Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POTJ, Boring?

POTJ, Boring?

Now that I have seen all the Attack Of The Clones figures I have lost all interest in Power Of The Jedi, is this just me or does Power Of The Jedi not do it for you either anymore?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I hate to admit it but the same has happened to me.If the last 4 figures I need from the line weren't brand new characters I have to wonder if I'd even bother with them.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Just the opposite. AOTC makes me sorry to see POTJ go.

Eeth Koth and Zutton didn't do much for me, but I'm more excited about the Teebo wave than most of the AOTC figures.
    Last edited by Sith Vicious; 03-02-2002 at 06:22 PM.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Just the opposite. AOTC makes me sorry to see POTJ go.
    I agree 100% with Rollo - Hasbro did so much better with sculpting and detail and more articulation on POTJ than they've done an anything else and those EP2 toys look horrific...like lil bubbly plastic 2 year old toys!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I don't no how anyone could hate AOTC, they look so realistic, thats why you hate Zutton and Eeth Koth because there so realistic and look alot like the Attack Of The Clones figures.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Re: POTJ, Boring?

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    Now that I have seen all the Attack Of The Clones figures I have lost all interest in Power Of The Jedi, is this just me or does Power Of The Jedi not do it for you either anymore?
    Actually I'm just as excited about the latest waves of POTJ figs as I am about the new AOTC figures. I got the Bo Shek wave and Bo is one of my favorite figures ever.

And I'm still trying desperately to get my hands on a couple of Rebel Fleet Troopers. No luck yet..
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I can't say I hate AOTC figures, because I haven't seen them in person. I can say I'm not impressed with them so far. I much rather see POTJ continue. I didn't like EP1 and I probably wont like EP2, the new movies seem to lack the "STARWARS" theme and feeling, but I'll have to wait and see.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't consider POTJ boring at all. I thought that 95% of the stuff that we got in POTJ was pretty darn cool infact. There were some clunkers, like the first collection 1 wave of figures. But things improved greatly after that in my honest opinion. I'm excited as heck for the AOTC's figures, and only two of them so far would I really consider clunkers. The Padme: Arena Escape and Anakin: Outland Peasent Disguise are just bad figures. All the rest look pretty good to me, especially the later waves of figures like Luminara and Chancellor Palpatine.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The only boring thing about POTJ was the generic cardbacks and the "algae green" that they decided on. The previously-done characters got fantastic makeovers, and the new characters were great. I just hope that 2003 and 2004 give us incredible figures at a more reasonable price. Bespin Chewie, Djas, and Ephant Mon are a great kick-off to the quality we've known in off-movie years.

I'm anxiously awaiting the POTJ forum to close down and a Unified (IV-VI) forum to rise. By then hopefully we'll have a price range on the Imperial Shuttle, and I can start the "IS: Whims and Wishes" thread.

Onward and upward.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.