Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool 20:10-11 for fighting: NHL Thread

The NHL sure knows how to wreck an "opening week" of hockey. When was the actual first day and game(s)? And why did Pittsburgh get a new arena, when the Igloo was so successful (if you ignore the first decade or so )?

But despite global climate change, the sport on ice indoors (with one game outside) begins again.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

All I know is that my Sharks split a pair of games with Columbus in Stockholm. The Sharks looked pretty rusty as the lines have all been shuffled since last season and the result was a lot of penalties. They won't play again for a week so hopefully the time change isn't a killer and they can get themselves firing on all cylinders.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Let's go Rangers!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The Red Wings are off to a great start:

Game 1: Detroit beats Anaheim 4-0, giving Jimmy Howard an opening night shutout. Also, Pavel Datsyuk gets a Gordie Howe Hat Trick and Mike Modano scores in his Red Wings debut.

Game 2: Detroit spoils Chicago's Cup Banner raising by beating the Blackhawks 3-2.

The Chicago Blackhawks raise their Stanley Cup banner prior to their game against the Detroit Red Wings.The moment is marred somewhat when Detroit third-liner Kris Draper surveys the rafters and comments "Wow, Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too!"
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Penguins win a home game. Yippee! If the playoffs started today (that would be cool), they'd be the #6 seed.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Wow; it's almost December and this thread's yet to get a page 2.

Does anyone understand the changes they made to this year's All-Star Game?

Fans vote still vote for the starters. At some point, they are going to pick 2 captains, who will then choose teams. It isn't conference vs. conference or North America vs. the World (which I didn't like). It is essentially just a glorified pick-up game. They didn't say what the team names would be and I really hope it isn't Team Ovechkin vs. Team Crosby. The whole thing was Brendan Shannahan's idea. Its worth a try and should be interesting.

I think they scrapped the rookie game. Instead, the league is going to pick a group of rookies that will participate in the skills competition.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The All-Star game is a joke. It's so damn boring.
    I prefer watching the skills competition.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The only part of the All-Star games I've liked are when there are three Sharks and they play on the same line. The skills competition is much more interesting and the rookie game was always incredibly boring. I will admit that I'm not crazy about the new changes, I feel like it calls attention to how meaningless the game really is if they just assign sides like a pick-up game.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I can't blame the rain for that loss. Anyone else think that "fight" was staged?