Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walmart TIE Bomber hitting stores now

found 6 at a Wally world this morning.....

Since they are the same price are these taking the slot on the shelves where Jabba has been? The Walmart that I frequent has 5 Jabbas and there doesn't seem to be any space for anything else in the plan-o-gram.

Also, how is it? Worth a purchase?

Reading the last Q&A sessions they talked about keeping a shelf space for a whole year and if I recall, that was the excuse for re-releasing the ARC-170 repaint before the CW Y-wing, to hold the space.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    Since they are the same price are these taking the slot on the shelves where Jabba has been? The Walmart that I frequent has 5 Jabbas and there doesn't seem to be any space for anything else in the plan-o-gram.

Also, how is it? Worth a purchase?

Reading the last Q&A sessions they talked about keeping a shelf space for a whole year and if I recall, that was the excuse for re-releasing the ARC-170 repaint before the CW Y-wing, to hold the space.
    It is a large box...$38.96....They had 6 of them displayed right next to 4 jabba's...I'm at work all day so I haven't opened it yet....I hope the paint app is better on this model

I think I'm gonna pass on this one, even though it has the revamped cockpit. I already have 3 from previous releases and I don't feel like I need another............................unless it has a really cool gimmick.

straight re-pack pretty much.....added missle with 6 bombs now that deploy with a twisting mechanism from the back of the chamber....the top button now fires the missile....new upgraded ejecting cockpit....side by side it looks identical...oh well, still cool....the bombs are clear with a blue inner component....

No luck at my Walmart. How's the color compare with the other releases? Is closer to the blue of the 2002 Walmart release or the grey 2007 Target release?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    No luck at my Walmart. How's the color compare with the other releases? Is closer to the blue of the 2002 Walmart release or the grey 2007 Target release?
    more blue...I wish it was grey though

Well, my Walmart never had any shelf space dedicated to Jabba (the lone the Jabba set that I found in the clearance section is the only one I've ever seen at this Walmart), so I don't know where they would put the TIE Bombers unless they get an endcap like last year's AT-STs.

Anyways, I don't own a TIE Bomber anymore, so as long as this release is "clean" with no weathering painted onto it, then I think it will be worth a purchase.

EDIT: Actually I just realized that they never fixed the undersized wings from the POTJ release. It's still just using the wings from Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. That's puts a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for this, plus I am seeing some weathering paint on the loose photos that people have posted - which further hurts my interest in this toy. I might wait for this one to hit the post-Christmas clearance before buying it. If I miss out, then I'll just wait until Hasbro rereleases it with the correct wings.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

There's definitely some weathering on this NEW one.....It's a lot more blue than grey in color.....

Why didn't this $40 ship include a FREAKIN PILOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!