Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Have we even gotten a new round of answers in 2011 yet? It's starting to feel like Hasbro has given up on the Q&A entirely.

We haven't heard back from them, which is very unusual. Not about Transformers either. I suspect they may have thrown in the towel on Q&A.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

From what I've heard, Derryl is giving some of his job responsibilities to the new guy, Jeff. Then there was Toy Fair, which put them off the schedule. Hopefully everything will get back on track soon, but those two things make me wonder.

I propose the following question:

"Are you still answering the Q&A questions?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    We haven't heard back from them, which is very unusual. Not about Transformers either. I suspect they may have thrown in the towel on Q&A.
    It's not as evident here as it is on other sites, but the level of nitpickiness and collector vitriol towards Hasbro has been reaching record heights since the Vintage line started last year and especially since the price increases this year. The overall quality of Star Wars figures is better than it has ever been at any point since 1978, but fans seem even more unhappy and unsatisfied than ever.

Add to that the level of disrespect and unprofessionalism that many sites were beginning to display in the Q&A (again, not this site) and it wouldn't really surprise me if Hasbro has given up on direct interaction with the fans.

Man, it's been awhile! I had a really nice rant going but I dislike re-writing all over again. In short, I know for my part I can't justify $9 for every new Jedi Luke Hasbro pushes out let alone troop building at that price. And from where I sit it's mostly clones and troopers taking up the pegs. maybe at the SL/CW prices I could swing it but that extra $2 a figure isn't gonna fly. Also we know why Hasbro has to bend over for retail but it's frustrating when 2 whole waves get passed over by retail like AOTC and ANH/ROTS in the first quarter because of all the resets. And online retailers don't help when they are asking $18 for a single figure or $90 for a set of 6. I love my Star Wars but that is just too much for a basic figure no matter how cool they are now days.

That being said, I vot for...

2- Ahsoka Fx
    15- Thin Fx necks
    4- Luke, Qui-Gon, and Maul sabers. I'd hoped this would have been brought to Hasbro's attention by now as we are getting another luke and I'm sure iether repacks or new versions of Qui-Gon and Maul are bound to show up with TPM in 3-D. Time is of the essence!

Speaking of wich, I wonder if now is the right time for them to do an update of the Naboo fighter?

EDIT: Just read my post and realized it doesn't make a lot of sense. Basically my frustrations with collecting are at the retail level. We've complained about it for years and JT has done interviews that help us understand that Hasbro's hands are tied cause they gotta bow to Target and Walmart for shelf space and pushing out a line at years end knowing that it's gonna hurt first quarter sales with consumers missing out on whole waves. Then people like BBTS and Brianstoys try and capitalize on that misfortune wich I think is only gonna hurt everyone in the long run. It smacks of politics where the goal is to suck everyone dry and worry about the consequences later.
    Last edited by RENDAR LIVES; 04-04-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: explaining my ramblings
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

I wish I could ask questions like that, but it appears that Q&A has quietly been discontinued. I guess I shall un-sticky this thread. Too bad, Q&A was really keeping me going the past few years.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A simple "We're not doing the Q&A anymore" would have worked wonders.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Fret not, my pretties! Yakface just posted this note:

Good news everyone! Those who were fearing that the Hasbro/Star Wars QnA program was D.O.A., I received confirmation from Hunter PR that they are putting the final tweaks on the program and a new schedule will be released ASAP.
    "I never doubted you for a second! Wonderful!"

I still assume it has to do with the reorganization at the company (like I know Vickie has moved to Marvel, and Jeff is taking over some of Derryl's jobs, so I don't know how widespread this goes - and unfortunately my trip there has been, much like the Q&A, postponed indefinitely while my friend deals with some things). I wouldn't be surprised if we got to ask fewer questions, or they did it less frequently, due to the massive number of sites participating. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't know if it's a possibility, since the sites are technically business competitors, but I wonder if it might be possible to organize some sort of contact between as many sites as are willing to compare questions going into the Q&A so we don't always get the same question repeated thirty times...?
    Tommy, close your eyes.