Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Having thought of this more, even with my aversion to 3D I'll likely go just so my daughter can see it on the big screen. Hopefully they finally fix the Yoda in TPM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"How you get so 3-dimensional, eating food of this kind?"

"NOW Look at the size of that thing!"

"That was too closer!"

"How horrid, and totally in your face!"

"... my huge, green, friend."

"If Obi-Wan saw me doing this, after being so thrilled, he'd be very angry."

"And General, I thought you'd be taller and out in the theater more."

"Cover me (and Red 5, and Gold Leader, and Chewbacca), Porkins."

"But with the blast shield down, I can't see the 3-D..."

"At last we will reveal ourselves... more!"

and finally...

"Don't, do that again."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Any time that the SW films can be seen again on the big screen, I am totally in favor of. Having said that, Empire cannot get here soon enough.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    "If Obi-Wan saw me doing this, after being so thrilled, he'd be very angry."
    "Grumpy." He'd be very grumpy. How can you forget one of the most painfully silly lines of the entire series?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'll be happy to see the movies in the theater and it'll be a blast to bring my daughter to see them as she loves them.

Unfortunately though, I can not see in 3D due to being a little over half blind. Thus I do not know if I'll be able to justify the cost of the tickets to take my family to see movies I will almost certanly have on blue ray by the time the first one comes out.

I'll have to give it some thought. May pass up episode one and two as they just aren't that great. Empire and Jedi I'll have to see regardless of ticket prices as Empire is the best of the series, and Jedi is the first movie I ever saw in theaters when I was 3.

Between the ultra clarity of HD and the "in-your-face" of 3D, it'll feel as though I can just reach out and pull the zippers down on the Ewoks' backs from 83!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Having thought of this more, even with my aversion to 3D I'll likely go just so my daughter can see it on the big screen. Hopefully they finally fix the Yoda in TPM.
    Yoda will be digital in the Blue Ray release. They were showing footage of him as such at the SW concert tour.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Yoda will be digital in the Blue Ray release. They were showing footage of him as such at the SW concert tour.
    IIRC, There has been digital TPM Yoda footage since 2002, on the AOTC DVD doc "From Puppets to Pixels."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    IIRC, There has been digital TPM Yoda footage since 2002, on the AOTC DVD doc "From Puppets to Pixels."
    I thought they put a digital Yoda in for Empire to show George, or is that from something else?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I thought they put a digital Yoda in for Empire to show George, or is that from something else?
    Possibly. Could be both. It's been a while since I've seen the doc.
    I think they studied both Empire Yoda and TPM Yoda, then did a full CG TPM Yoda to show how it would look in the Prequels.
    I could be way off though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!