Thread: Mad Max!

Mad Max!

I own the trilogy and just watched the orginal Mad Max tonight.

It had been a while. Now I'm hooked again and have to watch The Road Warrior and Thunderdome tomorrow!

Goose was cool! So was that other Bronze in the beginning that wanted to drive and then was going to just waste all the Skags with his rifle! I even liked Granny in the road with her shotgun trying to blow away Toe-Cutter!

Man, I wish the revenge scenes were longer. Max killed 4 guys all at once with the bridge crash. Then he shot Bubba and smashed The Toe-Cutter into that truck. Mel Gibson was very "Clint Eastwood" when he left Bobby with that saw while the gasoline was leaking...

I wished it could have gone on for longer - with more bad guys to kill!

So they killed his dog (hung it disembowled in the woods for Jessie to find)? So it was a new dog he had in Road Warrior? What happened to it by Thunderdome? Then he had a monkey.

Anyone else out there still like these films? Want them to make a 4th movie? It's time Max came back! Yeah! Any takers?

Hey Tycho. Did you pick up the new Special Edition of Mad Max on DVD? It has the original Australian soundtrack, not the cheesy dubbed version thats been avaliable in the states for years. Finally you can hear Mel Gibson's original heavily accented voice. It also features a ton of extra features, as well as audio commentary by art director John Dowding, director of photography David Eggby, special effects supervisor Chris Murray, and film historian Tom Ridge.

It's a really nice double sided disc, I have rented it but not purchased yet. By the way you can read more about it if you want to at DVDfile.com here at this addy. http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...madmax_se.html . I dunno about a 4th film now, Mel Gibson has pretty much sold out to hollywood, and they would never be able to pay his salary to get him into another cheap film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I wouldn't mine if they made a fourth movie. As for his dog in Road Warrior, it was killed by an arrow when the baddies were trying to cypher gas from Max's wrecked car if I remember correctly.

hey jar jar,

thanks for the link to that dvd site. man, i could spend forever there.

Originally posted by derek
    hey jar jar, thanks for the link to that dvd site. man, i could spend forever there.
    Your welcome, derek. I'm as much an addicted DVD collector as I am a Star Wars collector. Infact I was even thinking of changing my signature to the following quote by Roger Ebert:

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player." -- Roger Ebert

Sometimes the guy makes alot of sense. Especially when he sounded like he wanted to beat his new partner Roeper to death for bad mouthing LOTR's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The one I liked the best was Road Warrior. Loved that movie.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Favourite Mad Max exchange.

"Who rules Bartertown?"- Master Blaster

"Mastablasta rule Bartatown"- Auntie Entity
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**