Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Walmart will price match Vintage for $5 !!!!!

    Went to Walmart this am with target's weekly ad, since my walmart has 10 pegs of wave 2.....Took 20 vintage figures to the register and they price-matched them for $5 each...then I went to target and noticed that only the cw/saga legends were for sale, so make sure you go to walmart if you want vintage....probably just return most of them to TRU where I paid $10 a fig ..GOOD LUCK

  2. #2
    It'll depend upon the Wal-Mart and who's working. I tried this once a few years ago, and they'd only match for the particular figure shown in the ad. And another time, they wouldn't match the C-3PO with removeable limbs (this was ages ago) because Hasbro had a blurb on the packaging about his metallic finish, and they honestly thought this made him a different type of figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It'll depend upon the Wal-Mart and who's working. I tried this once a few years ago, and they'd only match for the particular figure shown in the ad. And another time, they wouldn't match the C-3PO with removeable limbs (this was ages ago) because Hasbro had a blurb on the packaging about his metallic finish, and they honestly thought this made him a different type of figure.
    I went to the 20 items or less express lane....she looked like a pleasant grandma-ma....took one look at the ad from my hands and price pointed every single one ..The people behind me with their 6 packs of budlight lime were shaking their heads....That's pretty early for an eye-opener on a sunday morning....

  4. #4
    My wal mart never price matches star wars figures. They will tell me that price is only for an anakin or grievous figure because those are the two pictured. It really is stupid.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    My wal mart never price matches star wars figures. They will tell me that price is only for an anakin or grievous figure because those are the two pictured. It really is stupid.
    That seems like the time to call over a manager. If the manager won't budge you could give them a lecture on the principles of price-matching. If they won't meet the price on all the figures (cause it doesn't take a genious to know that Target didn't sort out all the Anakins and Grievouses and put only those figures on sale) you'll just go and spend your money elsewhere, thus defeating the whole point of having a price-matching policy.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    My wal mart never price matches star wars figures. They will tell me that price is only for an anakin or grievous figure because those are the two pictured. It really is stupid.
    I always fire back..there's 50 figures in this collection...you think the AD has room to picture all 50??????? then the light bulb turns on= sale

  7. #7
    We got a present for my daughter a couple of years ago for Christmas at Wal-Mart: the Kota Triceratops, which went massively on sale as the economy crashed. We found it $50 cheaper at Target. Had to take it back, since they wouldn't match the price; seems Target was "out of [their] radius for price matching."

    As my wife pointed out, almost everyone in our town has to work elsewhere where there's a Target, and, for $50, it sure wasn't out of our radius.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #8
    I noticed at Target today why it would be useful to get WM to price match. The ad simply says "Star Wars figures." However, Vintage (the only ones I'd want) are not on sale.

    Truth is, though, you'd be more likely to get them for $5 at Target if you take them to the register, let them ring up at $7.99, and say, "Uh, hold on, the ad says those are $5!" Under most circumstances, the cashier would simply glance at the ad and has the authority to override the price his or herself.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I noticed at Target today why it would be useful to get WM to price match. The ad simply says "Star Wars figures." However, Vintage (the only ones I'd want) are not on sale.

    Truth is, though, you'd be more likely to get them for $5 at Target if you take them to the register, let them ring up at $7.99, and say, "Uh, hold on, the ad says those are $5!" Under most circumstances, the cashier would simply glance at the ad and has the authority to override the price his or herself.
    I did mine at walmart solely because my walmart had 10-15 pegs of TVC wave 2 and my target had only wave 1.....For some reason 6 targets in my area do not have any wave 2 hanging on the pegs

  10. #10
    A better question is "why hasn't Walmart corporately adjusted their prices to say $4.50????? to compete with Target.....by now?????"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO