Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Evil Dead Book of the Dead DVD

I just got my Book of the Dead edition in the mail today from deepdiscountdvd.com. Upon opening it from the shrinkwrap I was engulfed by the worst smell. Smells like vinyl and paint, and the smell does not go away. Oh no, it lingers. I opened the book and spent about an hour deciphering the Book of the Dead (if you own one you'll understand.) After that I decided to watch the movie. This movie's quality is superb...it is great compared to past versions of the film. A few things I did not like about it was the plastic slip case for the DVD...it was tricky sliding it back in while trying not to get fingerprints on it. And the book did not have the feel I expected it to have, but other than that this set is worth the $30 I spent for it. I can only hope it sets the bar for what great movies should attain to be on DVD someday.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Re: Evil Dead Book of the Dead DVD

Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I just got my Book of the Dead edition in the mail today from deepdiscountdvd.com. Upon opening it from the shrinkwrap I was engulfed by the worst smell. Smells like vinyl and paint, and the smell does not go away. Oh no, it lingers.
    They are talking about this over in the DVD forums at Home Theater Forum. Leave it in a well ventilated area, like by a cracked open window for about a day and the smell will fade.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I may just keep the smell to it. Kind of reminds me of the Halloween store in the mall with the vinyl masks and costumes. Then again, that's just me.

People got this early? Someone is breaking the street date. Shame on them.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    People got this early? Someone is breaking the street date. Shame on them.
    Most on-line retailers ship when an item comes into stock, in the case of this disc, most retailers have had it for a long time now. They ship it early so that it arrives on the street date, but 9 times out of 10 people recieve them early. My local Media Play has had their shipment in the storeroom almost 2 weeks now.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I know that. I used to work at a video store and we'd get our product in way before street date and it would have to sit on the shelves until the street date in order to put it out. That was always one of the cool things about working there. We got to see stuff way ahead of everyone. Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm getting my Evil Dead in 3 days.

Yeah its out early some places. I saw one at a used music and movie store by my house. It looked pretty cool. I havn't had a chance to actually look at it yet.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The Gungan's right. Ordering from online stores or mail order catalogs always does this. It happened to me with Ep. 1 on VHS from Critics Choice Video, and I was hoping it would happen with Evil Dead. Thank the maker it did. Now if it will only happen with the upcoming UHF and Simpsons season II in early June...

UHF is being released. When is the date for that? I'll definately pick that up. Man I never thought that would get made seeing as Orion went out of business.

Originally posted by SithDroid
    UHF is being released. When is the date for that? I'll definately pick that up. Man I never thought that would get made seeing as Orion went out of business.
    Yep, UHF is finally coming to DVD on June 4th. It's packed with features as well. Check it out over at: http://www.weirdal.com/latenews.htm . That's Weird Al's official site, and it tells all about the extra features you can expect. By the way, the reason we are getting it was because MGM bought up most of Orion's films, and they really champion cult hit movies on DVD. Here is a list of the film's extra features:
    • Movie digitally remastered in both 16:9 (widescreen) and 4:3 (full screen)!
    • Running commentary by Al Yankovic and Jay Levey (plus surprise special guests)!
    • Deleted Scenes (hosted by Al)!
    • Photo gallery (with over 200 pictures)!
    • Behind The Scenes documentary!
    • Teaser trailer and full theatrical trailer!
    • The "UHF" music video!
    • Interactive menus!
    • Audio and subtitles in English, French & Spanish!

Sounds good. I actually saw this at the movies when it was released, so I definatly will have to pick it up. Good movie, for just a completly stupid comedy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-03-2002 at 06:27 PM.