Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    That definitely was a VERY di**head way to ask that question.

As I've stated many, MANY times before I personally believe that they should only do the "vintage" figures that were actually released on vintage cards. Otherwise they're just bastardizing and, in my opinion, insulting the original line-up.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

How come we haven't gotten our answers back from hasbro this time around? I was looking forward to the answer about Cane Adiss!

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    How come we haven't gotten our answers back from hasbro this time around? I was looking forward to the answer about Cane Adiss!

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    I was wondering the same thing. Rebelscum even did the Q&A round-up already and still no answers posted here.

BigBarada, I too think that some new cardbacks for the re-releases are cool, but as I understand it, they are re-offering the traditional cardbacks from the 80's, so that's why there's not a Sebastian Shaw Vader card.

It is a great idea for the future, most likely. But since I do not buy stuff to keep carded, I don't really think I should be the one saying so.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    BigBarada, I too think that some new cardbacks for the re-releases are cool, but as I understand it, they are re-offering the traditional cardbacks from the 80's, so that's why there's not a Sebastian Shaw Vader card.
    Well, they never had a Darth Vader figure with a removable helmet in the vintage days, so of course they wouldn't have released a Sebastian Shaw Vader card. However, we do have a removable helmet Vader today. So, since they are going to undoubtedly continue to rerelease that figure, then why not package it in such a way as to make it feel somewhat new to longtime collectors? This way it keeps the figure in circulation for casual collectors and kids (which is going to happen anyway) AND puts something out there for carded collectors to get excited about. I would buy one just to have a removable helmet Vader on an ROTJ card, which would fulfill a major childhood want for me.

If nothing else, they could at least repackage Vader on one of the other 3 vintage cards that he was originally sold on (not counting POTF or Tri-Logo). Instead of giving us yet another Vader on an ESB card (which we already got in 2004).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    We understand the need to anchor the Vintage line with core characters in order to preserve the longevity of the toy line; but how about at least changing up the cardbacks to give the longtime collectors something to get excited about? For instance, we know we don't have to twist your arm very hard to get you to rerelease a Darth Vader figure; but would you consider repacking the current TVC figure on a Star Wars card or, even better, on a ROTJ card with a Sebastian Shaw 'Vader Unmasked' reference photo (the figure could be displayed with his helmet off in the bubble for maximum coolness)? This would serve the dual purpose of keeping the core characters in circulation for the casual collectors, as well as giving the hard core collectors something to look forward to.
    Hey BigB, would you be game for a slight rewording? I know the gist of your question is really aimed at the cardback more than the figure but I would really like to see the TVC Vader slightly retooled so that the right hand can hold his lightsaber. Heck, they could even just take the hand from TAC-16 and kitbash it but I am so sick of Vader not being able to hold a saber in his right hand!
    Last edited by DarkJedi5; 11-27-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect switched "cardback" to "cardiac".
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Hey BigB, would you be game for a slight rewording? I know the gist of your question is really aimed at the cardiac more than the figure but I would really like to see the TVC Vader slightly retooled so that the right hand can hold his lightsaber. Heck, they could even just take the hand from TAC-16 and kitbash it but I am so sick of Vader not being able to hold a saber in his right hand!
    Well, that's kind of a separate question and I would hate to tack on a side query only to have Hasbro address that and completely ignore the gist of the question which is adding some variety to the TVC Vader cardbacks.

NEW QUESTION:

Will Hasbro work on a retailer to carry a Clone Wars Exclusive set with the NON-action* figures, (like the Senators)? Maybe with Entertainment Earth, who carried the Death Star Briefing scene.

Padme Amidala
    Satine of Mandalore
    Ocanda Farr of Rodia
    Bail Organa of Alderaan
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

*Actually, all these characters+ used weapons in action scenes (Farr on Rodia when he captured Nute Gunray)

+OK, Palpatine didn't use a weapon as "the Chancellor," but he IS the Chancellor anyway - and could come with a hidden lightsaber, just for the fun of it.

Don't name the figures I just did, JT, if the question is too specific.

Or leave it like it is, and accidentally send it to the Transformers Team.

I bet they WOULD answer this question:

"Since these are not Transformers characters, we have no plans to make them into action figures at this time." They might even use the characters' names. OR, they might think they refer to Star Wars Transformers, in which case, they DO make Palpatine (Emperor turns into his ROTJ shuttle) and Padme could turn into one of her Naboo ships, while Bail Organa would become the Blockade Runner. Meanwhile, Satine could become a Mandalorian vehicle, but for that, Pre Vizla is a better choice.

Darn it. I meant the last part of my post to be a joke. In my personal opinion, it turned out some cool SW Transformers suggestions. That was unintentional. I don't even collect SW Transformers personally.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Question 11 added.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    As for #6, Han's Hideout asked a somewhat similar question:

So I don't know if there's much juice left in our question. It would probably end up with a "we'll get an update out there, but not for a few years" so I don't know if it's worth it.
    Frustrating answer. I'm going to leave the question up for this round, see if people really want to ask if we'll see a better one, but if it doesn't get the votes I'll pull it at the next round.

I hate the disrespectful and "spoiled brat" tone of this question, but Hasbro's answer is great and prompts me to ask another question:

Translation: "It's your stupid figure choices that are going to doom the line, idiot!" but they just phrased it more tactfully.

Anyways, the question this raises:

We understand the need to anchor the Vintage line with core characters in order to preserve the longevity of the toy line; but how about at least changing up the cardbacks to give the longtime collectors something to get excited about? For instance, we know we don't have to twist your arm very hard to get you to rerelease a Darth Vader figure; but would you consider repacking the current TVC figure on a Star Wars card or, even better, on a ROTJ card with a Sebastian Shaw 'Vader Unmasked' reference photo (the figure could be displayed with his helmet off in the bubble for maximum coolness)? This would serve the dual purpose of keeping the core characters in circulation for the casual collectors, as well as giving the hard core collectors something to look forward to.
    Yeah, the tone in that question was very jarring IMO.

Interesting idea, I'll add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    As I've stated many, MANY times before I personally believe that they should only do the "vintage" figures that were actually released on vintage cards. Otherwise they're just bastardizing and, in my opinion, insulting the original line-up.
    Their thinking is that they're continuing it, that this is "what would have been" had Kenner kept going. As long as the card backs look the way they do, I don't think there's any confusing the modern vintage-style figures with true vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    We don't yet know where the answers are, the PR department that mails them was on vacation when we tried to get back to them as to the status of our missing Q&As. We'll know tomorrow what's going on, I hope, but I get the feeling that we've been skunked yet again.
    EDIT: Just got word, Hasbro says they never got our emailed submissions, so we have missed this round as well as the missing Transformers Q&As. That also puts this current thread into a tailspin, not sure what to do yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Hey BigB, would you be game for a slight rewording? I know the gist of your question is really aimed at the cardback more than the figure but I would really like to see the TVC Vader slightly retooled so that the right hand can hold his lightsaber. Heck, they could even just take the hand from TAC-16 and kitbash it but I am so sick of Vader not being able to hold a saber in his right hand!
    Well, that's kind of a separate question and I would hate to tack on a side query only to have Hasbro address that and completely ignore the gist of the question which is adding some variety to the TVC Vader cardbacks.
    Yeah, BB's right, that's something entirely else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    NEW QUESTION:

Will Hasbro work on a retailer to carry a Clone Wars Exclusive set with the NON-action* figures, (like the Senators)? Maybe with Entertainment Earth, who carried the Death Star Briefing scene.

Padme Amidala
    Satine of Mandalore
    Ocanda Farr of Rodia
    Bail Organa of Alderaan
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

*Actually, all these characters+ used weapons in action scenes (Farr on Rodia when he captured Nute Gunray)

+OK, Palpatine didn't use a weapon as "the Chancellor," but he IS the Chancellor anyway - and could come with a hidden lightsaber, just for the fun of it.

Don't name the figures I just did, JT, if the question is too specific.
    It's not about specifics in this case, it's the fact that it's like asking for a new pack-in that's a bar of gold. Your idea is "we know these figures are too unpopular to be able to make their money back at main retail market, so could you just make them anyway and then sell them through an even smaller retail venue, thus guaranteeing them less sales and thus less chance of making their money back?" You're asking for an entire wave's worth of new tooling budget shoved into figures that aren't going to sell, so your idea is to make them a multipack which further lowers the chance of sales AND raises the price, and then make it an exclusive which further lowers the chance of sales and raises the price AGAIN. Hasbro is saying there's not enough market for these, collector-only sales aren't going to return their investment, your idea only gets sucked into that void.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, BB's right, that's something entirely else.
    Please allow me to explain my thinking; because BigB mentions the TVC Vader specifically, I am concerned that they will think that we have decided it is a flawless figure and that they have attained some sort of "Vader perfection." Let me know if that sounds crazy, I just feel like it's a figure that could still use some work and if we ask about it specifically then they may think we really like it. If BigB had never cited that specific figure I never would have asked to piggyback my question. That's all.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.