Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    So...is anybody going to ask about the giant you know what?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'd rather ask them to re-release the EU Cloud Car in black, with wheels, at 1/3 the size, so it's film accurate.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

At least a mama MD, with a little ramp in the back for all her baby MD's to ride and hide from walking carpets in case they get a-scared.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Unhappy

What a crock!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Hate to get back on the proposal bandwagon, but is there any way we could rephrase this to get it past the rules? (I'm trying to make it as general as possible, when it's really about the Green Pig himself.)

"Although we know the blame rests mainly on the retailers, many of the earlier Vintage figures have sold less than spectacularly, and still take up a lot of space in stores. The recent across-the-board price increases made these figures even less likely to sell. However, many of these figures were re-releases of figures who were released, cheaper, very recently--some were even simultaneously available in the Legends line or in exclusives at a lower per-figure price--things that Hasbro can control. In the future, how do you plan to balance the 'cool' factor of putting figures on vintage-styled cards with the 'I bought that a year ago for $2 less' that seems to be hurting the sales of figures that simply don't need updating? And do you plan to re-release some of the figures who have been much tougher to find, partly as a result of fewer of the later figures making it to retail shelves (especially the Gamorrean Guard, who still has never been seen by quite a few collectors)?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Fret not, my pretties! Yakface just posted this note:

"I never doubted you for a second! Wonderful!"

I still assume it has to do with the reorganization at the company (like I know Vickie has moved to Marvel, and Jeff is taking over some of Derryl's jobs, so I don't know how widespread this goes - and unfortunately my trip there has been, much like the Q&A, postponed indefinitely while my friend deals with some things). I wouldn't be surprised if we got to ask fewer questions, or they did it less frequently, due to the massive number of sites participating. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I saw that report from Yak and have asked Steve to get our own confirmation from Hunter before moving forward. No other SW site I know has publicly mentioned this news, and Yak was the site that did the Q&A april fools gag, so I want to make sure our ducks are in a row before getting folks excited about doing this again.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't know if it's a possibility, since the sites are technically business competitors, but I wonder if it might be possible to organize some sort of contact between as many sites as are willing to compare questions going into the Q&A so we don't always get the same question repeated thirty times...?
    Chux, it's been suggested before, but ultimately it's a lot of logistics and personalities that don't come together. Keep in mind though, I publish all of our question votes, I publish the winning votes 12 hours or more ahead of time, so I do as much as I can to make sure anybody who wants to know what we're asking knows.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And? And? And?!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yakface had this post:
    From Hasbro:

Finally, we’ve fixed the hyperdrive, and we’re ready to jump into lightspeed! And by lightspeed, I mean, Hasbro’s 2011 Star Wars Q&A! The first round of submissions are due this Friday, April 29nd at 10:00AM EST.
    Do we have something similar?

Yes, and I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do, it turns out we have a whopping 5 questions outstanding at this point. One of them is TOTALLY useless though, asking about a new Luke Death Star Escape. I'll let you know more in a minute when I have it all figured out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's only been 15 minutes? Feels like an hour easy. Anyway, the 5 questions weren't vital enough to warrant it, so I'm starting a "part 2" to this round, erasing all votes in this thread and starting over. Keep in mind though, several questions have been cut because we're now down to just 1 site for this, ActionFigs has been cut from the roster, they're slimming the types of sites and amount. So, here's the new voting thread, only 4 months late:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...-pt-2?p=748600