Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I haven't noticed any of these myself, but is there any chance it's meant to be some kind of "battle damage" or time fading on them? I doubt it; just asking.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I haven't noticed any of these myself, but is there any chance it's meant to be some kind of "battle damage" or time fading on them? I doubt it; just asking.
    The only "damage" is in our wallets for buying these inferior products produced by peasants....

Technically the ROTS Clone I saw had a sort of greenish tinted (removable) helmet. I guess you could call it yellowing. It was the same color as the helmets on my 12" AOTC Clones, that had faded to the same minty green color from being in storage for years.

So there is an ROTS Clone being offered in the Legends line, while at the same time in the TVC line? Is it the same Clone though with obviously inferior plastic?

This is perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    So there is an ROTS Clone being offered in the Legends line, while at the same time in the TVC line? Is it the same Clone though with obviously inferior plastic?
    Nope, most notably, the Vintage clone has a removable helmet (with paint errors) and ball jointed hips.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Nope, most notably, the Vintage clone has a removable helmet (with paint errors) and ball jointed hips.
    I knew it was the one with the removable helmet that was yellowed I saw in Walmart. I checked again at TRU today and looked at the Legends and TVC Clone figures.
    One legends ROTS Clone had his left arm that looked like it was yellowing, but the TVC ROTS Clone's helmet was unmistakably turning that green "yellowing" color. I was really surprised the supposedly higher quality TVC Clone was doing this more pronounced than the Legends one.

I've got plenty of Clones from years past, so I won't be buying any, but I feel sorry for anyone who wants to buy a lot of these.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    But the figures we own that are yellowing weren't yellow when we bought them. There must be a process taking place that turns white plastic yellow over time. I think in these cases, the process has just been accelerated.
    Perhaps, but the figures on shelves that are already being seen yellowed in only a matter of weeks after manufacture, far closer than several years that we've previously seen like on the TAC Stormtrooper. It couldn't be UV exposure IMO, it's too early for that much outgassing or plastic leaching, if the dye is breaking down right now it means the plastic is already breaking down. I would think they were simply bad material mixes, someone at the factory got their dye or plastic wrong. If this were acceleration, these figures would be so unstable that they would start breaking down in a matter of months which is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Technically the ROTS Clone I saw had a sort of greenish tinted (removable) helmet. I guess you could call it yellowing. It was the same color as the helmets on my 12" AOTC Clones, that had faded to the same minty green color from being in storage for years.

This is perplexing.
    Ok, I saw a couple of those helmets with the greenish tint yesterday, this is somewhat different from the yellow we're talking about on the chests. I even saw a green helmet on TVC Cmdr Cody, so that's pretty bad. The thing is, the helmets are PVC, not ABS like the chests. The 12" heads were also PVC in the Hasbro line.

There is an ROTS clone on shelves in SL and TVC at the same time, and the SL is superior and cheaper, while the TVC one has ball-jointed hips and a removable helmet. There was also a nearly-identical Vader like that, but they've since swapped it out for 500th Vader.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This kind of thing isn't unheard of, it's just unusual. Anyone ever collect the old Star Trek: TNG action figures that were made by Galoob in the late 1980s? There were several variations of skin tone on the Data figures that started appearing before the toys even made it to the retail shelves: light blue face, dark blue face, speckled face, etc.

Then there is the whole tan limbed Klaatu and green limbed Chewbacca thing from the vintage Star Wars line. Although it's unknown exactly when those particular discolorations started becoming noticeable.

Some people on the JediDefender forums were discussing how to get rid of this issue. Some people use erasers to take it off, and it's been working. A more intensive process involves heating water nearly to a boil, putting the helmet in, and wiping it off with a cloth soaked in the hot water. I'd like to give these a whirl, as just using room temperature water hasn't done anything the few times I've tried.

I read this same thing over on RS. I haven't gotten around to trying it though. Maybe the whole problem is just a film on the plastic and not the plastic actually discoloring. Still, QC is supposed to catch and take care of these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Maybe the whole problem is just a film on the plastic and not the plastic actually discoloring. Still, QC is supposed to catch and take care of these problems.
    Yeah, it's just some kind of film or residue, it seems. And while this shouldn't be happening, it is, so we can deal with the figures we've already got and hope they fix this issue soon.