Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Who's going to army build Gamorrean Guards???

With 11 different assortments of wave 3 coming soon, it seems we will have no problem finding the pig....For all of those who display figures in dioramas, would you need more than, let's say, four or so guards??????? just wondering.....

I'm planning on getting at least three - one to hold each of the weapons. I'll have to check the movie to see how many are in there and probably go from there.

I was planning on four to start. I don't usually army build more than 3-4 but between a Jabba's palace set up and a Sail Barge/skiff display, I could probably use 4 easily.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I know I want to get at least 3, but will probably end up with more than that depending on how easy they are to find. I'm going to try to cut myself off at 6 loose and 2 carded, but we'll see what happens. I think I ended up with 5 of the VTAC Bossk figures from 2007 (not including the 2 Saga Legends versions I bought this year) and I'm probably 10 times more excited about this Gamorrean Guard than I ever was for Bossk.

I will buy seven of them to eat. I like pork.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm planning on getting at least three - one to hold each of the weapons. I'll have to check the movie to see how many are in there and probably go from there.
    There are never more than 3 Gamorreans in the same place at the same time in the films.

2 at the front door to the Palace
    2 in the dungeon with Threepio and Artoo
    3 in Jabba's courtroom just before 1 of them falls into the Rancor pit
    3 in Jabba's courtroom as Luke, Han and Chewie are sentenced to death
    2 inside the Sail Barge just before the Skiff Battle
    1 on the deck of the Sail Barge during the Skiff Battle

I'll probably get around 5 loose and one carded. Its a great figure, but with limited space, I can't really justify getting more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    There are never more than 3 Gamorreans in the same place at the same time in the films.

2 at the front door to the Palace
    2 in the dungeon with Threepio and Artoo
    3 in Jabba's courtroom just before 1 of them falls into the Rancor pit
    3 in Jabba's courtroom as Luke, Han and Chewie are sentenced to death
    2 inside the Sail Barge just before the Skiff Battle
    1 on the deck of the Sail Barge during the Skiff Battle
    I'm going to get at least 4 more.....for the one's in the Rancor's belly....he had quite an appetite for pork

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I know I want to get at least 3, but will probably end up with more than that depending on how easy they are to find. I'm going to try to cut myself off at 6 loose and 2 carded, but we'll see what happens. I think I ended up with 5 of the VTAC Bossk figures from 2007 (not including the 2 Saga Legends versions I bought this year) and I'm probably 10 times more excited about this Gamorrean Guard than I ever was for Bossk.
    I think once the initial wave hits, walmart and TRU will have pegs full of them...I went to TRU in Dallas this weekend and counted 22 sandtroopers and 18 magnaguards pegwarming.....

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    I think once the initial wave hits, walmart and TRU will have pegs full of them...I went to TRU in Dallas this weekend and counted 22 sandtroopers and 18 magnaguards pegwarming.....
    Well, I think there should be a distinction between "available for purchase" and "pegwarming." Wave 2 was just released last month and wave 3 hasn't even started hitting stores yet. Thus I don't think any wave 2 figure qualifies for pegwarming status just yet. It seems to be one of those situations where Hasbro can't win. If figures sell out the instant they hit the pegs, then fans complain that Hasbro underestimated demand. If the figures take a few days or weeks to sell through, then they are labeled as pegwarmers and people start claiming that the line isn't selling and make doom-and-gloom predictions about the future of Star Wars merchandising.

So, in short, those Sandtroopers and Magnaguards aren't "pegwarming," they are just "available." If those exact same figures are still around in 2011, then maybe you can start to use the term "pegwarmer" to describe them.