Thread: TVC Slave 1?

TVC Slave 1?

are we going to get a vintage style slave 1 ship (boba fetts ship) ever?
    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?"

I posted somewhere else in the threads I thought Hasbro missed a golden opportunity with the ESB anniversary. Now all I see are Slave 1's with Jango's color scheme sitting at TRU...they can't even sell them out at 79.99. We didn't need another Jedi starfighter thrown into the set...but Hasbro is hot for the CW cartoon right now.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Hasbro has said in multiple Q&A's that there are no current plans to release an ESB Slave-1, but as much as they must have spent on the tooling, and as long as the current one does well enough it's practically a forgone conclusion. I'm not surprised they're stacking up at TRU's right now. Holiday shopping hasn't really started in earnest and even $80 is a more than most parents will spend on a casual gift. If they don't start slowly disappearing after Thanksgiving it may be time to worry about getting the ESB version. Either way, I wouldn't expect it before 2012.

I'm going to ask Popasdei to get a forklift and stash 14 of them behind the bikes display at TRU....

Hasbro will probably learn their lesson from this release and just package it by ITSELF in vintage form

Hasbro should have just painted this in ESB colours but still marketed it as clone wars if they absolutely had to. Kids wouldn't have cared enough to not want it just because it didn't have the clone wars colour scheme and collectors would have bought the existing set.

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    I'm going to ask Popasdei to get a forklift and stash 14 of them behind the bikes display at TRU....

Hasbro will probably learn their lesson from this release and just package it by ITSELF in vintage form

I hid every single TVC figure at my walmart today. No joke. PUT OUT THE TVC WAVE 3 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.yakface.com
    www.jediinsider.com
    www.jeditemplearchives.com
    www.brianstoys.com
    www.ultrasabers.com

I'm personally hoping that, if we ever see an ESB version, they do more than just repaint it. The entire cockpit should really be redone with a single seat, maybe adding a shelf or rack for any Hansicle they might include with it.