Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks for including the Cane Adiss question!

My votes so far:

1, 6, 8
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    New question:

With the focus of vehicles being largely based on sales to kids, I have noticed a lack of a particular play pattern: interaction with previous releases. Why no connection point for the turret in the Anti-Hailfire Squad BP to use it with the Turbo Tank? Why not use a connection on the Turbo Tank that could incorporate the bubble turrets from the Republic Gunship? A simple redesign on the stand, and it could be a great new Deluxe release. Could you keep those of us who have been collecting for years in mind when designing these new accessories?
    Huh? The Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad pack is meant to interact with the new RC Hailfire Droid. The Turbo Tank had the Turbo Tank Support Squad deluxe set last year when both were available. And the Gunship had the turrets. How much more do you want these things to connect?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    New question:

With the focus of vehicles being largely based on sales to kids, I have noticed a lack of a particular play pattern: interaction with previous releases. Why no connection point for the turret in the Anti-Hailfire Squad BP to use it with the Turbo Tank? Why not use a connection on the Turbo Tank that could incorporate the bubble turrets from the Republic Gunship? A simple redesign on the stand, and it could be a great new Deluxe release. Could you keep those of us who have been collecting for years in mind when designing these new accessories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Huh? The Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad pack is meant to interact with the new RC Hailfire Droid. The Turbo Tank had the Turbo Tank Support Squad deluxe set last year when both were available. And the Gunship had the turrets. How much more do you want these things to connect?
    Yeah, I'm with JabbaJohn on this, I don't really see this being a big need. Maybe I'm not understanding what's so great that it has to be "the thing", when I saw it in person it looked pretty standard to me, just another missile shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Duel View Post
    question
    Purely as a toy, the recent X-wings are a bit large and expensive for some kids. Is there any chance for a smaller, "vintage-ish" X-Wing? A droid slot and a better mechanism for the wings and landing gear would go a long way. Every kid should have an X-wing!
    I asked something similar last year on August 10th, '09...

CollectionStation.com: This might seem like an odd request, but would you re-issue the old Kenner X-wing, specifically the POTF2 version, with some modifications? There's no X-wing at kid pricing anymore, the only OT vehicles at the Starfighter pricepoint are lonely TIEs with nobody to fight, and that classic X-wing had some decent sculpting, strong wings, and was fun to whoosh about. As well, the POTF2 version had a pretty decent deco (though pre-applied stickers would be nice), and that version also had the best sound effects in any X-wing (aside from the Power FX X-wing, but the sacrifices there are numerous), those sounds alone would sell another batch to collectors. To modernize it a bit, the ship could use a tune-up on the cockpit interior, the canopy exterior, the dedicated R2-D2, and the blaster cannon tips need to be reoriented to the proper upright position to get it ship-shape. Don't you think the kids today deserve an awesome X-wing fighter?
    Hasbro: Our hope is that kids who do want an X-Wing will respond to the Wedge version out this Fall. We think most collectors like this more accurately-scaled version as well, so we plan to keep it in rotation every few years with a different pilot/droid combo and accurate paint. We actually hadn't thought of it, but you bring up an interesting point, and that is that we don't have an X-Wing solution for an "everyday" price like the Starfighter vehicles. If we did decide to look at the PotF2 tool, it's likely we run it without too many modifications since it would be largely kid-targeted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

New question:

The new Target-exclusive TIE Fighter in the vintage packaging is really nice and a great nod to the original Kenner toy. However, one change to the vintage box design only serves to highlight something that has been missing from every single TIE Fighter toy since 1995: the electronic light and sound features. Taking into account how much technology has advanced in the last 15 years, it just seems hard to believe that we can't get the same quality of electronic features from some of the early POTF2 vehicle releases, like the X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder, etc., powered off of a watch battery for little to no extra cost compared to what we are paying for the toys now. Have you completely written off the possibility of adding electronic features back into the standard vehicle line? Do those of us who have been dreaming about a TIE Fighter toy with an electronic flyby sound for the last 33 years, have any hope at all of seeing that in the future?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

NEW QUESTIONS:

Will Thi-Sen (CW Talz), TX-20, and the FireFighter Battle Droid be re-released on a single card? When? Army-builders are not satisfied with the figures being mixed into battlepack or deluxe vehicle/figure-pack offerings.

If the new big Slave-One is to be repainted and re-released in ESB (BOBA Fett) colors, would it pencil out to make a Battle of the Bounty Hunters battlepack similar to the current Clone Wars one and this time include IG-88's ship, the IG-2000 in it? The IG-2000 might get made this way, and it is a smaller ship like Mace's Jedi starfighter. IG-88 does not need a cockpit (he's a droid and pilots the "2000" from outside the ship) and the ship only needs a prisoner cage for a live-bounty capture (plus the usual firing missiles play feature). Pack-in figures might include Boba Fett and IG-88 and a frozen Han Solo in carbonite block - or even the "deluxe" Han Carbonite block that a new Solo figure can be removed from or sealed into. Hasbro can later recoup more money by re-selling the IG-2000 single-packed, as well as by single-carding the Han Solo figure (perhaps as a deluxe for an exclusive like the way Kul Teska is being sold).

What does the future of Expanded Universe figures look like, going towards 2012? With Zayne Carrick (from KOTOR) on the single-card rumor list (if true) will his Snivvian partner ever be made? Anakin Solo? What about new takes on the older Han Solo and Princess Leia (new wardrobe changes as well as older, from NJO)? (Could you improve on the Harrison Ford headsculpt used for Indiana Jones KOTCS to stand in for Han?) How does it look now for "boring" Clone Wars figures like Bail Organa, Padme in more formal diplomatic clothes, Senator Farr (Rodian) or those little rolling squirrel aliens from that Aayla Secura - crash-landing episode? And Admiral Trench (Niemoidian) and Nute Gunray (animated) as well as Baron Papanoida (animated) while we're at it?

Has Hasbro ever considered how they'd offer The Twilight as a 3 3/4" vehicle/toy - just for a hypothetical?

Will there be a Republic Gunship for Galactic Heroes?

Is a Republic Attack Shuttle a possibility for 3 3/4" vehicles?

What are the chances of Ziro The Hutt being made?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't want to get into wording, but would a question as to why and how Kohl's was chosen for an exclusive, despite having tiny toy departments and prices that seem to prevent most people from actually buying toys there, be fair game?

I love their clothing prices. I scoff at their toy prices. Even on Black Friday.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Seriously, I think Tycho's questions are the way to go!!!

Don't forget Satine and Ben Skywalker, Tycho.

2 and 5 for now.