Hybrid View

Anybody displaying their big vehicles open?

The BMF, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, Slave I, and AT-AT all have extra features that are revealed by opening them up and stocking them full of figures. I've filled my AT-AT and AT-TE to capacity, though I've yet to do the same with my BMF. Yet in all 3 of my large vehicles, once filled, I then close them up and display them hiding dozens of figures within, like they're the secret cream filling in the awesome cake that are these large vehicles. That got me wondering if anybody here displays their large vehicles open showing off all the extra stuff going on, or if you all are like me and fill 'em, then close 'em.

So, does anybody display their large vehicles open?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Many, many moons ago I used to. Back when all of the POTF2 stuff was out I displayed all of the vehicles (X-wing, TIE Fighters, Slave I, etc.) hanging from the ceiling while I had the AT-AT and AT-ST on the floor.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I keep mine closed, as I like to keep my displays close to movie-accurate. I don't have any clones in the AT-TE or Turbo Tank, and the only figures I have in the Falcon are the Han and Chewie that came with it, sitting in the cockpit. I don't yet have the new AT-AT but the older ones have their respective figures in the cockpits as well.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I display them closed, for the most part. I like to have them manned pretty well, but I prefer the look with all the hatches closed. A few exceptions, though. I have the hoth turret, with the upper hatch opened and a "rebel commander" on there. I have the main hatch on my OTC sandcrawler opened up, so I can see the droids and "junk" on the inside. Other than that. everything is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I display them closed, for the most part. I like to have them manned pretty well, but I prefer the look with all the hatches closed. A few exceptions, though. I have the hoth turret, with the upper hatch opened and a "rebel commander" on there. I have the main hatch on my OTC sandcrawler opened up, so I can see the droids and "junk" on the inside. Other than that. everything is closed.
    open and closed.....I have the BMF with the panels off to display all the goods

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The BMF, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, Slave I, and AT-AT all have extra features that are revealed by opening them up and stocking them full of figures. I've filled my AT-AT and AT-TE to capacity, though I've yet to do the same with my BMF. Yet in all 3 of my large vehicles, once filled, I then close them up and display them hiding dozens of figures within, like they're the secret cream filling in the awesome cake that are these large vehicles. That got me wondering if anybody here displays their large vehicles open showing off all the extra stuff going on, or if you all are like me and fill 'em, then close 'em.

So, does anybody display their large vehicles open?
    Fill em then close em!
    www.yakface.com
    www.jediinsider.com
    www.jeditemplearchives.com
    www.brianstoys.com
    www.ultrasabers.com

Empty and closed for me. I might put figures in the cockpits, but usually I prefer to display any pilots/drivers/etc outside the toy.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I usually keep them closed with no figures inside them. If it's something like the Falcon where you can see inside the cockpit, I'll at least put figures in the cockpit. If it's something like the AT-TE where there are exterior places to put figures, I'll put them there to maintain the illusion that it is fully crewed.

Right now, the only large vehicle I have displayed is the Jawa Sandcrawler. I display the side with the magnetic suction tube toward the viewer, and I have an astromech positioned to appear to be exiting the tube. Several Jawas and a ronto are included in the scene along with several droids including a Terminator, a B.A.T., and a Deep Dive Iron Man armor. At some point in the future, I plan to have droids from The Black Hole, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I do have several Grand Army vehicles (Turbo Tank, AT-TEs, Saber Tanks, AT-APs on a large sheet of plywood that will eventually become a table top, but I have yet to complete the table or display).
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Depends on the vehicle. My BMF is crewed up and buttoned, but as for my BAT-AT, well, pics speak louder than words...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0476.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	23831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0478.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	23832  

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    Depends on the vehicle. My BMF is crewed up and buttoned, but as for my BAT-AT, well, pics speak louder than words...
    Awesome!

Also, the AT-ST looks good with it in your shots, I've been thinking about doing something similar but didn't have the room to leave it that way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.