Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    You are most useful. Thanks again pal!
    Collecting is SO MUCH FUN in this digital age....I remember when the only way you found new stuff....was, well, when you found new stuff

didn't mean to sound like a grandpa....I was 5 when I sat in the theater with my dad and watched STAR WARS 3x in a row....yeah, you could do that back then and it was legal

So I went to see about the tie and snowspeeder. I talked with a manager in the end who told me that the policy was that he can not go to the back and pull out collectibles. He tells me this right after someone was able to pull one attack on hoth set for me. ????? He tells me that I probably just "caught someone new", but that he would not do it for me. The target scan pad thingy showed the tie and snowspeeder in stock. Oh well. I guess I must wait. This city sometimes really sux in situations like these. I bet if I were a beautiful woman this "Mike" guy would have pulled it from the stock room for me.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

3 out of 4 Targets had their endcaps up today....scored the geo sets, vintage snowspeeders x2, and hoth battle packs.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    So I went to see about the tie and snowspeeder. I talked with a manager in the end who told me that the policy was that he can not go to the back and pull out collectibles. He tells me this right after someone was able to pull one attack on hoth set for me. ????? He tells me that I probably just "caught someone new", but that he would not do it for me. The target scan pad thingy showed the tie and snowspeeder in stock. Oh well. I guess I must wait. This city sometimes really sux in situations like these. I bet if I were a beautiful woman this "Mike" guy would have pulled it from the stock room for me.
    Many employees only say that sort of thing because they just don't feel like walking to the back of the store to look. Your best bet in this situation would be to ask to speak to a manager; don't just take one employee's word for it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Dont feel bad. None of my 5 targets have the reset nor does anyone go to the back, not even for my friend and she is burning hot!!

Target in Manhattan Kansas has put up its endcap displays, so I was able to pick up the R2-D2/C-3PO two pack. As luck would have it, it was the last set left on the shelf. R2 is preaty nice. He's probably my favorite version I have of him mostly because of the doors that open. Too bad they couldn't work the sensor scope into him like they did on the clone wars version though. I'm kinda suprised that this rarely happens. I think this is the first time I can remember seeing the two of them come together before.

However, there end cap display had only 2nd and 1st wave figures for the vintage collection. Still havn't seen the 3rd wave (which as far as I'm concerned is THE wave).

Found the Geonosis Arena 2packs yesterday and picked up 3PO and R2, the only set I wanted as I'm not into that scene, but a better-articulated Battle Droid 3PO and a new R2 body are good things.

This whole 2nd wave is apparently going to be pretty low in number, so get while the getting is possible - I didn't want to spend another $13 after buying 2 Saga Legends figures at WM for $3.50 (they were on clearance for no reason) and 2 Fire Troopers for $5 each, but I couldn't say no to a new R2 and semi-new 3PO (the limbs are from 4-LOM).

R2 has a clear radar eye, which is odd, but at least it's not blue. The new body has fairly crisp sculpting and a new smaller door that opens on the left with a prequel cutting arm and details inside the body. The back has a new winch and more detail inside. The dome is just silver paint, not mind-blowing or super shiny or anything.

3PO has a pretty decent paint job, dull metallic AOTC with lots of black weathering dry-brush, some red bits, 1 gray bit, very gold eyes. The head has a great sculpt that I think is borrowed from the BAD version. The figure is a little taller than the BAD though and has the wider shoulders from 4-LOM, but he can move nicely. The head is on a ball-joint (though it can only rotate) and pops out to pop in a nicely-sculpted Battle Droid head, but that head has somewhat big eyes and no weathering at all (yes, it came out of the factory, but somehow they always have wear).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    R2 has a clear radar eye, which is odd, but at least it's not blue. The new body has fairly crisp sculpting and a new smaller door that opens on the left with a prequel cutting arm and details inside the body. The back has a new winch and more detail inside.
    R2 is mainly the reason I got this set, but I concidered the 3PO a bonus. I thought it was strange that he comes with a clear eye too, but for some reason I think it works. Looks almost like there's a reflection in it or something.

With regards to the Hoth sets, I'm mainly interested in getting the beardless Rebel Trooper and the AT-ST Driver. I'd be happy to pay $15 for each of these (plus shipping), so if anyone is interested in splitting the sets with me, please drop me a PM. I realise these are the most desirable figures, but there maybe someone who would like an AT-ST and a couple of snowtroopers for $25, or some extra Rebel stuff for the same?
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

went to target last night. reset was up and this guy had the last seven hoth sets in his cart plus a bunch of geo arena stuff my 7 year old son wanted one of the hoth turret set and the mexican guy said "better luck next time"

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!