Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You Can Fight In The Civil War This Weekend!

Directed to Los Angeles residents specifically:

There will be a New huge Civil War battle re-enactment with thousands of infantry, heavy artillery and cavalry this coming weekend, November 13th and 14th, at Moor Park, near Los Angeles, California! Post if you'd like to observe, taking part in the Living History education program, or if your brave and want to take up arms and actually join in the battles. You will be able to borrow a uniform and a rifle and be trained for this event.

You'll also be able to buy clothing, weapons, and equipment on-site if you care to.

Videos of past battles I've been in are posted here:

One of my platoon's squads' sergeants is also a Stormtrooper-member of the 501st.

We will also be able to hook up Los Angelinos with their local, respective 6th Federal Regiment (US - California) companies who train in or close to LA.

I'm with G-Company (San Diego) - however, for your first time, you'll train and learn formations and firing-for-effect with us as you get started (if you prefer to be trained in "The 501st" style).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I took my kid to one of these in Mariposa Ca. a few years back. It was really cool and look forward to seeing another.

Here's the official ad for the L.A. (actually Simi Valley / Moor Park / Oxnard area) event:

Official Picture and Event Info - Cool!

It's put on for the benefit of kids' education programs by the Moorpark Rotary Club, too!

Gunfighting, cavarly charges, artillery blasting - lots of fun!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Gunfighting, cavarly charges, artillery blasting - lots of fun!
    Sounds like a typical day at work for me....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Sounds like a typical day at work for me....
    So are you volunteering? I read from your post that you'd probably make a good officer!

The best part: after we're done, the "dead bodies" get up and take care of themselves.

I will be the Confederate General from Big Sur. I will only show up if everyone else reads the book and gets addicted to Richard Brautigan, as every right-thinking person should be.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The best part: after we're done, the "dead bodies" get up and take care of themselves.
    That would be beyond awesome!

I want to be Oliver Cromwell.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I want to be Oliver Cromwell.

*Whooooooosh!!*

That's the sound of BCJ's post going over everyone's head....except mine.

Well done, sir!

Franciso Franco might ask to play...if he were alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

*Whooooooosh!!*

That's the sound of BCJ's post going over everyone's head....except mine.

Well done, sir!

Franciso Franco might ask to play...if he were alive.
    I honestly thought about posting FF as my 2nd choice, just in case someone else wanted Cromwell Jackson.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega