Hybrid View

Saga Legends 2010 bonus weapons packs

So far, there seem to be 3 of these weapons packs. Initially, I had thought that they were not randomly packed due to the way they were showing up in Hasbro photography. However, as of yesterday, my opinion has changed, either they are random packed or they are packed based on production date. My first 2 SL'10 Snowtroopers (as well as my SL Battle Droids) had the classic weapons pack, but the 2 I picked up yesterday have the newer pack with the Republic Commando weapons, the Sandtrooper rifle, and 4 blaster pistols. I have yet to see any figures with the 3rd pack. So here's how I'm designating the packs...

Weapon Pack 1 (the classic we've gotten for years):

• Battle Droid blaster
    • Clone Trooper blaster
    • Clone Trooper rifle (the fat version)
    • DC-17 hand blaster
    • EMP Launcher (from Battlefront II pack)
    • Jetpack Clone Rifle (aka BFII sniper rifle)

Weapon Pack 2 (all black, except as noted):

• DC-17m anti-armor variant (Scorch's weapon)
    • DC-17m blaster variant (Fixer's weapon) - dark gray instead of black
    • Jango Fett blaster
    • Concept Boba Fett's blaster pistol with stock
    • Sandtrooper T-21 blaster rifle
    • notched blaster pistol with trigger guard (unknown source)
    • blaster pistol (unknown source)

Weapon Pack 3 (haven't seen this in person yet, it's mix of the first sets plus 1 more gun):

• Clone Trooper blaster
    • Clone Trooper rifle (the fat version)
    • Concept Boba Fett's blaster pistol with stock
    • notched blaster pistol with trigger guard (unknown source)
    • blaster pistol (unknown source)
    • ARC Trooper Rifle

I'm curious where those 2 unknown-source blasters came from, they seem familiar but I scoured the modern accessories images out there and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, it's good to see Hasbro pushing new weapons out there, but I am confounded by the continued lack of classic Rebel Trooper and Stormtrooper weapons.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's pretty cool, glad to see them expanding on the idea. As annoying as Saga Legends/Heroes & Villains/Greatest Hits/Kidz Bop have been over the years, I have to admit that I've been tempted to pick some up for the weapons packs.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    notched blaster pistol with trigger guard (unknown source)
    blaster pistol (unknown source)
    Any pics of them?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That's pretty cool, glad to see them expanding on the idea. As annoying as Saga Legends/Heroes & Villains/Greatest Hits/Kidz Bop have been over the years, I have to admit that I've been tempted to pick some up for the weapons packs.
    Honestly, it's a bit of a weird assortment of guns for general use, but it's not terrible.

Any pics of them?
    Sure, I'll attach a shot from the Hasbro image library. The notched gun is a redress of the gun Ep 3 Captain Typho came with, as did several other figures from the TLC era, but the barrel and some other details are quite different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saga legends guns.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	23624  

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We had a bit of talk about the weapons packs in this thread when the Legends were just starting to surface in case you want to combine threads or anything...
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=42787
    We were starting to figure out which figures came with which weapons pack because there were differences than what had been shown in some preliminary pics...then the thread just died out.

Honestly, it's a bit of a weird assortment of guns for general use, but it's not terrible.
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much reasoning to either of the assortments, but it's extra plastic that helps a little with the steep prices. It would be nice to see an OT specific assortment, though.

Sure, I'll attach a shot from the Hasbro image library. The notched gun is a redress of the gun Ep 3 Captain Typho came with, as did several other figures from the TLC era, but the barrel and some other details are quite different.
    Man, those don't look familiar at all. Maybe they're variants that were specifically made for the pack? The bottom kind of reminds me of POTF2 Bib Fortuna's gun, but after comparing the two, it's definitely not.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    We had a bit of talk about the weapons packs in this thread when the Legends were just starting to surface in case you want to combine threads or anything...
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=42787
    We were starting to figure out which figures came with which weapons pack because there were differences than what had been shown in some preliminary pics...then the thread just died out.
    I remember that discussion, and I was going to post in there, but I couldn't find it because it wasn't specifically about the weapon packs and there's no way to express it uniformly.

I think Saga Legends in general inspires no interest with collectors, it's hard to get them fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much reasoning to either of the assortments, but it's extra plastic that helps a little with the steep prices. It would be nice to see an OT specific assortment, though.
    Definitely.

Man, those don't look familiar at all. Maybe they're variants that were specifically made for the pack? The bottom kind of reminds me of POTF2 Bib Fortuna's gun, but after comparing the two, it's definitely not.
    I really doubt they'd make new weapons for this program, they have such a large library that there'd be no reason to shell out more money to make new ones. I feel like I've seen the notched one before, I remember it bothering me even, but I cannot think of what it'd be. I tried all the cantina aliens but nada. My worry is it's from some obscure battle pack or something fringe.

EDIT: Phew, figured it out. When I typed "something fringe", it reminded me of a few exclusives I hadn't thought to check yesterday in my search... I knew they were modern, and RS has covered all the accessories up until the last 3 lines, so I knew where I had to look. And sure enough, there they were:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/tacREFclones.asp
    http://www.rebelscum.com/tacREFomega.asp

Picked up 2 more SL Snowtroopers during TRU's sale, and one of them had pack 3! The ARC Trooper rife is a little bent but mainly decent. It's not a rifle I really wanted a bunch of, its details don't feel that Star Warsy to me and the sculpting isn't as tight as some of the others in these packs, but it's alright to have a few extra.