Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am so glad the Chilean Miners are about to be rescued TODAY!!!

33 of them have been trapped for over 2 months.

They projected a rescue could take as long as Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I am so glad for them.

I think it's hard to think of a story with a happier ending!

They'll all be telling us about it by tomorrow.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    33 of them have been trapped for over 2 months.

They projected a rescue could take as long as Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I am so glad for them.

I think it's hard to think of a story with a happier ending!

They'll all be telling us about it by tomorrow.
    So what's the word, have they actually started lifting them out yet? I couldn't imagine being trapped in the dark with 32 other guys for that long.

Well, I think they ran electricity down to them, and they had portable generators.

That stuff could be sent down in a smaller opening (perhaps the beginnings of the ones they are using now) - like how they got them food and water.

For the first 17 days though, no one knew they were missing or needed help.

But yeah, I think about 23 of the 33 have been rescued so far.

FOX News has continuous coverage that's been very good.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yup, the first guy out was last night around 12ish central, then its (I think) 20 min. for the cart/elevator to get down there and 20 min. back up. I just checked on CNN and they said they have 29 on the surface which leaves 4 more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Very cool that this story has a happy ending.
    Except for the married guy whose mistress met him at the mine when he came to the surface instead of his wife of 28 years. I think his soon-to-be-ex-wife is going to give him the shaft (again).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Except for the married guy whose mistress met him at the mine when he came to the surface instead of his wife of 28 years. I think his soon-to-be-ex-wife is going to give him the shaft (again).
    Is that for real???

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Is that for real???
    Yessiree....in front of God and the TV viewing world, his mistress was shown giving him a big ol' bear hug minutes after he was rescued. The news commentator explained that his wife refuse to show up after it was revealed that TWO people were holding vigil for the same miner in the tent city that popped up around the mine in support of the trapped men. Oops!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=11869775
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Yessiree....in front of God and the TV viewing world, his mistress was shown giving him a big ol' bear hug minutes after he was rescued. The news commentator explained that his wife refuse to show up after it was revealed that TWO people were holding vigil for the same miner in the tent city that popped up around the mine in support of the trapped men. Oops!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=11869775
    Ohhh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was most touched by the miner who dropped to his knees upon being released from the shaft and thanked God.