Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I have to admit, I'm really close to chucking in the towel on this hobby, these figures simply aren't worth $8 a pop, especially OLD ones with flawed paint and other little issues.
    While the prices have made me much more selective in recent years than I used to be, I don't think I could ever give up the hobby entirely. Star Wars has been a part of my life for 34 of my 37 years on this planet. A price hike is not going to change that. Not while there are still figures like Kithaba to be made and necessary updates on existing figures like Barada, Yak Face, Biker Scout, Tarfull, etc.

Heck, even if the basic figure prices have skyrocketed to $20 by the time Hasbro gets around to making a Kithaba figure, I'd still gladly buy at least 3 of him.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I dunno, I don't have a major figure that I feel they still "need" to do, or rather, I don't have faith that they'll ever do the handful of figures I want done most still (Han, Leia, biker scout, Luke ANH, Stormtrooper with less problematic hands), so I'm hanging in here mainly to see what they can do to surprise me, and how they can make more awesome vehicles like the AT-AT.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.