Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    my question is

are we going to get a vintage style slave 1 ship (boba fetts ship) ever?
    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?"

#8 for me; I've been praying for a new x1 since the new TIE with the updated ball and cockpit first surfaced.

Also, I have three more to suggest:

1. Is there any truth at all to the rumors we will see an all-new OT Y-wing? Confirm? Deny? If confirmed, what can we expect in terms of features and when could we expect it to be released?

2. Last year I saw prototype pics of a new A-wing (which could have been just a test of the old Droids mold; there was no real context for these photos aside from test shots of newly-released or soon-to-be-released vehicles such as the Swamp Skimmer, so I assume it's for a near-future release of some kind). Will we see a new A-wing and if so, will it be a new mold or another slight retool of the existing one? The A-wing would seemingly fit nicely into the existing $24.99-price-point vehicle line, so I'd think this would be a shoe-in for the ROTJ anniversary. What's the word?

3. I love Cad Bane. That said, I HATE the Clone Wars figures of him, mainly because i can't stand the cartoony style of the CW figures. Is there any chance at all we might get some "realistic" versions of some of the more popular CW figures (especially Bane), perhaps on Vintage cards (since we're seeing ROTS and AOTC "Vintage" figures, none of which are really "Vintage")?

My last vote goes to #8. I've wanted a new toy of Vader's TIE Fighter ever since 1997. It's nice to see that other people are finally starting to recognize how crappy the POTF2 toy is.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Not sure if this has been covered already but:
    Will hasbro ever put out more accurate role play toys for the Han Solo blaster and Stormtrooper blaster? (I know the all black color isn't possible, but apart from that)

hey JT cast my vote for #1... that's the only question I'm interested in for the moment
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Questions 9 and 10 added.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I understand what you mean, but I just figured that this was as good a time as any to ask about the third Dressellian. Howsabout:

- A couple of POTF2-era favorites now have the opportunity to get updated to modern quality without a significant investment, that of Orrimaarko and the Mon Calamari officer. Orrimaarko really would be easy based off the recent Major Panno figure with an eyepatch and slight changes to the deco, and the third and final briefing room Dressellian would be an even easier recolor. The Mon Calamari officer would mainly just a new helmet, deco, and rank badge change to the new Admiral Ackbar figure - there's even room for multiple deco changes since the Mon Cals had different skin patterns in the film. These updates would go a long way towards filling out the Death Star 2 briefing and the Home One bridge during the battle while minimizing tooling costs. Would any of these ideas be in our foreseeable future?

It's not hugely important, but I figured we might as well squeeze that in there.
    I'm not in love with it, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, these are toys, nobody really NEEDS any of this stuff; but if there is a demand, then necessity is irrelevant.

But then you're assuming that only people who have been collecting these figures for years AND have access to the "big three" retailers (Walmart, TRU, Target) will be buying the new TIE Bomber and TIE Fighter. What about a kid who gets the TIE Bomber for Christmas, but there isn't a TRU anywhere within 50 miles of his house, so he won't get a chance to get a Pilot for his Bomber toy? Of course, he'll make due like all of us did from 1978-1982, but that shouldn't be necessary when Hasbro has a nearly perfect TIE Pilot figure already ready to go.
    I rewrote it, it feels like a big confusing mess though now.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I have a question about the upcoming Clone Wars waves. Maybe this has already been addressed, but if it has I missed it compeltely so I will ask it here.
    The Hasbro Slideshow from Celebration V showed Clone Commander Jet from the "Landing at Point Rain" episode as being in the same wave as Cato Parasitti as seen here.. However, he is not listed in being in that wave (wave 6), it's revision (6.1) or wave 7 on Entertainment Earth. Do we know what happened to him?
    Hasbro just gave an answer that they had production problems with him and he's been postponed until spring, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm not sure the 2009 Utai sold poorly. I thought the 2005 Polis Masan was the pegwarmer that could have discouraged Hasbro from making 'the fat one' of his species. I always thought the ROTS assortment was supposed to go on, possibly including that one.

My new question is:

Will Hasbro repaint the Clone Wars Aurra Sing to make her in her dark bodysuit that she wears as an assassin on Alderaan?
    They're still both pretty specific, I'm not inclined to ask either.

Quote Originally Posted by rickantel View Post
    my question is

are we going to get a vintage style slave 1 ship (boba fetts ship) ever?
    This has been answered, right now they're considering it based on the sales of the CW set out now, but if so, it won't be in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    #8 for me; I've been praying for a new x1 since the new TIE with the updated ball and cockpit first surfaced.

Also, I have three more to suggest:

1. Is there any truth at all to the rumors we will see an all-new OT Y-wing? Confirm? Deny? If confirmed, what can we expect in terms of features and when could we expect it to be released?

2. Last year I saw prototype pics of a new A-wing (which could have been just a test of the old Droids mold; there was no real context for these photos aside from test shots of newly-released or soon-to-be-released vehicles such as the Swamp Skimmer, so I assume it's for a near-future release of some kind). Will we see a new A-wing and if so, will it be a new mold or another slight retool of the existing one? The A-wing would seemingly fit nicely into the existing $24.99-price-point vehicle line, so I'd think this would be a shoe-in for the ROTJ anniversary. What's the word?

3. I love Cad Bane. That said, I HATE the Clone Wars figures of him, mainly because i can't stand the cartoony style of the CW figures. Is there any chance at all we might get some "realistic" versions of some of the more popular CW figures (especially Bane), perhaps on Vintage cards (since we're seeing ROTS and AOTC "Vintage" figures, none of which are really "Vintage")?
    #1, the last answer about the updates on the Y-wing (it wasn't all new, just partly new) was in April, said they didn't get retailer support so they were working on it for 2011 or 2012. I am hesitant to use a question on this right now with Toy Fair February looming. If a Y-wing doesn't show up by then though, please remind me of your question and I'll gladly add it.

#2, I have those pictures in my computer, the one that was shown at the same time as test shots for the Droid Gunship, Swamp Speeder, Cloud Car, and Snowspeeder, is merely a test shot of the existing A-wing tooling, not a new mold. It still has the dummy battery door, the lever canopy and landing gear, and the most recent version's new cockpit.

#3, it's been asked a lot and still gets a "no plans at this time", the last on Sept 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Duel View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered already but:
    Will hasbro ever put out more accurate role play toys for the Han Solo blaster and Stormtrooper blaster? (I know the all black color isn't possible, but apart from that)
    I'll rework and add this. But I'm not sure what exactly needs updating on the Han blaster, I don't have it, so what's wrong with it? I didn't mention the scopes being crappy, could that be an issue?

Make sure to vote for it if you want to, I don't automatically count votes for added questions anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Let's go with 3, 4, 6, and 7.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I rewrote it, it feels like a big confusing mess though now.
    Sounds fine to me. Go ahead and pull my vote for #7 and replace it with a vote for #10. Thanks!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

As for #6, Han's Hideout asked a somewhat similar question:

2) Ooh look - Han! We were happy to hear that our favorite made the cut for 2011 Wave 1. Then, we were a bit sad when we saw what we were getting... it's just the recent Death Star Escape Han with a different belt and a medal. Why no leg strap for the holster? Why no upgrade to the torso to give us a screen-accurate buttoned-up shirt? We appreciate the effort to give us a 'new' Han, but we have to admit that we're a little disappointed with the end result.

** Sorry that the end-result did not measure up to what you had hoped to see for this figure. We cannot get to all of the tooling we want to every year, and we felt we could do a great version of Medal Ceremony Han with the tooling we had available.
    So I don't know if there's much juice left in our question. It would probably end up with a "we'll get an update out there, but not for a few years" so I don't know if it's worth it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hate the disrespectful and "spoiled brat" tone of this question, but Hasbro's answer is great and prompts me to ask another question:

Rebelscum: The latest lineup announced for TVC WAVE 5 is TIRED to say the least! You say this is a "Collector's" line... but where is the "Collector's" love?? Surely you realize "Collectors" own these already (Times 10!) The product seems out of sync with the target.

Everyone I know believes that the Vintage line would fare much better if we finally started seeing NEW CHARACTERS on Vintage Cards!!! Wasn't that the whole point? We need more Cantina Aliens! And more faces that fans should have saw back in 78 / 79 - the slimmest lineup of Vintage backs ever!

Please tell me more unproduced faces from ANH are on the way! Or at least faces new to these card back stylings??? Enough with the re-repacks! We demand FRESH faces on Vintage Cards. C'mon!!! You guys are burning up all the good will fans have towards repacks. We must see NEW CHARACTERS on the CLASSIC black and silver card back!!! And SOON or else this line is DOOMED.

Hasbro: We understand your passion for seeing new figures, but we also have to say that, almost four months into the re-release, that the best decisions we have made are including the highly recognizable repack figures as the anchors of the line. The response has been phenomenal to say the least.

We have to be careful, as always, with how many of the more obscure and non-iconic characters that we do because they, and not the repacks, are the ones that risk "dooming" the line if not properly waved in with the more recognizable characters.

Long-time fans know that Bom Vindin, Weequay Skiff Master, Fi-Ek Skirch, and Bariss Offee (all of whom will be out in several months) owe their existence to the more popular characters that we leverage to keep line productivity at a high level.

If we just focused on new and obscure characters, this line would be dead in a hurry, and we love it too much for that to happen. Patience will be rewarded.
    Translation: "It's your stupid figure choices that are going to doom the line, idiot!" but they just phrased it more tactfully.

Anyways, the question this raises:

We understand the need to anchor the Vintage line with core characters in order to preserve the longevity of the toy line; but how about at least changing up the cardbacks to give the longtime collectors something to get excited about? For instance, we know we don't have to twist your arm very hard to get you to rerelease a Darth Vader figure; but would you consider repacking the current TVC figure on a Star Wars card or, even better, on a ROTJ card with a Sebastian Shaw 'Vader Unmasked' reference photo (the figure could be displayed with his helmet off in the bubble for maximum coolness)? This would serve the dual purpose of keeping the core characters in circulation for the casual collectors, as well as giving the hard core collectors something to look forward to.