Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wow, that's insane; but anytime stores rely solely on UPC codes to keep track of all of their merchandise, they will leave themselves wide open for crap like this.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Wow, that's insane; but anytime stores rely solely on UPC codes to keep track of all of their merchandise, they will leave themselves wide open for crap like this.
    People are reporting finding the new Target Hoth battle packs with POTF swapped figures.....Can you just imagine what's actually INSIDE the box????? I bet these swappers put all kinds of nick-nacks like a half-eaten snickers, old toothpaste tubes, some rocks,...etc

Last year I bought the TRU exclusive gunship for my kid. We found water bottles, newspaper from Alabama, and a busted old gi joe vehicle inside.

Last night at one of my targets I saw special seals placed on the edges of hoth packs pretty much saying return not accepted if seal is broken.

So how is doing this any worse than taking already purchased figures back to get more money than what you paid?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

who knows but this is all out of control. the deal is packages need special seals like on lego of pentium cpus. this way you cant deny a broken seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    So how is doing this any worse than taking already purchased figures back to get more money than what you paid?
    because the returned figures are EXACTLY the same figures....it's not swapping figures that are 10 years old!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 10-25-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Attack- Play nice, folks!

I think slicker has totally missed the point...

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    I think slicker has totally missed the point...
    Agreed...this is stating the obvious.....

I was at a WM once, in line to exchange gift, when a person ahead of me was returning a water purification unit. The counter attendant, to his dismay, opened it. He was trying to get her not to, but she went ahead. Inside were old VHS cassettes. The guy became flustered, but I missed much of the dialogue because I was performing my transaction. I do recall a manager coming over, but whether he was correctly cited for attempted theft I'll never know. We live in a world of scum and villainy.