Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Padme lives for a while after ROTS!

If I was hired as a writer, Padme lived after ROTS. (Her death - the death of a strong woman and a leader - was done way too cheaply!)

Padme's parents knew she was still alive after the birth of the Empire. They identified the body of a dead handmaiden as their daughter. Padme used a body-double in the first 2 movies - Sabe and then Corde. Why not in ROTS?

Yoda knows. Obi-Wan does not. They feared Obi-Wan could reveal this ruse if he felt sympathy for his fallen apprentice in another confrontation with Vader, and that Darth Vader would pursue Padme relentlessly. At least this way, she could remain with one of her children - Leia. Also, with Obi-Wan NOT KNOWING, he wouldn't be very quick to refuse taking the infant Luke away, as Yoda needed him to do.

On Polis Masan, the birthing droids gave Padme a drug to simulate death, at Yoda's instruction. It fooled Obi-Wan and the droids were ordered to pronounce her dead. But Bail Organa knew, because he'd go on to hide Padme and fight a running battle against evil to protect her, even while serviing in the Imperial Senate as a presumed ally of Palpatine's.

Leia would be raised as an Organa so she could have a normal childhood and inherit Bail's seat in the Imperial Senate when she was older, so as to go on "making a difference" and oppose Palpatine when the time was right.

The charade becomes very dangerous and bounty hunters threaten to discover the truth. It costs Bail Organa the life of his wife, Breah, even. Darth Vader inadvertently does get involved and kills Padme afterall - this time by blowing up her ship - though he never knew his wife was a passenger - or even alive for that matter.

In the Expanded Universe, Leia remembers being raised by "aunts" after the death of her adopted mother (Breah). For a short time in her life, before Padme's true death, Leia might suspect that one of her aunts is actually her real mother.

"She was very beautiful, kind, but sad."

She remembers just feelings - images - like holos that R2D2 carries in his memory banks.

Defending Bail, Breah, Padme, and Leia, might be Ahsoka and Captain Rex.

Gee. I should be a writer. Oh wait....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

But then how else would she have died of "a broken heart," and not medical ailments?

I, too, felt her death wasn't handled as well as it could've been, in the film.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Sounds like bad fan fiction, Tycho. No offense. How they handled it in the movie is fine.

Leia notes that all she remembers is images and feelings. And we know the Skywalkers are strong in the force.

Leia quite possibly was far more force sensitive than Luke was. Since she resists the mind probes in ANH.

And as Yoda said... "Through the force things you will see. The future, the past, old friends long gone."

While Leia does look right at Padme shortly before her death. Her memories may be due to the force.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

@Bel-Cam Jos, dying of a broken heart is realistic, how?

There's no way I am buying that (as decent writing anyway). Anakin showed have Force-thrown her and impaled her by accident or something. In a PG-13 film (with Anakin being dismembered and burning - and Indiana Jones witnessing a human sacrafice in the PG-13 TOD), they could have shown this (less than more graphically if they needed to).

@Beast - I'm sorry, but how Lucas handles it in the movie is not fine and it really cheapened the character. More Star Wars can be a good thing. I'm just brainstorming here, but I could see my idea working.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My Uncle passed away shortly after his wife did. So it's hardly uncommon that people simply lose the will to live.

Her injuries and the stresses of childbirth took a toll on her body, and she just gave up on fighting to live.

And we're talking about a movie series with laser swords, magic powers, aliens, and sound in space.

If you can buy all that, but can't buy that the heartbreak of losing Anakin caused her death, eh.

If it sounds like bad fanfic, it still sounds like better fanfic than the last two Star Wars movies were.

I think the plan was for her to die "dramatically," not of injuries. It just didn't turn out all that well to me.

Or, to simply mirror Anakin's "death" by-Vader-ing, to be born again as a Sith Lord, while Padme dies and her children become future Force users-in-training. As with much in the creative world: good in theory, poor in execution.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The broken heart might've worked if she didn't have two babies to live for. I have a hard time buying any mother with small children dying of a broken heart like that. Unless Padme is going for a "Worst Mother in Fiction" award.

I think the mother from Flowers In The Attic clearly beat Padme. As do tons of other characters.