That Original POTF Coin Set Being Offered for $30,000!

It was posted on another site that there's an eBay auction for an exclusive Kenner sample set of all the POTF coins and they're asking $30,000!

It's supposedly a rare set of maybe only 10 samples produced.

Still I wonder what a regular set of the coins would go for?

I have all of the exclusively POTJ figures' ones, but probably not the re-issue figures' coins that I had first gotten on SW, ESB, or ROTJ cardbacks, because I didn't need duplicates of those original vintage figures at the time they were re-offered (on POTF cards).

Since my hobby is making dioramas with the figures, I could part with the coins if I got a good offer.

I'm not sure when, but maybe I'll throw these up on eBay.

I'm not advertising. My coins are not yet for sale. But this auction / item is of pretty unique interest.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

How much are you selling your coins for?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I know you're kidding.

I'm not selling mine at present. I actually have to find them.

I put them in a special, protective box that's in one of my desk drawers I believe.

I'll have to photograph them and then I'll make an auction for eBay when I'm ready.

I don't consider this "helping a fellow collector out," because these are old, vintage rarrities to some degree and not a standard collectable. It would be "scalping" in my book if this were something I ran into Wal-Mart and picked up, then offered on The 'Bay. It would also kind of break the forum rules if I ran the auction and put a link up here to make money. This is Steve's site.

The most I might do is post here WHEN I finally do put them up. In the meanwhile, I'm sure that others who have this set will be offering them. All you have to do is search for them on eBay.

They'll never get $30,000, surely.

In the meantime, I'm curious what coin sets (no cardbacks, not even loose figures) will fetch.

However, they can be very valuable to people trying to complete the loose vintage sets.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho I hate to burst your bubble, but if all you have are the coins that came with the POTF figures you've only got the most common and easiest to find coins (ie cheapest). I'm guessing you have 13, maybe 15 coins? A full set is 62.

35 of those 62 could be gotten on the POTF card backs. The other 27 could only be had via mail-away Kenner did in 1985 and 12 of those are really rare. One POP got you one random free coin. Completes were available by writing Kenner and asking for a complete set. It cost about $30. So complete sets are around.

The Kenner framed version is really rare, only about 10. I've seen fan made version, but they look different. It might go for $30,000, its a pretty rare item. It was more or less an internally item not meant for the general public, so who knows.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

LuciferSam! You're still alive! It's great to see you on the boards again.

Maybe you've been here all along, but we haven't crossed paths in a while. I remember talking with you more in the days when we were participating in the figures-to-be-made polls.

Yeah, you're likely right about the coins - what I've got and what price they might fetch, too.

It's ridiculous that even a rare Kenner internal exclusive would fetch $30K, but hey, others assign different value to some items than I would.

Anyway, nice to see you on the boards, LS.

Oh no, I hope I've not ended up on the long gone members thread.

I've been around, but not real active recently. Mostly been posting to the Lego and Vintage (real Vintage, not the fake) sections. I've been ungodly busy. I promise an explanation of that shortly, maybe as early as next week.

I looked at the eBay listing after posting last night. I had forgotten this was a double set of coins. The seller is not a well known seller of rare Kenner items. All that really means is who ever buys this needs to do their research and really make sure this is legit.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

The only one I know I have isthegold Boba Fett onethat came with the Droids version.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-