Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    That Rebel set is awfully tempting. Still, it's forty bucks. No interest at all in the Imperial set; that new driver looks downright stupid.

The new Geonosis sets look astoundingly subpar. I wanted the goatee Jedi and was thinking of the Rodian. But then I saw them. Ten bucks these are not worth.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That Rebel set is awfully tempting. Still, it's forty bucks. No interest at all in the Imperial set; that new driver looks downright stupid.

The new Geonosis sets look astoundingly subpar. I wanted the goatee Jedi and was thinking of the Rodian. But then I saw them. Ten bucks these are not worth.
    What's wrong with the AT-ST Driver or Geonosis sets?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The AT-ST Driver, I dunno, I didn't care at all for the GIJoe-styled webgear. He didn't look Star Warsy to me. Not the design, just the execution. And, well, I just don't need another guy to sit in a cockpit and not be seen.

The Geonosis sets all had really, really bad paint, and most of them had headsculpts that I don't think would've passed muster a decade ago. Anakin was especially bad. Maybe if the new guys (or new guy and Rodian resculpt) are still around when these hit half price, I'll pick them up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The AT-ST Driver, I dunno, I didn't care at all for the GIJoe-styled webgear. He didn't look Star Warsy to me. Not the design, just the execution. And, well, I just don't need another guy to sit in a cockpit and not be seen.

The Geonosis sets all had really, really bad paint, and most of them had headsculpts that I don't think would've passed muster a decade ago. Anakin was especially bad. Maybe if the new guys (or new guy and Rodian resculpt) are still around when these hit half price, I'll pick them up.
    I think the "webgear" is actually the harness that the actors wore while in the AT-ST cockpit. It's in the movie, but can only be seen while the AT-ST Drivers are actually operating the AT-ST. I haven't seen any of the new Target sets yet, but I'm pretty sure the harness on the figure is removable.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I saw and was tempted with four of these last night: TIE, Snowspeeder, Rebel and Imperial Hoths. But like El Chuxter, I passed due to cost. But in the checkout aisle behind me: dude getting a TIE Fighter and the Hoth turrets.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I know the TIE cockpit is the newer detailed version, but I have no idea why anyone would buy the short-wing version. You know Hasbro is going to release a gray (long-wing) version again eventually.

I have considered buying the short-wing version just for the cockpit and then just swapping the wings out for the bigger version. I worry that the paint jobs won't match though.

I wish they'd ditch the pop-off wings features. The wings never stay parallel, especially if you want to display it in the air. I did some trickery with fishing wire to get mine parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think the "webgear" is actually the harness that the actors wore while in the AT-ST cockpit. It's in the movie, but can only be seen while the AT-ST Drivers are actually operating the AT-ST. I haven't seen any of the new Target sets yet, but I'm pretty sure the harness on the figure is removable.

Yeah, it is removable. The figure looks alot better without it I think. Although, it has the same problem with the goggles and helmet as the Vintage AT-AT commander has; they dont fit right over the helmet or beneath it, so you just have to display him without the goggles accessory.

You're right that the Geonosis sets arent that impressive (especially the horrible Super Battle Droid), but the R2 and 3PO set is well worth it. The AOTC C3PO in that set is the best version of that figure yet. The metallic paint job is nice and the detals on the fig are pretty good too. Well worth the $$$.

I passed on everything but the turret Hoth set & the CW Senate Commando 2-pack. Sick of giving Hasbro more $$$ for repacks & repaints. Alot of the characters in the BP's will end up carded anyway.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I wouldn't be so sure about some of the Clone Wars battlepack characters being re-issued on cards.
    Hasbro has yet to even re-issue quite a few CW carded figures.

I got the Senate Commando 2pk and the Bounty Hunters BP yesterday.