Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No. There's also the guy who knows how to cook what's left of Greedo into a casserole and soup. (unfortunately, I am NOT kidding - Tales From Mos Eisley Cantina)
    I thought Greedo became a drink that Wuher made.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I have to rule in BCJ's favor. It's impossible for me to forget, as it's one of the dumbest moments of the EU and I've shared many laughs over that drink.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't want any of the 2010 figures. If we got Kit Fisto in molded robes, I'd be all over it, but every Jedi anymore either gets released with no robes or soft goods. Mace Windu hasn't had a figure that I've liked in more than ten years.

I'll grab Vimdin, Baba, and Evezan from the second wave. The R5-D4 . . . even if it wasn't the inferior BAD--which I'm perfectly happy with in parts as a bonus--I don't see why we particularly need a new R5-D4.

From the third wave, I'll get Bariss. Yes, she has soft goods, and yes I deplore them, but I may see if the older figure's cloak isn't too billowy to look okay on the new figure. I'll probably get Fi-Ek Sirch, but I'm sure he'll be sporting soft goods. It's possible I'll stick with the statue that has a molded robe. Captain Fordo is the first figure I'm excited about. I'm really looking forward to adding a distinctive clone. Nom Anor could be cool. I imagine soft goods will make or break this one for me.

For the fourth wave, I'll get Logray. I've been light on Ewoks, and my friends and I have decided we could embrace the absurdity of a small army of Ewoks. Bespin Han could be a must buy for me. I've always liked his Bespin look more than the vest look, and I tend to display a Bespin Han with my Falcon. Now that I've found the two missing parts of my BMF, I'm itching to do something with it. I've gotten all of the Tatooine Sandstorm figures thus far, but if this is just Slave Leia wrapped in a (soft goods I'm sure) robe . . . well, I might get it. I doubt it. I've never replaced my nineties Slave Leia, but I don't display Slave Leia, because my Jabba's palace is usually displayed at the point Leia--in disguise--brings Chewie to Jabba. And if I did display Slave Leia, I'd prefer her reclining, so I'd try to get the recent figure that has the alternate lower half to reproduce that scene.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I looked back over this list with dissapointment. Of all the figures offerd, I am only really excited for Kithaba, Skiff Master and Nom Anor. 2011 is looking to be one of the most dissapointing years for me, alas. At least of the figures that we have seen. Hopefully the fall collection will be just as impressive as this past year.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Now I'm not quitting collecting, but you know what a short "buy list" for me means?

It's the time I'll spend money on my display cases instead. I could use the break, honestly.

I just hope that others keep the hobby alive so that I have something to come back to for more stuff I do want in order to fill those display cabinets!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Now I'm not quitting collecting, but you know what a short "buy list" for me means?

It's the time I'll spend money on my display cases instead. I could use the break, honestly.

I just hope that others keep the hobby alive so that I have something to come back to for more stuff I do want in order to fill those display cabinets!
    I too plan to use the pending 2011 releases as an opportunity to focus my $$ on display and collection preservation. I'm certain subsequent releases, however, will be worth my $$$. Although I'm a bit dissapointed in the early 2011 releases, I've no doubt I'll be collecting again soon. I'm crossing my fingers that such figures as Logray, Bespin Solo, and others will be as excellent as the ESB and ROTJ figures were.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.