching ground, etc.). I'm on the fence about laying out $130 for this piece.

The feet are not touching the ground alas. But that is not a real problem, if you cover hie feet properly then you won't even notice. The cloak is really made of very good material still they should have left out he wires in the sleeves and keep only the ones in the hood. Not even the short cane is not a big issue, but for the price we paid I was expecting this for the regular: both heads, longer cane, no wires in sleeves, Luke's saber and of course pants.

The heads look really good they should have come both with the regular, and shooting them in good lighting is everything. And you need a good DSLR camera to take them.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post

I didn't get the throne...with the (bad) luck I have getting boxes from Sideshow that don't looked kicked around, I couldn't see spending that kind of dough for something that would arrive in pieces. Maybe someday I'll see it at a con and pick it up...it does look pretty good.
    Hey jedibear, 2 possible options for getting undamaged boxes... The first is telling Sideshow that you have a preferred method of shipping (I work for UPS and chose UPS. The worst I've gotten has been a corner ding.). I realize preferred shippers have probably been discussed ad nauseam in other threads. The second is to place your order thru Authorized Sideshow retailers (i.e. comic shops). They also carry, or can order, the blackhole Stormie, and they had a sand trooper last year.

I got my Emperor figure but have yet to open him. Everyone's pics look great.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars