Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    But how could they be punched, unless they already knew... we wanted them intact? Pull up! That case isn't unpunched! It's a trap!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    No punches at the bottom of the cases...not one.
    Hmm, ok. I'll contact them next week about this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks JT!! On a side note, I was very happy with my figures and gave my nephew a set of wave 3 (nonfoils...Jake is 6 years old). He loves star wars too just like his uncle.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The vintage figures are not produced unpunched. Myself and toysrus associates through discussion have realized since day one of these being released early. There has not been one case out of over 100 unpunched?

I managed to get an unpunched Admiral Ackbar. Technicallly, though, it was punched, but the plastic reinforcement was placed a little lower than normal on the card, so the punch stuck with it. I just pushed it back in place and you can't tell the difference.

UPDATE JT. I have seen a few unpunched star wars figures...well kinda. Most of the time the tab is just hanging there, but it is easily put back in the hanger hole. I have seen about four to date. I think the ones unpunched were Darth Vader (anakin rots), Sandtrooper, one that had a brown colored back, and maybe like a Darth Sidious.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I found something a little confusing. You would think the cards were being punched by employees as they put them on the pegs. Obvious, correct?

Well, I was at Target when an employee was just openening some cases of Vintage Jedi wave. I picked up 3 Gamorrean Gaurds and Woof. Woof and one of the Gams were unpunched, the rest were already punched and the tabs were nowhere to be found. Straight out of the case before being manhandled!

I'm no CSI agent, but this must mean that they are getting punched out at the factory before being shipped and some are being missed. Any other explanations?

Notice that such confusing actions occur with the Darth Sidious figure waves? It is of no concern...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I got my order of the rest of Wave 3 from HTS today and I got two unpunched piggys and one unpunched Wicket. I really wasn't looking out for unpunched cards, but glad I got a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Background Character View Post
    I found something a little confusing. You would think the cards were being punched by employees as they put them on the pegs. Obvious, correct?

Well, I was at Target when an employee was just openening some cases of Vintage Jedi wave. I picked up 3 Gamorrean Gaurds and Woof. Woof and one of the Gams were unpunched, the rest were already punched and the tabs were nowhere to be found. Straight out of the case before being manhandled!

I'm no CSI agent, but this must mean that they are getting punched out at the factory before being shipped and some are being missed. Any other explanations?
    Yes, that seems to be evident by the lack of punches in the case, so I tried to call Hasbro on it in Q&A. They lost our emails instead, so... who knows. My guess is that when Hasbro SW found out they were being pre-punched at the factory (which is a contractor, they're not owned by Hasbro), Hasbro requested the change, and it's being implemented in the middle of wave 3's production.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.