Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's a lot of unnecessary work. When I returned my old POTF2 Bespin Luke and Sandtrooper, I just heated up the packing material so they fit properly on the new Vintage bubbles. Much easier than printing fake UPCs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    I bet these swappers put all kinds of nick-nacks like a half-eaten snickers, old toothpaste tubes, some rocks,...etc
    Forgive me, but that makes NO sense at all!

Why... WHY! would someone only eat HALF a snickers?!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    Forgive me, but that makes NO sense at all!

Why... WHY! would someone only eat HALF a snickers?!
    Agreed, that's just crazy!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Agreed, that's just crazy!
    snickers, really satisfies....but when you're a swapper, only thing that will satisfy you is trading in 10 year old figures for brand new ones...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That's a lot of unnecessary work. When I returned my old POTF2 Bespin Luke and Sandtrooper, I just heated up the packing material so they fit properly on the new Vintage bubbles. Much easier than printing fake UPCs.
    Well at least that's smart because it's still the same figure!!1!!! Now if it was a different figure then it would be dumb and THEN you would be ripping someone off!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I had a dream about this...I was in the toy aisle and there were three old star wars figures with glued upcs on them. That was last night after I read this story. Weird.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Meh, its only plastic. Its not like they are stealing someone's avatar, which is practically identity theft.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Well, if Milky Way bars are on sale, you could purchase them at one store and return them in exchange for Snickers if the chocolate is priced the same at another store.

However, this does not work with Twix, because there are two of them in every pack.

And you can't cut a Milky Way bar in half to match the exact same size of Twix bars, either.

I've spent hours on this myself, but I am not a pro-candy bar customizer.

But I did save 3 cents on each Snickers bar by returning Milky Way bars to a different store!

After I drove for 20 minutes to a different retailer, I returned 18 chocolate bars and saved a total of $0.54!

I make sure to take advantage of bargains like this that I've come across in life!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a serious note:

1) Anyone troop-building Hoth Soldiers have too many with beards or goatees. This is how Hasbro single-carded almost every Hoth Trooper - save for maybe that 2004 Saga one, which was scaled too small.

2) Parents buying the Hoth sets for their child-newbie fans, won't know the difference, and the (youngest) kids that get them might not either. (Might not. As a child, I was aware that the vintage Imperial Commander was not Admiral Piett, and I wanted Piett!)

3) Collectors buying the Hoth sets could be very disappointed. I myself should be able to use the cannons, but I really want the Rebel figures. I do not want to make multiple trips to Target - though I could return tampered-with sets. Thanks to this post subject, I will open my battlepacks in the parking lot and make sure I got what I paid for.

4) This pretty much sucks. Hasbro might release the Hoth Soldier single-carded in a Legends assortment in a year or so as it is.

5) They still have not made the vintage Hoth Rebel Soldier (tan vest, no facial hair!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    Meh, its only plastic. Its not like they are stealing someone's avatar, which is practically identity theft.
    I read this 7 times before I figured out that I didn't post this....nice jedi mind-trick

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    I read this 7 times before I figured out that I didn't post this....nice jedi mind-trick

I believe it was old Ben Kenobi that said "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".