Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eFX TIE Fighter

That thing looks awesome! I've heard a little about the wing problems. What's the deal exactly? Is it deformed parts, or are people not attaching them correctly?

I don't know, it could be both. But again to start worrying for another eFX piece is not encouraging...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Its unfortunate that they can't get some of the QC issue taken care of. They've been working on the TIE for over 2 years, so you'd think they'd have all the details worked out on it. All these issues are hurting their reputation. I think hiring a PR person to release updates and to answer emails would do them a world of good.

I know what you mean alas. I'm not a fan of the "new" eFX and their policies. Hopefully they will wake up and understand that respect for customers = good business. Anyway from what I know my TIE will arrive in February and hopefully without any issues. The fact that we have to think that a collectible might arrive with issues after the big $ we pay for them is insane...
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

My eFX TIE Fighter arrived, just put it together. Glad I managed to attach the screws quite easily, but indeed I had to sand down the interior of the wing cover plates to fit better - now I can have them on or off with ease. To peel off the sticky paper on the acrylic base was a HUGE pain in the *** though. I couldn't peel it off in one move like on Vader helmet base, but small pieces half size a dollar bill. Crazy.

Overall it looks really impressive, I wanted this TIE Fighter studio scale for years, and can say I'm happy with it. I don't know too much about TIE Fighter's accuracy, but even if not as accurate as a custom TIE Fighter kit, the eFX is still a great display piece.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX TIE Fighter 10.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	27175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX TIE Fighter 12.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	27176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX TIE Fighter 15.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	27177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX TIE Fighter 20.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	27178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX TIE Fighter 28.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	27179
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Its a beauty! Glad you didn't have the some of the problems I've been reading about. As far as I know, its very accurate although I suppose someone with more expertise than me could point out some flaws. Someone over on therpf said that $999 is a steal for a studio scale model. To have one individually made apparently costs a whole lot more just because of the amount of work that goes into it. I suppose it could be a reason why it took so long for efx to come out with it.

Thanks! Indeed I'm glad it arrived without problems - I don't really count the bad quality of base cover sheet a problem since it didn't affect the quality of the TIE in the end - though it not careful when taking it off it could get the base scratched if not careful. But the TIE itself is very impressive, maybe not as impressive as the MR AT-AT but very close. It would have been even better if eFX use a black or clear acylic pole (like Icons) and maybe also a black or Death Star base. Still when recovering budget I might go for a custom Death Star base one day...
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

That's a beauty, congratulations on the get.

I've had that problem with the sticky paper on the acrylic bases before, it's VERY frustrating, I wonder how they inspect the bases for flaws with the factory paper on them. Maybe they don't inspect that aspect at all.

Having the TIE and the DS base together would remind me of the Icons piece, I used to look at it a lot in the shop when I was a lad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks!

The sticky paper which I had on Vader helmet base was easy to remove. Ob the TIE it was hell. I also had to unscrew the acrylic and wipe the underneath right part where there was some dust infiltrated there. But right now the base looks great. Though I wish the pole was black instead of shiny silver, would distract less IMO.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback