Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Removable helmets never really impressed me that much anyways. Unless it's a distinctive clone with a unique face or scar like the Clone Wars, where this doesn't seem to be an issue yet.
    The only impressive advantage I see in these TVC clones is the ball jointed hips. No big deal unless they're riding something.
    No thanks, I've passed on all these TVC clones so far. They are the big pegwarmers these days, along with the Sandtrooper. Whooda thunk?

From what I've read at GH the new AOTC clone is even more superior with jointed wrists and ball jointed hips. I hope he doesn't have this problem with a yellowing helmet. I haven't seen one in the wild yet though.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I can only speak about the one AOTC clone I have, but its a perfect white, no yellowing whatsoever. I haven't heard anybody complaining about it either, so maybe its not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I can only speak about the one AOTC clone I have, but its a perfect white, no yellowing whatsoever. I haven't heard anybody complaining about it either, so maybe its not a problem.
    Same for me. I've seen two or three in the store and they all looked fine. I'd like to get a few more of this guy as well, even though I have around 50 clones in my Geonosis display already. It's just a fantastic figure.

I got two of the new stormtroopers today from HTS and both showed noticeable yellowing on the helmets even before I removed them from the packaging. I'll try the fixes mentioned above to see how well they work on these guys.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I saw one at Target yesterday with the same thing. It looked so bad, I just stashed him for someone else, I fear that's how all of them are going to look and I just can't see spending $9 on it (I also don't like the hips, so it made the choice that much easier).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

passed up every utapau trooper ive seen due to this nonsense.

The Utapau clone is an especially easy pass since they didn't correct the orange to match the film and the new Cody like they said they would. So they can screw it up all they want OR NOT, and it'll still be bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You'd think the Empire wouldn't allow their troops to turn yellow. Seriously, I think an unauthorized retreat would result in a photon torpedo up the butt.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Lucas should just digitally "yellow" all of the troopers' helmets in the movies, this way the new TVC figures will be accurate.

This is not limited to the ROTS Clone now. I went into a Walmart the other day and saw a TVC Stormtrooper with a discolored removable helmet. This is not as widespread as far as I can tell.

I am however noticing on almost all of them that the paint on the TVC Stormtrooper's helmet is sloppy with the upper black line going around the top of the helmet bleeding over into the eye's or visor of the helmet with no separation between these two black areas.

Again the TVC AOTC Clone doesn't seem to have this problem (yet)

I'm keeping all my past Saga Vintage Stormtroopers. Not only do they look cleaner in the paint apps, but who needs a Stormtrooper other than Luke and Han with a removable helmet anyways?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"