Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Wave 5 - A New Hope/Revenge of the Sith

Hasbro has seemingly sent out pictures to the fan sites; SSG doesn't have them up yet, but I'm sure they will be shortly.

At any rate, the lineup is this:
    *Utapau Clone Trooper
    *Death Star Luke Skywalker
    *Yavin Ceremony Han Solo
    *Commander Gree
    *R5-D4
    *Stormtrooper

All of them use some degree of old parts, it seems. Utapau Clone looks like the current TVC clone in orange colors. Luke appears based on the awesome Resurgence of the Jedi version with a cloth skirt and stormtrooper belt (for the first time on a basic card). R5-D4 is based on the build-a-droid mold; hopefully they got the red panels correct on his back. The stormtrooper looks like the TVC/Dewback sandtrooper without the pauldron, but the head looks different. Han is the VOTC body and Legacy Death Star escape version (meaning the shirt is inaccurate, unfortunately). I think Gree is a repack from 2008.

So there it is, kids, your first mixed wave since 2004. Nothing too stellar, though I'm excited for Luke.

EDIT: I'd like to ask about ceremony Han whenever we get the Q&A thread up and going . . . hopefully I can remember. In similar news, we asked a question about Death Star escape Luke that is basically now wasted aside from a brief blurb about Leia.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Saw the pics from another website......WHY ON EARTH DID THEY USE THAT HEAD SCULPT FOR HAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[FONT=Verdana]That lineup is rather disappointing.[/FONT]
    I am the modern man.

[QUOTE=Mr. JabbaJohnL;738416]
    At any rate, the lineup is this:
    *Utapau Clone Trooper
    *Death Star Luke Skywalker
    *Yavin Ceremony Han Solo
    *Commander Gree
    *R5-D4
    *Stormtrooper
    QUOTE]

Q2: While we anxiously await the arrival of the Vintage Collection's Return of the Jedi and Attack of the Clones waves, we are hoping get a glimpse/tease of the wave after AOTC. Anything you can share - like images or wave list? If not, how about a look at the cards for the AOTC wave?

A2: Sorry - no cards yet but please see attached for Vintage numbering and the wave list out through Wave 1 of '11 as well as images of these figures (coming soon).

VC20.) YODA
    VC21.) GAMORREAN GUARD
    VC22.) ADMIRAL ACKBAR
    VC23.) JEDI LUKE
    VC24.) WOOOF
    VC25.) R2-D2
    VC26.) REBEL COMMANDO
    VC27.) WICKET
    VC28.) WEDGE ANTILLES

Wave 6:
    VC29.) KIT FISTO
    VC30.) ZAM WIESSEL
    VC31.) OBI-WAN KENOBI
    VC32.) PEASANT ANAKIN
    VC33.) PEASANT PADME
    VC34.) JANGO FETT
    VC35.) MACE WINDU
    VC36.) BLUE SENATE GUARD
    VC37.) SUPER BATTLE DROID

Wave 1 2011:
    VC38.) CLONE TROOPER (Episode II)
    VC39.) LUKE SKYWALKER
    VC40.) R5-D4
    VC41.) STORMTROOPER
    VC42.) HAN SOLO
    VC43.) COMANDER GREE

I cannot believe they are not going to reissue the VOTC ANH Solo (or at least the head sculpt) and instead we get the Walter Mattheaued-faced figure instead...blech....

This line will all be peg warming....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Some initial thoughts on this wave: snore. I mean, I'm excited about the Luke (though it totally burns one of our questions) but Gree is old news and I've got plenty of the Utapau clone. I'm on the fence regarding the other three; I'm glad they did a Yavin Han but they were lazy and didn't sculpt a new torso and so the figure is inaccurate and really is just a regular Han with a medal, R5–D4 is another character I've already got covered but if they painted him correctly and used the new BaD sculpt I might get another one, and the stormtrooper does look like the same one we just got as a sandtrooper so the back of this figure will determine whether I have any interest at all (I don't like my stormtroopers to have the holes in their backs for the sandtrooper backpacks).
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'll likely pass on all of these. The only exception might be the Luke and maybe pick up a stormtrooper to replace some that have yellowed.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I too may go with the Luke and trooper...Did anyone review the ANH Jedi Luke (4 pack with Obi, 3PO and R2)? Is this a repack of that figure? Was it worth all the fuss? I passed on the few I saw, the paint job on Luke looked too "goofy."
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

while this is a mixed wave of figures that is not the greatest of assortments I'm going to hold judgement till I see first hand... so far I'm all for Luke and Han.

I'm wondering if this is perhaps a look at the greatest hits Vintage figures and Hasbro is holding off on showing us the goodies in this wave until Toy Fair hits.

besides we are still left wondering about the ROTS Yoda and the ANH Wedge... perhaps Hasbro will give us some juicy photos for Toy Fair as to the rest of this wave.... I'm not ready toaccept that this is all there will be for the entire wave.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    I too may go with the Luke and trooper...Did anyone review the ANH Jedi Luke (4 pack with Obi, 3PO and R2)? Is this a repack of that figure? Was it worth all the fuss? I passed on the few I saw, the paint job on Luke looked too "goofy."
    The Resurgence Luke is probably the best version so far, but is far from perfect. It uses the VOTC legs, which are too short in proportion to the rest of the figure, the "skirt" prevents him from sitting properly, and worst of all (for me), the excellent headsculpt is ruined by being painted instead of cast in flesh coloured plastic.

This looks like being pretty much the same figure, but has soft goods to allow him to sit, and a stormtrooper belt. I'm really hoping the head won't be painted this time, and hopefully can be swapped with the other figure.

Apart from this figure I think I can pass on the whole wave.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.