Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    We've recently got the alternative Rebel Soldier in the Defense of Hoth BP, and somebody asked in the last round when the "running change" Scanning Crew Tech might be coming out... might it be a good time to ask about the second version of the Utai, or is it too specific? It's really frustrating to have a much wanted (for me) figure dangled in front of our noses, only to have it shelved indefinitely. It would be easy enough to slot into a BP, along with Obi-Wan, Cody, a Utapau Clone, and maybe the other Utai - it would be perfect for kids, with a hero, clones and an alien or two, plus collectors would pick it up for the exclusive figure.

Perhaps we could also throw in about Ratts Tyerell (or use it as a separate question) - another figure that was shown at a toy fare, and never seen since. I've a feeling this might've been asked a while back, and they said he might be coming out on a vintage card (though I'm not sure about this) - if that's the case, maybe we could ask what he would come with, since I believe he was originally replaced by Clegg Holdfast, because he didn't offer good vfm on his own.

One more potential question... Three of the most anticipated figures from TVC are Bom Vimdin, and the updated Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba. Could you tell us yet which wave these will be included with, and when that's scheduled to be released? Might you also have any proto-type photos you could share with us, to keep us Cantina fans satiated until we can finally buy these long-awaited figures? (I know this may be a bit of a wasted question, seeing as these have already been confirmed for next year, but other sites get exclusive photos, and it's always exciting to see these.)
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba
    Perhaps we could also throw in about Ratts Tyerell (or use it as a separate question) - another figure that was shown at a toy fare, and never seen since. I've a feeling this might've been asked a while back, and they said he might be coming out on a vintage card (though I'm not sure about this) - if that's the case, maybe we could ask what he would come with, since I believe he was originally replaced by Clegg Holdfast, because he didn't offer good vfm on his own.
    I'm relatively sure that they did indeed say he's coming on a Vintage card. I bet he'll come with a pit droid, or something similar. They also said that most of the TPM figures are being held back until 2012 to coincide with the 3-D release.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The tie pilots question reminded me of another I wanted to add and vote for:

Considering all the recent tie fighter updates we've gotten of late, isn't it about time we got the iconic Tie Advanced X1 in screen accurate gray, and possibly with a new hatch and cockpit? The last three releases of this vehicle still had a bluish cast, in spite of the package art on the last two that showed a gray version. Seeing how this is the signature ship of the main Character of the entire saga, it seems like a definitive version is long over due.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm relatively sure that they did indeed say he's coming on a Vintage card. I bet he'll come with a pit droid, or something similar. They also said that most of the TPM figures are being held back until 2012 to coincide with the 3-D release.
    Mmm, yeah, I'm sure you're right - I forgot about the 3-D release. The reason I wanted to ask about the pack-in, is that I remember some speculation that he might come with his family.... obviously that wouldn't work for a vintage card, so I guess a pit droid would make more sense.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about those. I'm still kind of wondering why they don't seem to want to release TIE Pilots individually carded anymore.

The Scanning Crew Trooper's uniform is identical to the TIE Pilots, just without the gloves, chest armor and helmet (obviously it's also grey instead of black). Otherwise all the TIE Pilot elements are there, even the little wrist commlink. With a bit of retooling, it would make a pretty decent TIE Fighter Pilot and not have the feminine wide hips and tiny feet of the current figure.
    The Scanning Trooper's left arm has the coding cylinders that the TIE pilot doesn't, as well. It's pretty specific, but you do make a good point that there are no pilots with the latest TIE outings which is fairly unusual (not for the small-wing, but the TIE Bomber it is). I keep going back and forth in my head on this, the main point is that there's no really available TIE Pilot right now, but there's about to be in the TRU exclusive 4packs, and that sorta undermines the whole thing. I want to add something, but it's not right yet. I dunno... Got any other angles on this one?

Nice work, sir.
    Thanks. Han wears a similar shirt on Endor, but it has no collar, so can't make the "2 birds, 1 stone" argument.

As to the Dressellian question, can it be modified to ask about the other random one from the briefing room? He's not too visually distinct from Orrimaarko or Panno, but I'd rather have him before (or in addition to) an Orrimaarko update.
    The question really hinges on them both being existing POTF2-era figures (the mon cal being a POTJ stretches it to "-era"), and the other Dressellian is visually identical to Panno except with a different color of hooded cloak from what I can tell. If you can figure out a way, LMK, but for now I'm keeping it as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    We've recently got the alternative Rebel Soldier in the Defense of Hoth BP, and somebody asked in the last round when the "running change" Scanning Crew Tech might be coming out... might it be a good time to ask about the second version of the Utai, or is it too specific? It's really frustrating to have a much wanted (for me) figure dangled in front of our noses, only to have it shelved indefinitely. It would be easy enough to slot into a BP, along with Obi-Wan, Cody, a Utapau Clone, and maybe the other Utai - it would be perfect for kids, with a hero, clones and an alien or two, plus collectors would pick it up for the exclusive figure.
    I don't know about "dangled in front of our noses", it was in the case at SDCC only BEFORE anybody saw it, and it was only a sneaked pic that showed it. The first Utai sold horribly as well, which doomed the second's chances as a basic. The last time they were asked about the Utai was in April of this year, they said they were working on a home for it, so right now I'm not feeling it.

Asked only a month ago, they said most likely 2011 - though that was before the announcement of Ep 1 3D in 2012.

One more potential question... Three of the most anticipated figures from TVC are Bom Vimdin, and the updated Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba. Could you tell us yet which wave these will be included with, and when that's scheduled to be released? Might you also have any proto-type photos you could share with us, to keep us Cantina fans satiated until we can finally buy these long-awaited figures? (I know this may be a bit of a wasted question, seeing as these have already been confirmed for next year, but other sites get exclusive photos, and it's always exciting to see these.)
    Already confirmed for spring 2011 for the former and fall 2011 for the latter 2, and we saw proto photos of Evazan at Celebration V in August. I'm not adverse to asking such things, but we have a lot on these 3 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jberlin View Post
    The tie pilots question reminded me of another I wanted to add and vote for:

Considering all the recent tie fighter updates we've gotten of late, isn't it about time we got the iconic Tie Advanced X1 in screen accurate gray, and possibly with a new hatch and cockpit? The last three releases of this vehicle still had a bluish cast, in spite of the package art on the last two that showed a gray version. Seeing how this is the signature ship of the main Character of the entire saga, it seems like a definitive version is long over due.
    They were asked that back in June and said LFL was adamant it was "gray" which they approved on the current blue-gray scheme. That said, the mold is pretty mediocre compared to the newer TIE pod design and has a lame gimmick that holds it back, and the gray it was given doesn't really work and no longer matches wings to body anyway. I'll craft a new question about all of that and add it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The Scanning Trooper's left arm has the coding cylinders that the TIE pilot doesn't, as well. It's pretty specific, but you do make a good point that there are no pilots with the latest TIE outings which is fairly unusual (not for the small-wing, but the TIE Bomber it is). I keep going back and forth in my head on this, the main point is that there's no really available TIE Pilot right now, but there's about to be in the TRU exclusive 4packs, and that sorta undermines the whole thing. I want to add something, but it's not right yet. I dunno... Got any other angles on this one?
    Aside from wanting an upgrade, I'm not sure this question needs to be asked. The reason they haven't sold an individually carded TIE Pilot since 2004 is that they've been putting them with the TIE Fighters themselves; if not, then they're in other sets, like the Imperial Pilots Evolution set or the aforementioned upcoming TRU sets. I don't know what anybody needs TIE Pilot figures for other than to sit in the ships or maybe walk around the Death Star.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The question really hinges on them both being existing POTF2-era figures (the mon cal being a POTJ stretches it to "-era"), and the other Dressellian is visually identical to Panno except with a different color of hooded cloak from what I can tell. If you can figure out a way, LMK, but for now I'm keeping it as-is.
    I understand what you mean, but I just figured that this was as good a time as any to ask about the third Dressellian. Howsabout:

- A couple of POTF2-era favorites now have the opportunity to get updated to modern quality without a significant investment, that of Orrimaarko and the Mon Calamari officer. Orrimaarko really would be easy based off the recent Major Panno figure with an eyepatch and slight changes to the deco, and the third and final briefing room Dressellian would be an even easier recolor. The Mon Calamari officer would mainly just a new helmet, deco, and rank badge change to the new Admiral Ackbar figure - there's even room for multiple deco changes since the Mon Cals had different skin patterns in the film. These updates would go a long way towards filling out the Death Star 2 briefing and the Home One bridge during the battle while minimizing tooling costs. Would any of these ideas be in our foreseeable future?

It's not hugely important, but I figured we might as well squeeze that in there.

I don't know what anybody needs TIE Pilot figures for other than to sit in the ships or maybe walk around the Death Star.
    Well, these are toys, nobody really NEEDS any of this stuff; but if there is a demand, then necessity is irrelevant.

But then you're assuming that only people who have been collecting these figures for years AND have access to the "big three" retailers (Walmart, TRU, Target) will be buying the new TIE Bomber and TIE Fighter. What about a kid who gets the TIE Bomber for Christmas, but there isn't a TRU anywhere within 50 miles of his house, so he won't get a chance to get a Pilot for his Bomber toy? Of course, he'll make due like all of us did from 1978-1982, but that shouldn't be necessary when Hasbro has a nearly perfect TIE Pilot figure already ready to go.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, these are toys, nobody really NEEDS any of this stuff; but if there is a demand, then necessity is irrelevant.

But then you're assuming that only people who have been collecting these figures for years AND have access to the "big three" retailers (Walmart, TRU, Target) will be buying the new TIE Bomber and TIE Fighter. What about a kid who gets the TIE Bomber for Christmas, but there isn't a TRU anywhere within 50 miles of his house, so he won't get a chance to get a Pilot for his Bomber toy? Of course, he'll make due like all of us did from 1978-1982, but that shouldn't be necessary when Hasbro has a nearly perfect TIE Pilot figure already ready to go.
    True, I suppose. I think your point ties into what they've been asked about before, involving trying to sync up the releases of the vehicles and the figures who pilot them. The Clone Wars astro droids for Jedi starfighters are the most glaring current example, in my book. I think sometimes this works better than others, but it could always get better. So if that part is included in any sort of question, we'd have to insure against them just saying "we're working on it."

I have a question about the upcoming Clone Wars waves. Maybe this has already been addressed, but if it has I missed it compeltely so I will ask it here.
    The Hasbro Slideshow from Celebration V showed Clone Commander Jet from the "Landing at Point Rain" episode as being in the same wave as Cato Parasitti as seen here.. However, he is not listed in being in that wave (wave 6), it's revision (6.1) or wave 7 on Entertainment Earth. Do we know what happened to him?

I'm not sure the 2009 Utai sold poorly. I thought the 2005 Polis Masan was the pegwarmer that could have discouraged Hasbro from making 'the fat one' of his species. I always thought the ROTS assortment was supposed to go on, possibly including that one.

My new question is:

Will Hasbro repaint the Clone Wars Aurra Sing to make her in her dark bodysuit that she wears as an assassin on Alderaan?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.