Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saga Legends Price Hike at WM and Target

Yesterday, I was at my local Target and noticed that their SL figures were on pegs tagged $9.19, more than a buck over their TVC figures. I thought maybe it was a mistake, scanned one, and it was no mistake. This is an urban high-traffic store, and some of those seem to charge more for some items, so today I hit 2 more Target stores and they had their Saga Legends at $8 and $9.19, 1 was another urban store (they had endcap pegs with the old price, but the main display had the new price).

So I figured I'd pick up figures at WM, right? WRONG! They've also raised SL prices to $7.96, which is 50 cents more than TRU at this point. This is madness! Especially with the pegs in my area flooded with SL figures already since they're mixed in with CW and choking CW off (ha, what irony!), wave 1 is definitely feeling itself out and wave 2 has found its pegwarmers around here (Han Hoth hood-up and the Battle Droids are the ones around here).

What is wrong with these companies? Why gouge a market that's already depressed?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yesterday, I was at my local Target and noticed that their SL figures were on pegs tagged $9.19, more than a buck over their TVC figures. I thought maybe it was a mistake, scanned one, and it was no mistake. This is an urban high-traffic store, and some of those seem to charge more for some items, so today I hit 2 more Target stores and they had their Saga Legends at $8 and $9.19, 1 was another urban store (they had endcap pegs with the old price, but the main display had the new price).

So I figured I'd pick up figures at WM, right? WRONG! They've also raised SL prices to $7.96, which is 50 cents more than TRU at this point. This is madness! Especially with the pegs in my area flooded with SL figures already since they're mixed in with CW and choking CW off (ha, what irony!), wave 1 is definitely feeling itself out and wave 2 has found its pegwarmers around here (Han Hoth hood-up and the Battle Droids are the ones around here).

What is wrong with these companies? Why gouge a market that's already depressed?
    My walmart still has saga legends for $6.96 but ALL the Targets did jack up their prices!!!!!!! Sometimes, you have to scan each one just to see what it says in the system...one walmart had the tags at $7.96 but when I scanned them it said $6.96

I regularly do that, although the first WM I went to had no scanners left.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The WMs around here have had the SL for $7.96 ever since they first came out. Target had them for $6.99, but I haven't been there recently, so that might have changed. $9 will drive away alot of collectors. So much for trying to lure them back in.

Yeah, my local targets have the basic carded figs for $8.96 while the vintage collection is only 7.99. Funny to see vintage being the cheaper of the two especially with the 8.99 at kmart and 9.99 at TRU. Sorry, I wont be paying $9 for figures. Guess its time to get my kid into something else. $9 for a plastic figure makes me wanna vomit

My Walmart just reduced CW and Saga Legends to $6.96. Vintage is still $7.96.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    the walmarts and targets by me have had them at $7.96 for over 2 months now.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Mine lowered their prices on CW and SL this week as well.

. . . If prices do not come down reeeeeeally soon, I will probably buy the new R2, the new Wicket, then call my collection done until prices return to a more acceptable amount. Sorry hasbro and mass retailers, but I just am not willing to pay what you are asking.

At a different WM yesterday, I picked up 2 SL Snowtroopers at $6.96, so it's not across the board at this point, which is good.

Then I hit another Target, and they had raised the price on SL to $8, so that is across the board.

I have to admit, I'm really close to chucking in the towel on this hobby, these figures simply aren't worth $8 a pop, especially OLD ones with flawed paint and other little issues.