Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Troopers going yellow - while still in the package!

I had seen this mentioned on various other fan sites, but never checked for myself until a day or two ago. Sure enough, some of the Saga Legends clone troopers - I checked the Shock Trooper and 501st Trooper - have limbs or other parts going yellow while still on the card. It seems like Hasbro might be cheaping out on the plastic, or maybe diverting the better stuff over to Vintage and Clone Wars (though I've also heard about the new Goji having the same problem). I already have just about all I want from the current round of Legends, so it's not a huge issue, but it is still somewhat troubling.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Stop peeing on your toys, JJL, and that won't be a problem.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Stop peeing on your toys, JJL, and that won't be a problem.
    At least I wait to pee on them until after I purchase and open them - that I can explain! This is something else entirely.

I mentioned this was happening on TAC Stormtroopers in a recent thread, and that got to the discussion, and I do believe someone brought up those figures. Then we got into a detailed discussion about WHY it might be happening, came to no consensus, and tabled the whole thing.

How recent of SL are we talking about though? Surely not 2010 "shadows" packaging, right?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I mentioned this was happening on TAC Stormtroopers in a recent thread, and that got to the discussion, and I do believe someone brought up those figures. Then we got into a detailed discussion about WHY it might be happening, came to no consensus, and tabled the whole thing.

How recent of SL are we talking about though? Surely not 2010 "shadows" packaging, right?
    Which thread?

And yes, I am most definitely talking about the current shadows card. I saw these ones at Target.

I saw an ROTS Clone Trooper yesterday still in the package at Walmart and the helmet had yellowed. I do believe it was in the Legends packaging.

Dang, that's really bad, must be a mix problem at the factory.

This is the thread I started about figures yellowing: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=41635

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dang, that's really bad, must be a mix problem at the factory.

This is the thread I started about figures yellowing: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=41635
    Oh, right, right. Feel free to merge if you will. Though I thought it was noteworthy since it was happening to new (or at least new package) figures still on the card, which basically rules out light or environment having an effect on them.

The idea that they're "going" yellow also seems to be out the window with these Clones though, they must have shipped out of the factory yellowed.

The idea that they're "going" yellow also seems to be out the window with these Clones though, they must have shipped out of the factory yellowed.
    But the figures we own that are yellowing weren't yellow when we bought them. There must be a process taking place that turns white plastic yellow over time. I think in these cases, the process has just been accelerated.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.