Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope TPB

Hey all, I don't know if any of you others have seen this before, but I definatly recommend you pick it up and give it a read. It's a "What If?" tale, dealing with what would happen if one event in the Star Wars universe went wrong. What the consiquences would be for everything after that. In this case Luke's Proton Torpedoes pre-maturely detonate inside the exhause port, leaving the Death Star weakened but not destroyed. From there the story goes off in a new direction, becoming every bit as exciting as the original films of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ were. I won't spoil the story here, but if they ever made an animated movie, this would make one hell of one. If you guys have read it, I would love to discuss your thoughts on it, it really was a most intresting idea for a comic series. I hope that they plan to do more stories like this in the near future.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Question

How many issues are in the trade paperback? I wanted to read the comics, but I figured a TPB would be out soon. Wow! I should buy a lottery ticket!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    How many issues are in the trade paperback? I wanted to read the comics, but I figured a TPB would be out soon. Wow! I should buy a lottery ticket!
    It's all 4 issues that were released last year. Yeah, they don't even try any more do they. A comic comes out then a few months later they hit us with a trade paperback. I guess they figure, they are printing the comic anyway, may as well just print the TPB at the same time. You won't regret reading it though, Bel-Cam, great comic series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Good call Jar Jar

Nice to see that someone is plugging this series and the trade paperback.

This was a truly excellent read and here's hoping they do Infinities stories for the other movies.

Oh if you already haven't you should definately check out the collected first 4 issues of Star Wars Tales.

The stories "A Death Star is Born" and "Skippy the Jedi Droid" are worth the cover price alone.

Check it out!

Re: Good call Jar Jar

Originally posted by billfremore
    Oh if you already haven't you should definately check out the collected first 4 issues of Star Wars Tales. The stories "A Death Star is Born" and "Skippy the Jedi Droid" are worth the cover price alone. Check it out!
    ROFL, I picked that up the same day that I picked up Infinities. Just haven't had a chance to read thru it all the way yet. Yeah, the "Skippy the Jedi Droid" tale was silly, but cool. We really need a new "Skippy" Figure

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar

Be sure to check out the "A Death Star is Born" story,

Kevin Rubio writes some funny, funny, stuff

Infinities

I bought the Infinities series when it was on the shelf at my comic shop... I liked it alot... the best part to me was when it was actually Leia behind the Vader mask that appeared to Luke on Dagobah.

I didn't know there was a collected Star Wars Tales book... I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. waht is the cover price ??
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Cover price

The cover price for Star Wars Tales is $19.95 US, $29.95 Canadian

A very good investment.

Re: Infinities

Originally posted by xboywonder
    I didn't know there was a collected Star Wars Tales book... I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. waht is the cover price ??
    $19.95 is the cover price. Well worth every penny, especially for the "Skippy the Jedi Droid" story. Wow, that name has come up lately in alot of my posts, maybe I should try to metion it from now on in all of my posts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I really enjoyed the Infinities series. I wonder what the SW universe would be like if this timeline was continued. Would the rebirth of the Jedi be more closely related to the original Jedi than they are in the current books?

I also like Tales. Instead of buying the new TPB, I'm looking for issues 2-4. I have all the others. Good stuff there.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!