Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

4th Annual 2010 SSG Holiday Movie/TV Challenge!

Welcome to the Fourth Annual (2010) SirStevesGuide
    Holiday Movie (and TV Show/Cartoon) Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!!!

This challenge will begin November 22nd @ 12:00am and will end January 1st @ 11:59 pm.

Here is a link to the (2007) challenge.
    Here is a link to the (2008) challenge.
    Here is a link to last year's (2009) challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length holiday movie or TV show or cartoon between the designated time frame (Nov. 22nd- January 1st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie title or the TV show and episode name, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie/tv show watched, the year it was released, who starred in it, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the movie, TV show or cartoon should predominantly take place during one of, or a combination of, the allowed holidays; including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example:

December 1st:
    1. A Christmas Story [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]
    2. Frosty The Snowman [- (year) - comments, etc]

December 2nd:
    3. The X-Files -
    Episode: Christmas Carol - Season 5, Episode 6.

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on November 22nd (@ 12:00am), in a few days, and will run through January 1st. Any movie/tv show started before 12:00 am on the 1st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Don't forget, this challenge also includes TV Shows and Cartoons.

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Ended up watching 45 movies/shows last year, will definitely try and do better this year. I'm shooting for 60+!

Its only a few days away... get ready!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Same rules as DVDTalk UK?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I believe so, although I'm not sure if/how their rules have changed over the past couple of years... but yeah, I think they are pretty much the same. I know the dates are the same this year.

Why the 22nd?
    Why not Black Friday (or even Thanksgiving Day)?

Anything before Thanksgiving should be ruled out, as celebrating anything Christmas before Thanksgiving should be considered a felony (punishable by a min 5 years in prison/mental institution).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I agree with the Rocket.....I think we should start beginning Turkey Day!

The challenge starts a few days early so you can watch the Thanksgiving specials that air on TV before hand (like The Office tonight is a Thanksgiving one). I'll leave it on the DVR and watch it early next week, before Thanksgiving, to gear up for Thanksgiving. I'm not a real big fan of watching Thanksgiving specials after Thanksgiving, just isn't the same to me. I'm sure that's why DVDTalk starts a few days early too...

But I'll agree (to an extent), between the 22nd-25th, only Thanksgiving stuff should count, not Christmas stuff.

Is that cool with everyone? Does that make sense?

November 22nd
    01. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - A Triple D Thanksgiving
    (2010) [Food HD] - First Time Viewing - Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin cake...

November 22nd

1. Ed - The Proposal
    2. Ed - Home for Christmas

Whats the ruling on if you watch Elf all three hundred and eighty three times USA airs it?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-