Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In a documentary on one of the prequel DVDs (I thought ROTS, but Rocketboy's saying AOTC), they show clips from the entire saga, and the Yoda in the TPM Council scenes is clearly CG and not the s***ty puppet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

From what I remember from the DVDs, when they were contemplating making Yoda CGI for AOTC, they put a preliminary version of the digital model into ESB as a test (and nothing more - we're never going to see CGI Yoda in ESB, aside from a small snippet in that doc).

When they were redoing the digital model for ROTS, that's when they put the newer model into TPM. I don't think it's ever been explicitly stated how much they did, but everyone assumes they replaced everything. The first time we saw this was on the ROTS DVD where, as I recall, they showed Yoda doing the "fear-anger-hate" speech. It wasn't among clips of the saga, as Chux said, but rather in a documentary or featurette similar to how it was shown on the AOTC DVD. The SW In Concert footage (and not the Musical Journey DVD) shows him doing a few various things, most notably saying "I sense much fear in you;" presumably, this is what Chux is remembering. Since then, it's been assumed - but never officially confirmed - that the CGI Yoda will appear in the Blu-ray and 3-D editions.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Grumpy." He'd be very grumpy. How can you forget one of the most painfully silly lines of the entire series?
    But don't you realize that "Grumpy" was a dwarf, and there are several angry giants in literature? That's why I Lucasized that line, so it'd be more appropriater for 3-D.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

In a documentary on one of the prequel DVDs (I thought ROTS, but Rocketboy's saying AOTC), they show clips from the entire saga, and the Yoda in the TPM Council scenes is clearly CG and not the s***ty puppet.
    Yeah that does sound right, and I'm pretty sure its ROTS and not AOTC.

what everyone and their mothers said about needing to replace TPM Yoda with AOTC/ROTS Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    what everyone and their mothers said about needing to replace TPM Yoda with AOTC/ROTS Yoda.
    Don't you mean "What everyone and Slickers mother said..."

Nah, what Slicker's Mom said cannot be easily represented using letters.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nah, what Slicker's Mom said cannot be easily represented using letters.
    That AND cannot be easily gotten past sensors.

I don't care about 3-D, particularly of previously made movies. Look, that Stormtrooper is farther away than before! I will go see them for the novelty, but hope they are also in smaller theaters not in 3-D so that I can go enjoy them without being assaulted by them.

I hope that they put Yoda's arrival on Dagobah into Episode III; George was wrong - it should have benn IN the movie. I also think they should fix the crime against humanity and film a Qui-Gon scene for Episode III. Talk about a setup that went nowhere. I assumed the only reason he was in Episode I and stole everything Obi-wan's character was to do was so they could have a ghost mentor and then ... nothing.

I have a hard time getting newly excited about Star Wars anymore. I own all six films, in several different formats and versions. I can watch them whenever I want.

I do find it interesting that in 2017, when Jedi is out in 3-D, that it will have been 20 years since the Special Editions. That is more time than the fourteen years in between Jedi's release in 1983 and when it came out for the Special Editions ('97). (Though I think Jedi was re-released in '85 or '86 which would mean that it was even less time it was out of theaters before the special edition.)

Star Wars in 3-D is a big ol' shrug moment for me. I'm barely interested in the whole 3-D phenomenon anyhow.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**