MAD Magazine - the Cartoon - spoofs Clone Wars

Also spoofs Transformers in a fairly funny episode that I felt was much more in the MAD Magazine vein than Mad TV was. This was their second episode, and the 11-minute format I think suits it.

The Groan Wars segment's opening text cracked me right up, some of those opening texts have gotten pretty dopey on CW and they nailed it. The stuff about the art style reminded me of Chuxter's comments. Ahsoka was a bit funnier a concept than I had expected, though they went toothless on attacking her character, sticking to the easier realm of her looks.

Anyway, the full episode is currently online. For how long? I dunno, so watch it while you can:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...2b34c7f2bc031a
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was reasonably enjoyable. The Transformers thing was pretty funny, but the in-between stuff was a bit frantic and hit-or-miss . . . much like the magazine itself, I guess. It strikes me as a Robot Chicken for a younger set, and without the nonstop obscure 80s references.

I'm not sure I get the Ahsoka as Garfield thing, but the rest was pretty good.

I didn't get Ahsoka as Garfield right up until I saw her pic again afterwards: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ahsoka-PP.jpg
    And then it made a lot more sense.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Also spoofs Transformers in a fairly funny episode that I felt was much more in the MAD Magazine vein than Mad TV was.
    Truth be told, this show is more in the MAD Magazine vein than the actual MAD Magazine has been for several years.

I think JJL nailed it--like the magazine, it's kinda hit and miss. I thought it was more consistently funny than Robot Chicken usually is, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.