Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    no sighting in Jersey by me yet. looking forward to seeing the new Anakin, Padme, Zam and Jango along with Wave 5 Luke and Han.

hoping they get released soon.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

...nothing in my part of MD, although someone over at rebelscum.com found a case at a VA Wally. Back to back storms, snow & freezing rain probably not helping, either.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I saw the remnants today: Padme, Kit, Super Battle Droid, and, IIRC, Jango.

I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.)

Padme became the first casualty of the increased prices. I thought briefly about getting her, but it didn't take more than a couple of seconds to come to the conclusion that she absolutely does not look like she's worth nine bucks. (Partly this was the incredibly bad paint on the one I saw, but mostly it was that she looks more like a 2005 figure than a 2011 figure. Even the adorable cardback couldn't make me drop that kind of money on that figure.)

Pity. I had really been looking forward to Padme. Perhaps if I see her at the same time as Anakin, I might be swayed to buy them both.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-14-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.)
    I talked to them about this at CV. Kit was pushed back from the ROTS wave, but they ended up putting him on an AOTC card. There was some discussion about this but they obviously ended up doing what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I was saddened to see that Kit is the crappy-looking ROTS version on an AOTC card. I don't even want to consider ROTS Kit. He's ugly. Period. (I still can't fathom why they replaced the excellent AOTC mask with an inferior one that doesn't even look like the same character! And this is more obvious when the card image is basically a different character from the actual figure; it's like showing an ROTS Anakin photo with a TPM Anakin figure.).
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one repulsed by the crappy revision of Kit Fisto in ROTS. I liked the mask used in AOTC, it was warm and had expression. The ROTS mask looks completely different. It has no expression, is cold...I just don't like it. Worse, it has become the default basis for all Hasbro figures! I want my AOTC Kit Fisto with his sassy little grin!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Out of all the unique Kit Fisto head sculpts, only two have been from ROTS, and the other three (including 2009's Geonosis Target version) were based on AOTC. Again, this is only based on his ROTS appearance because it was originally going to be with the ROTS wave.

Finally found the wave last night. They had one of each, except for Mace (strangely). Picked up Anakin, Padme, Zam, Fisto, and Obi-Wan, although I'm gonna return Kenobi seeing as I already have the original version of this repaint. The odd thing is that all these figures were still there, yet there had clearly been a case of Wave 5 with them, as evidenced by the Greivous that was still on the pegs. I'm actually surprised someone bought Han, Luke, R5, and the Utapau Clone, yet left the brand new figures still on the pegs (although it might explain why Mace was gone).
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I found remnants of this wave at Walmart this morning. They had the Super Battle Droid and Obi-wan on the shelf, but not the ones I was hoping to find.

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    Finally found the wave last night. They had one of each, except for Mace (strangely). Picked up Anakin, Padme, Zam, Fisto, and Obi-Wan, although I'm gonna return Kenobi seeing as I already have the original version of this repaint. The odd thing is that all these figures were still there, yet there had clearly been a case of Wave 5 with them, as evidenced by the Greivous that was still on the pegs. I'm actually surprised someone bought Han, Luke, R5, and the Utapau Clone, yet left the brand new figures still on the pegs (although it might explain why Mace was gone).
    Grievous is shipping with wave 4 as well, so wonder no more.

Saw this wave (finally) at WM tonight. I picked up Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan.
    The paint jobs on all three looked pretty good.
    Had to get Obi-Wan...yes, he's pretty close to what was released a couple years ago, but having this great figure on a Vintage card that says "Attack of the Clones" is pretty cool, I think.
    I like both the Anakin and Padme figures. Fabric works well on both (really like the neat way the poncho is stitched on Anakin).

The rest of the wave looked pretty good, but these figures are awfully expensive now...

I may pick up a Mace (new head sculpt looks real good) and a Zam Wessell (also really well done). The SBD looks good carded...can't tell if it's the same flimsy, easily warped plastic the others were made of or not, but at least the coloring...that gun-metal sliver/gray...finally looks right. I wish Jango wasn't wearing the poncho on the card...he would display better with that cool card with it in the tray behind the figure, I think.

Yeah...it's unfortunate that Hasbro keeps using that same stoic ROTS sculpt for Kit Fisto...would've liked a greener, grinning one on this card...

And I think the Senate Guard is kinda an odd choice for the "Vintage" wave for AOTC...why not a new, decked out Count Dooku instead?

All n'all, a decent looking wave of figures.