The demo for TFU II is now online!

Anybody played it yet? Thoughts? It went online yesterday, I had it in my scheduler but had so much else going on that I forgot to download it.

I'm downloading it right now, it's 1.2gb so it'll take my meager DSL line an hour ten to get it.

I must say, I'm quite excited to see what they've done.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just started playing TFU 1 a couple weeks ago. Have not gotten very far. I started playing Asassins Creed and found that a bit more to my liking. Not that TFU isn't enjoyable. It is. My tastes have evolved to sandbox type gameplay rather than linear. Its gonna be awhile before I play TFU 2. Curious to know what you think and how the game has changed from the original.

The demo for TFU2 was a big improvement graphically and the menus are finally instant, which was a HUUUUUGE problem.

Story, the level moves forward a little, which is fine, but doesn't do too much.

The camera is a little further back which is not ideal but shows more. The movement is smoother but also in a way a little more stiff. The moves are a little more grandiose but mainly not different. The mind trick is fun if a little limited for now. A few of the moves I like aren't there, but may be in the full version. The double sabers aren't really that impressive, they're trying to use them like God of War but it comes off more like TFU1 so far. Selecting your enemy is the same awkwardness it was before, now they have an unattractive blue halo that I bet gets cleaned up in the final.

Enemies get their limbs cut off, it's actually a little much IMO. Heads, legs, arms, forearms, it's pretty gruesome to watch stormtroopers get sliced and diced this way. It's not bloody either, they have solid pink flesh inside the white armor over black bodysuit, cauterized.

Some stuff seemed way nerfed in the demo, the AT-ST variants are barely trouble, as are the giant war droids with their single button combo. And there's these pop-up cylinders that almost beg to fire blasters yet do nothing.

At the end was Force Rage, and it was basically trying to be God of War's Spartan Rage, and it wasn't too bad, pretty exciting, needed a bigger enemy to beat upon.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It took me about 30-45 minutes to download the game on my DSL, which wasn't too bad I guess. I accidentally stopped it at one point due to my own stupidity.

I never played TFU before, so I can't really comment about out it does or doesn't differ...I thought it was a fun little demo. Enjoying the background story and I didn't seem too lost without knowing the beginning.

Also, why are the troopers with Force pikes harder to kill than that big droid?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

The droid I'm sure will be tougher to kill in the final version. Its takedown is pretty tame compared to the first game's droids (this wasn't in the first game, but I can't imagine them making them so easy), I remember the AT-ST in the demo where you slice it right in half down the middle, that blew my mind.

I wish the hard setting on the game had more guys to chop up, that's how the first game is, the enemies are greater in number at some spots.