Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Going through the other sites' questions right now.

Big vehicle for Clone Wars next year, but sub-$100. What could it be? Republic Attack Shuttle would be nice, it's still featured a lot on the show, even if it's rarely excitingly-used anymore.

There will be a Geonosian on speeder next year? That's interesting, is it going to be just the same Dooku speeder, or do they get something new?

I didn't realize the AT-AT's electronics are different in Europe for the language barrier. That's an interesting variation, I wonder if it'll get collected as such. And is it the case with the AT-TE, Falcon, and Turbo Tank as well?

Ok, 2 hours into the job, the questions from other sites are posted:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2676

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Wow, I've been a Star Wars fan for 33 of my 37 years on this earth and I don't recognize a single one of these names. The only surprise about Hasbro's response is that it's as wordy as it is.
    I feel roughly the same.

Cool news about Lando. I'm hoping for an update of his Skiff Guard outfit, but would be pretty happy with a better version of General Lando as well.
    I'd prefer General Lando, the Skiff figure we have is fairly competent. If they do update Skiff instead, I would hope they include the sandstorm accessories as well. The timing would be right.

The response about Sy Snootles doesn't really surprise me, neither does Hasbro's general lack of enthusiasm for the Rebo Band. Thinking back to the vintage days, I recall seeing Kenner's Rebo Band sets rotting on shelves, at clearance prices, well into 1986. So, I don't have a hard time believing that the band has just never done well at retail.
    True enough, the originals did indeed hid liquidators like Pic-n-Sav.

Is it just me or did Hasbro all but confirm that the new Leia next year is going to be the Bespin Gown version? Maybe I'm just reading too much into their answer.
    They didn't confirm it, but they made it sound like either next year or the year after, there are 2 Bespin Leias in the question and they said the next few years so it could be 1 next year and 1 the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    As for Lando, I'd prefer a General version with a soft-goods cape so he can sit in the Falcon. The skiff guard version still holds up really well even with its slightly limited articulation. We do still need the Endor version, though.
    I just checked the film, Lando doesn't wear the cape in the Falcon. And the Endor costume is the General costume with the outer tunic opened, I'm not sure that's important enough to warrant another figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Big vehicle for Clone Wars next year, but sub-$100. What could it be? Republic Attack Shuttle would be nice, it's still featured a lot on the show, even if it's rarely excitingly-used anymore.
    Their cryptic answer to a question I had at CV leads me to possibly hope for a Sail Barge. Let's start that rumor, eh? When I asked what it would take to get a Sail Barge, I asked about it being featured heavily in several episodes of the Clone Wars, and they said something like, "one or two wouldn't hurt."

The Attack Shuttle doesn't do much and I don't know how much of an interesting/fun toy it would be, but that's definitely a possibility.

There will be a Geonosian on speeder next year? That's interesting, is it going to be just the same Dooku speeder, or do they get something new?
    In Landing At Point Rain, they ride the Dooku-style speeder, so I assume it's that.

I don't recognize many of the alien names, either. So few of them are even visible in the film. I'd say that Rogwa Wodrata stands the highest chance, as all the other Separatist Council members have been made (aside from of the aides).

I just checked the film, Lando doesn't wear the cape in the Falcon. And the Endor costume is the General costume with the outer tunic opened, I'm not sure that's important enough to warrant another figure.
    Interesting; I thought the Endor outfit was different. But if we can get open-jacket Hoth Han then I don't think this is too far out of the question.

The 2004 General Lando has a long neck, is looking up, and doesn't have knee articulation, which all adds up to him looking weird in the Falcon. Not that I'll be posing him in there forever or anything, but that sort of compatibility is nice to have.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Maybe we could springboard off the blurrg question (I forget what site asked it) about the possibility, should it get made, that it might be re-released with a Marauder figure. After all, we do have Teek, and he's a little lonely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The blurrg itself is extremely unlikely, I think, even in spite of what Hasbro said. They were in the Ryloth trilogy at the end of Season One and in a recent episode that took place before those, but they were only ever ridden by Twi'lek freedom fighters, not clones. Even with all the timeline-hopping I can't imagine going to Ryloth too many more times.

Another site asked about Blue Snaggletooth, which coverd my non-question from last week.
    Q2) If, according to (Lucas/fandom and the Kenner figure) Blue Snaggletooth is Zutton, the "twin" of Teekel (the red Snaggletooth in the "Cantina Denizens" cinemapack), then why was the Blue Snaggletooth in the K-mart exclusive made from a Geezum (Hasbro red Snaggletooth) figure? That said, will we ever get a "proper" Blue garbed metal booted Zutton Snaggletooth?
    A2) The red snaggletooth was used because the tooling was the best route to getting a blue snaggletooth. We do think that sometime in the next few years an updated blue one will make it into the line, but it would still be several years away if we decided to slot it in.
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...r-october-2010
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Would it be racist if they'd answered, "All Snivvians look alike to us"?

Because, really, they do.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Would it be racist if they'd answered, "All Snivvians look alike to us"?

Because, really, they do.
    Yes. Now go sign yourself up for a a sensitivity training class.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Their cryptic answer to a question I had at CV leads me to possibly hope for a Sail Barge. Let's start that rumor, eh? When I asked what it would take to get a Sail Barge, I asked about it being featured heavily in several episodes of the Clone Wars, and they said something like, "one or two wouldn't hurt."
    1) That would not be a "Clone Wars" vehicle.

2) That would not be a sub-$100 vehicle, look at how expensive the CW Y-wing and latest Republic Gunship were and compare that size to the AT-TE.

3) I think you're reaching, Hasbro's told us many times that it would have to DO more on the show than just float.

The Attack Shuttle doesn't do much and I don't know how much of an interesting/fun toy it would be, but that's definitely a possibility.
    They made the Clone Swamp Speeder, and it's just 2 recliners with an air conditioner in between. The Attack Shuttle has guns and fold-up wings and a nose that holds numerous heroes and has been seen dozens of times, that's a recipe for success.

In Landing At Point Rain, they ride the Dooku-style speeder, so I assume it's that.
    Ok, yeah, I remember now, then I'm not buying that set. That bike needs a refresh, it's so boring.

Interesting; I thought the Endor outfit was different.
    I'll attach screengrabs of Lando in the Falcon not wearing the cape but showing the brown short-sleeved tunic over a beige shirt, and then a shot from the end of the film in the same tunic open.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDVD_013.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	23819 | Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDVD_012.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	23818

But if we can get open-jacket Hoth Han then I don't think this is too far out of the question.
    May as well be asking for a bandaged Leia while you're at it. I expect neither.

The 2004 General Lando has a long neck, is looking up, and doesn't have knee articulation, which all adds up to him looking weird in the Falcon. Not that I'll be posing him in there forever or anything, but that sort of compatibility is nice to have.
    Well, Hasbro did say a new Falcon-co-pilot Nien Nunb is likely in the next few years, that'd go along with it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe we could springboard off the blurrg question (I forget what site asked it) about the possibility, should it get made, that it might be re-released with a Marauder figure. After all, we do have Teek, and he's a little lonely.
    In the immortal words of Geoff Peterson: "No."

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

1) That would not be a "Clone Wars" vehicle.
    If it appears in The Clone Wars, then yes it would be.

2) That would not be a sub-$100 vehicle, look at how expensive the CW Y-wing and latest Republic Gunship were and compare that size to the AT-TE.
    And they seem to have realized that those prices were ridiculous given how we haven't seen anything like that this year in terms of disproportional cost (aside maybe from the Slave I set, but I think the added stuff helped offset the price a lot). The AT-AT is only $100. I don't think the Sail Barge would need electronics or many (or any) moving parts like the AT-AT or AT-TE; it could basically be a shell with a lot of empty space and some random play features. If they keep it around the size of the Turbo Tank but remove a lot of the features then I think it could work in the $75+ range.

3) I think you're reaching, Hasbro's told us many times that it would have to DO more on the show than just float.
    Maybe in the Q&A, but again, in-person they seemed like it wasn't completely out of the question.

I don't know how much to read into what they were saying, either in-person or here. It's very likely not the Sail Barge coming next year, but all I'm saying is that it's not 100% out of the question, either.

They made the Clone Swamp Speeder, and it's just 2 recliners with an air conditioner in between. The Attack Shuttle has guns and fold-up wings and a nose that holds numerous heroes and has been seen dozens of times, that's a recipe for success.
    Yeah, but a $25 has vastly different risks and realities than a $75-$150 vehicle, so I'm not sure it's fair to compare the two. Maybe I'm just not seeing how the Attack Shuttle would be different toy-wise from the Imperial Shuttle, which to me looks very cool but is not very exciting at all.

If it appears in The Clone Wars, then yes it would be.
    Not really, only if it's significant or notably different in The Clone Wars do they consider it a CW vehicle.

And they seem to have realized that those prices were ridiculous given how we haven't seen anything like that this year in terms of disproportional cost (aside maybe from the Slave I set, but I think the added stuff helped offset the price a lot). The AT-AT is only $100. I don't think the Sail Barge would need electronics or many (or any) moving parts like the AT-AT or AT-TE; it could basically be a shell with a lot of empty space and some random play features. If they keep it around the size of the Turbo Tank but remove a lot of the features then I think it could work in the $75+ range.
    So, basically it'd be a hollow vehicle that does nothing and isn't exciting or recognizable and doesn't have big enticing features to entice casual consumers - yeah, that's likely to get made.

You have some cart-before-horse thinking there.

Also, I'd point out that a Sail Barge the size of the AT-TE would be pretty small inside, a third of the interior would be taken up by Jabba alone. Then again, it'd fit well with the cramped skiff, I guess.

Maybe in the Q&A, but again, in-person they seemed like it wasn't completely out of the question.

I don't know how much to read into what they were saying, either in-person or here. It's very likely not the Sail Barge coming next year, but all I'm saying is that it's not 100% out of the question, either.
    I have talked to them in person about the sail barge 4 years in a row at these conventions, even off the record, and it's right on topic. Their Q&A answer was the warmest I've read, and it's still pretty unlikely. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think getting one's hopes up about this is a good idea, it's going out on a limb and if it doesn't come true then it's a big disappointment.

Yeah, but a $25 has vastly different risks and realities than a $75-$150 vehicle, so I'm not sure it's fair to compare the two. Maybe I'm just not seeing how the Attack Shuttle would be different toy-wise from the Imperial Shuttle, which to me looks very cool but is not very exciting at all.
    The Imp Shuttle sucks at holding figures, that's its biggest flaw right off the bat: It's a crap play experience. But look at the Republic Gunship, all it does is hold figures and it's awesome.