Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Finally found the TIE bomber. Instead of being anywhere near the toy aisle, it was hiding in lawn and garden. Outside in the area normally dedicated to plants as well. Haven't done more than open the box so far, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about the color of the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Finally found the TIE bomber. Instead of being anywhere near the toy aisle, it was hiding in lawn and garden. Outside in the area normally dedicated to plants as well. Haven't done more than open the box so far, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about the color of the ship.
    I saw several of these show up on a pallet a couple of weeks ago, but they were never put in the toy aisle and I could never find them in the warehouse. I never thought to look in lawn and garden of all places... how silly of me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It never occured to me to look there either. If I hadn't been waiting for a bicycle this morning I would have completely missed it.

spotted one of these over the weekend and passed. while the ejection seat is a nice touch I'm good with the one I have. the Bomber doesn't play a huge role in the movies except for the brief minute or so in ESB.

I would rather see Hasbro perhaps tackle some of the EU TIE's like the TIE Hunter, TIE Advanced, TIE-D Robotic and TIE Defender... that would be awesome
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    spotted one of these over the weekend and passed. while the ejection seat is a nice touch I'm good with the one I have. the Bomber doesn't play a huge role in the movies except for the brief minute or so in ESB.

I would rather see Hasbro perhaps tackle some of the EU TIE's like the TIE Hunter, TIE Advanced, TIE-D Robotic and TIE Defender... that would be awesome
    Isn't the TIE Advanced also known as Darth Vader's TIE Fighter? How would that be an EU TIE? Anyways, I would like to see that one completely rebuilt from the ground up and a TIE Defender would be cool (although very, very unlikely). I highly doubt any of the other EU TIE designs would ever see the light of day in the 3.75" scale.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Isn't the TIE Advanced also known as Darth Vader's TIE Fighter? How would that be an EU TIE? Anyways, I would like to see that one completely rebuilt from the ground up and a TIE Defender would be cool (although very, very unlikely). I highly doubt any of the other EU TIE designs would ever see the light of day in the 3.75" scale.
    There's a different TIE advanced in the TIE fighter game that came out in the mid '90's. It looks completely different then Vaders TIE advanced X1. I would pay just about any amount of money for a correctly scaled TIE Defender. It's been my favorite TIE model since I started playing that game years ago. I still think the success of the republic tank, which is completely EU and is now enjoying a second release in a very ugly blue paint scheme, shows that some EU vehicles (especially aggressive ones) will be bought by kids and collectors alike.

Back to the topic, got the TIE bomber sunday in the toy section, opened it today at lunch and like it. For $38 it should have come with a pilot and ground crewman though.
    Last edited by mtriv73; 11-30-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: trouble spelling "the"

I stopped by a Wal-Mart earlier that had a gaping hole in the wall near the garden center. I asked the police who'd cordoned off the area if anyone was hurt, and it the store would be reopening soon, since I still need the entire ROTJ wave. Luckily, no one was hurt too badly. I asked what had happened, and he said a TIE Bomber hit the store. Ouch.

RRRRRRRRRRIMSHOT!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I stopped by a Wal-Mart earlier that had a gaping hole in the wall near the garden center. I asked the police who'd cordoned off the area if anyone was hurt, and it the store would be reopening soon, since I still need the entire ROTJ wave. Luckily, no one was hurt too badly. I asked what had happened, and he said a TIE Bomber hit the store. Ouch.

RRRRRRRRRRIMSHOT!!!
    Ironically, they were aiming for the autocenter but their aim was too damn high.

When you change your sigline half my posts over the last month are going to make even less sense than they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    There's a different TIE advanced in the TIE fighter game that came out in the mid '90's. It looks completely different then Vaders TIE advanced X1. I would pay just about any amount of money for a correctly scaled TIE Defender. It's been my favorite TIE model since I started playing that game years ago. I still think the success of the republic tank, which is completely EU and is now enjoying a second release in a very ugly blue paint scheme, shows that some EU vehicles (especially aggressive ones) will be bought by kids and collectors alike.
    The problem with the TIE Defender though is that it would not fit in the $25 vehicle range. It would require a ton of new tooling and be too large for the assortment which means it needs to be a store exclusive so now we're talking like $40-$50 easy and that's way above most kids' pay-grade. Sure the Clone Tank is fun but it's also a lot cheaper than the TIE/D would be.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

What we need is a new Vader's TIE with the new cockpit, new sculpt, etc.