Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    put me down for questions 2, 5, & 8...
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    New question:

The new Target-exclusive TIE Fighter in the vintage packaging is really nice and a great nod to the original Kenner toy. However, one change to the vintage box design only serves to highlight something that has been missing from every single TIE Fighter toy since 1995: the electronic light and sound features. Taking into account how much technology has advanced in the last 15 years, it just seems hard to believe that we can't get the same quality of electronic features from some of the early POTF2 vehicle releases, like the X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder, etc., powered off of a watch battery for little to no extra cost compared to what we are paying for the toys now. Have you completely written off the possibility of adding electronic features back into the standard vehicle line? Do those of us who have been dreaming about a TIE Fighter toy with an electronic flyby sound for the last 33 years, have any hope at all of seeing that in the future?
    May 9th, 2008:
    JediTempleArchives.com: The response to the electronic features on the AT-TE at Toy Fair seem to have been very positive. I also noticed that there were a good number of buttons for electronic features on the recently leaked images of the pending Millenium Falcon (very nice, I must say). Are we trending back somewhat toward electronic features? Has the technology improved enough to make electronic features more viable? Does the improved state of LED lights and sound chips make onboard electronics more feasible? Also, is this something that would probably be limited to larger vehicles? And could we eventually see some like say....a Target exclusive Gold 5 Y-Wing that says "STAY ON TARGET" at some point in the not-too-distant future?
    Hasbro: In general you will not see them added, say, to our $20-$40 vehicles because the "fixed" cost of electronics is a much higher percentage of the total offering and in most cases would necessitate a price increase above the retail price we feel the vehicles need to be at in order to be successful. We look to add electronics to make sure that our offering is as complete as possible for higher-end vehicles, where the cost of the electronics is a smaller percentage of the total vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    NEW QUESTIONS:

Will Thi-Sen (CW Talz), TX-20, and the FireFighter Battle Droid be re-released on a single card? When? Army-builders are not satisfied with the figures being mixed into battlepack or deluxe vehicle/figure-pack offerings.
    I asked this at comic-con, the answer was they'll look into re-releasing them, but it'll be a ways off in some cases, and not always on basic card. Thi-Sen is getting a battle pack re-release in a few months, TX-20 is going to be a deluxe figure & vehicle set in that time as well.

If the new big Slave-One is to be repainted and re-released in ESB (BOBA Fett) colors, would it pencil out to make a Battle of the Bounty Hunters battlepack similar to the current Clone Wars one and this time include IG-88's ship, the IG-2000 in it? The IG-2000 might get made this way, and it is a smaller ship like Mace's Jedi starfighter. IG-88 does not need a cockpit (he's a droid and pilots the "2000" from outside the ship) and the ship only needs a prisoner cage for a live-bounty capture (plus the usual firing missiles play feature). Pack-in figures might include Boba Fett and IG-88 and a frozen Han Solo in carbonite block - or even the "deluxe" Han Carbonite block that a new Solo figure can be removed from or sealed into. Hasbro can later recoup more money by re-selling the IG-2000 single-packed, as well as by single-carding the Han Solo figure (perhaps as a deluxe for an exclusive like the way Kul Teska is being sold).
    There is pretty much no chance of this happening. A new mold that has very little recognizability, hasn't been seen in the comics in nearly 15 years, and has no reusability outside the set... that's a recipe for no chance. You may as well be asking for a free gold bar.

What does the future of Expanded Universe figures look like, going towards 2012? With Zayne Carrick (from KOTOR) on the single-card rumor list (if true) will his Snivvian partner ever be made? Anakin Solo? What about new takes on the older Han Solo and Princess Leia (new wardrobe changes as well as older, from NJO)? (Could you improve on the Harrison Ford headsculpt used for Indiana Jones KOTCS to stand in for Han?) How does it look now for "boring" Clone Wars figures like Bail Organa, Padme in more formal diplomatic clothes, Senator Farr (Rodian) or those little rolling squirrel aliens from that Aayla Secura - crash-landing episode? And Admiral Trench (Niemoidian) and Nute Gunray (animated) as well as Baron Papanoida (animated) while we're at it?
    It's too early to start asking about the 2012 line. And EU is pretty much out until the end of 2011, and we know vaguely what's there. Then there's the fact that they just told us Clone Wars is going to refocus on a kid-centric line. And considering the last answer we got on the EU was only a few months ago and said there was very little room for this stuff, I don't think there's any room to start asking about more EU figures.
    SSG: Hasbro hasn't really elaborated on your take of the most recent ToyFare Star Wars fans' choice poll finalists, other than to say in a very broad sense that it was clear collectors were most interested in all-new characters over resculpts and that the results would provide a "road map" for future lineups. So specifically, apart from Jocasta Nu and Jaxxon whom you've already addressed, are there any totally unlikely candidates on the list such as the Queen / handmaiden figures? Any choices that really made you wince because you know they would be retail poison? If you want to avoid giving away too much info now by addressing each character individually could you at least tell us how many characters from each source (i.e. OT, PT and EU) off the finalists list will be turned into figures in the next 18 months or so?
    Hasbro: One way to look at the list is to consider that we will not be able to do all of these figures, or even come close, over the next 3-4 years when we will probably wan tto look at another Fan's Choice poll to reflect the latest wants at that time. As for which ones would be retail poison, we feel we have a strong handle on the "new" floor for even the most obscure figures (like the Willrow Hoods of the world) so we can manage just about the anything. The question is....do we want to? That's why it is better to look at the list as a general guide for hotspots of demand rather than a mandatory list. With that perspective, the figures least likely to have a chance to be done in that time are Queen/handmaiden figures, Jocasta Nu, Jaxxon, and the most obscure movie figures like Tey How. We don't have a lot of EU slots to play with currently, and aside from Jaxxon, these are very good choices but EU in general will likely struggle to get fit in with what is coming up (especially among strong candidates emerging from TFU2 and TOR that need to be put into consideration). Finally, as for how the list has impacted development, here is what is confirmed to come out before the end of 2011 (always subject to change, of course): two Prequel Trilogy figures, four OTC figures, and Bastila Shan. Not a bad start...
    Has Hasbro ever considered how they'd offer The Twilight as a 3 3/4" vehicle/toy - just for a hypothetical?
    Dec 10, '09:
    JediInsider.com: The question of playsets/large vehicles comes up quite regularly in these Q & As and the answer tends to be the same. With the exception of the Falcon which will always be an iconic vessel, other big items need a) media support and b) to be multi-faceted i.e, vehicle AND playset such as the new Falcon, AT-TE and Juggernaught (Turbo Tank). Multiple requests for Anakin's Twilight from the Clone Wars have met with the dreaded "not exciting enough" response time and again, yet the Falcon in and of itself, is not very dynamic (I believe the famous quote was, "What a hunk of junk!"). It's only through seeing it in action (aka "media support") that it became the ship we all love. With this in mind, Anakin and Ahsoka spend a high percentage of their time on board the Twilight. It's saved their hides more than once. It bears all the basic hallmarks required to become a new classic - "ugly" by conventional standards but souped up with much more under the proverbial hood than one might think thanks to Anakin's tinkering and tough as nails. Couple this with the thought that it also seems to be a great shape to offer some playset playability. A toy Twilight, with the length of the B-wing (or only slightly longer) and the volume of the original Vintage Falcon toy (but in a more convenient boxy shape) would be a good compromise between size and playability and could fold out or open in such a way as to have a usable interior. With some solid designs, I could easily see a Twilight fit in to the new 75 dollar price-point, and maybe the hundred if you guys really went all out.
    All this is to say, you'd be hard-pressed to find a vehicle that is not a starfighter of some sort with MORE media support than the Twilight right now, and I'm curious how it could still be considered such a dog for forecast sales - can you please give it another look?
    Hasbro: We have actually done a lot of work on what size and price the Twilight would be if we did one, but have always come back to the same place: it simply does not have the gravitas in the show that a big vehicle would need to have in order to succeed. It has not shown itself to be as truly heroic and universally memorable like the Millenium Falcon. Unless the Twlight gets a lot more attention and becomes something that really gets kids excited, we won't be adding it to the 3-3/4" line.
    Will there be a Republic Gunship for Galactic Heroes?
    Aug 20, 2009:
    JediNews.co.uk: There are so many Clone Troopers in the 3.75" line... how about giving us some sets of Clone Troopers in the Galactic Heroes line, say a squadron of Troopers from Utapau or Coruscant packaged as a Cinema Scene; there are so many different environments to choose from and this would be a great way to give the younger (and older) collector a way to army build rather than just getting one trooper in each two pack every now and again? Also, will we see the Republic Gunship in the Galactic Heroes line anytime soon?
    Hasbro: Interesting thought on Galactic Heroes, James. We have done a couple of sets like this and they have been popular, so we would not rule out doing more of these. A Republic Gunship is not likely within the next couple of years.
    Is a Republic Attack Shuttle a possibility for 3 3/4" vehicles?
    Mar 20, 2009:
    SWcollector.com: With the new $60 vehicle price point, are we going to see a Nu-Class Shuttle from the Clone Wars? It would serve as yet another incentive for collectors to troop build! -- Galactic Hitchhiker
    Hasbro: That would be a great vehicle to do if the price point continues, which we certainly hope it does. At present though, we have no plans - we need to take it one vehicle at a time.
    Since then, that line has collapsed and that scale has refocused on only super-recognizable vehicles.

What are the chances of Ziro The Hutt being made?
    Feb 22nd, 2010:
    GalacticHunter.com: The Clone Wars moves so fast that things happen before we have a chance to ask about them. (That's a win, right?) However, while we're on the subject of Hutts, is there any movement toward making the mincing, lisping Ziro The Hutt weasel its way onto a retail shelf?
    Hasbro: Ziro The Hutt will not be finding his way to retail shelves. However, we have not ruled him out as a promotional (mail-in) figure for 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't want to get into wording, but would a question as to why and how Kohl's was chosen for an exclusive, despite having tiny toy departments and prices that seem to prevent most people from actually buying toys there, be fair game?

I love their clothing prices. I scoff at their toy prices. Even on Black Friday.
    Our interview from Celebration V in August:
    SS: In your most recent Q&A answer about Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes going on hiatus, part of the question was about vehicles and the response didn't answer that aspect. Galactic Heroes fans are obviously excited about the new AT-AT, but are still concerned about the future of the line's chances for other vehicles. Will there be continued development on new Galactic Heroes vehicles; or is going to be more of a special event, case-by-case basis with long, irregular gaps in between? If the latter, will future vehicles take more of the AT-AT's release format with a unique pricepoint and package, or will they be released as exclusives in the existing Galactic Heroes Cinema Scene/Battle Pack type of format? Bottom line, what is the future of Galactic Heroes vehicles? (Keep in mind, when we wrote this, we didn't know about the Galactic Heroes AT-ST.)
    DD: Right. So, the Galactic Heroes for us will not be a "line" that will continue forward with a lot of, like, Cinema Scene-type for vehicles. In the line here at Celebration, we revealed the new AT-ST set, which is going to be exclusive to Kohls...
    SS: That's an interesting partnership.
    DD: Yeah. It's a good partnership.
    SS: First time for Kohls?
    DD: It is not the first time we've done a Kohls exclusive, but I think the last one might have been a shared exclusive with Kohls. Actually, no, we've done some cinema scene repacks for Kohls in the past, where they came out before, sold out, then we brought them back at Kohls. So we've worked with Kohls for the last few years on getting exclusives in there. But Galactic Heroes will not be a real systematic approach to new vehicles going forward. It's kind of going to be opportunistic. They won't be what we call "main line" vehicles, so the AT-AT this year is the last main line vehicle we'll be doing in Galactic Heroes. But instead we'll look to exclusives, or occasional cinema scenes, to keep that going. That's really the story right now, so we don't have really much to tell fans about new vehicles or new development, except those bigger kind of cinema scene things are taking more of a back seat to the 2-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Seriously, I think Tycho's questions are the way to go!!!
    If you've been out of the game for 2 years, maybe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As to the Twilight - Dave Filoni said on the Forcecast a few weeks ago that he felt that ship was a bit too Winnebago and that he preferred the shuttle Anakin's been using more recently. So, seeing as how they're basically done with it in the show for all intents and purposes, I think the chances of Hasbro making one are out the window.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The shuttle being the Eta-class Jedi ambassadorial shuttle based on concept artworks from the original trilogy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_...dorial_shuttle
    Personally, I find it a tad drab for our heroes.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You may as well be asking for a free gold bar.
    Which figure / vehicle will the free gold bar be included with? If it is a mail-away offer, how much will shipping / handling be?

Seriously though, I hope you saw that I distinguished how dissatisfied I am with Thi-Sen being offered in a battlepack. I want 5 of him, and I already have Snowbi-Wan and Ice-a-Kin. This figure's single-card demand needs to be demonstrated. The explicit point of the question was to stipulate that a battlepack wasn't good enough.

Meanwhile, Ziro the Hutt as a 2011 mail-away (this was only a suggestion, and not even a rumor folks) is a very strange way to go. I'd assume Ziro would be a repaint / update to CW Jabba (battlepack with the interpretor droid). If so, that would be the largest mail-away we've ever had (I'd think) as the Hutt mold is larger than the Eopie. Do you guys think that's feasible?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Howsabout 5, 6, 7, and 8.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Which figure / vehicle will the free gold bar be included with? If it is a mail-away offer, how much will shipping / handling be?

Seriously though, I hope you saw that I distinguished how dissatisfied I am with Thi-Sen being offered in a battlepack. I want 5 of him, and I already have Snowbi-Wan and Ice-a-Kin. This figure's single-card demand needs to be demonstrated. The explicit point of the question was to stipulate that a battlepack wasn't good enough.
    Well, the reality is that they're getting re-released (technically, TX-20 isn't the same as the deluxe, which has a new paint scheme), people wanted them re-released, they are working on it, and some of these re-releases are coming sooner in other media. Thi-Sen is not an army-builder except to you. We asked them about re-release on new cards, they answered, that's all that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Howsabout 5, 6, 7, and 8.
    Sure thing, Bob Fosse.

Thanks for answering my questions, JT.

I only wanted to explain this:

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Thi-Sen is not an army-builder except to you.
    What I want is actually a group of Talz warriors assembled around Ice-a-Kin, Snowbi-Wan, and Rex-On-The-Rocks.

I strongly doubt they are going to make generic Plutonia (whatever the planet's name was) Talz Warriors (an animated Muftak wouldn't come with the right gear, plus Muftak is from Alzoc III). So that's why I'd buy 5 Thi-Sens and use them all as generic Talz.

So if Hasbro's reading this and wants to offer an ultimate battlepack - there you go: several Freco Speeders, Snow Clones, Talz, Rex, and the Jedi, with maybe the Prime Minister and Senator from that star system.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They are doing Talz warrior.

11-16-09:
    CollectionStation.com: The Clone Wars episode "Trespass" from season 1 has resonated with a lot of fans, and the episode also sports a significant amount of noteworthy new characters and outfit variants just begging to be made into figures. Already we have the Freeco Bike confirmed, as well as snow gear Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Thi-Sen; but there's still Rex and the clones in snow gear waiting to be confirmed, the other Talz warriors, the arrogant Chi Cho, Senator Chuchi, and the Pantoran guard - there's more than enough interesting and exciting characters in this episode to fill an entire wave. While Hasbro is likely to do a number of these characters eventually, the episode will fade in buyers' memories fairly quickly, so can you reveal if any will be coming in 2010?
    Hasbro: Many of the new characters from this cool episode will be coming, but characters who do not have any screen time or relevance beyond this episode, like Chi Cho, Senator Chuchi, and the Pantoran Guard will not make the lineup.

12-21-09:
    ActionFigureInsider.com: Now that you have a Talz Sculpt in Thi -Sen— Is there any chance we can get a Battle pack or deluxe figure set of a slightly different Paint job version of a Talz Warrior with a Narglatch mount– I think that fits your play pattern ideas since they fought against the clones– you could even do a coresponding Battle Pack with the snow clones or Rex with a repainted Freeco or Barc Speeder.
    Hasbro: We will be doing additional Talz, but will not be doing the beast. As cool as it is, it does not have enough exposure in the series beyond that episode it was in to justify doing it. If it shows up again, we’ll consider it.