Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

The 2011 Waves of Figures Revealed In Wal-Mart's Computers

I have it from a reliable source that here are the 2011 waves (to start the year with):

These are in the current database for Vintage after the recent Jedi wave:

Vintage 2010: Kit Fisto
    Vintage 2010: Zam Wessel
    Vintage 2010: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Vintage 2010: Peasant Anakin
    Vintage 2010: Peasant Padme
    Vintage 2010: Jango Fett
    Vintage 2010: Senate Security Guard
    Vintage 2010: Mace Windu
    Vintage 2010: Super Battle Droid

Vintage 2011: R5-D4
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker with Grappling Hook
    Vintage 2011: Han Solo with Medal
    Vintage 2011: Stormtrooper
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker
    Vintage 2011: Bom Vimdin
    Vintage 2011: Ponda Baba
    Vintage 2011: Dr. Cornelius Evezan
    Vintage 2011: Rebel Blockade Trooper

Vintage 2011: Vintage AT-RT Driver
    Vintage 2011: Utapau Clone Trooper
    Vintage 2011: Bariss Offee
    Vintage 2011: Commander Gree
    Vintage 2011: Aayla Sacura
    Vintage 2011: 501st Clone Trooper
    Vintage 2011: Fi-Ek Sirch (Nikto JedI)
    Vintage 2011: Captain Fordo
    Vintage 2011: Nom Anor

Vintage 2011: Barada “Kithaba”
    Vintage 2011: Weequay Skiff Master
    Vintage 2011: Princess Leia “Tatooine Sandstorm”
    Vintage 2011: Lando Calrissian General
    Vintage 2011: Logray*
    Vintage 2011: Bespin Han Solo

I bolded the figures that I'm excited about.

I don't "collect them" like some of you guys do, but figures like Nom Anor I'll surely buy multiples of to represent the character in several different dioramas (vs Mara Jade, vs Jaina Solo, vs Kir Kanos, etc)

*Logray is not on my want list. However, if I can use him (or my older Logray figure in "disguise" ) to broaden my number of Ewoks in my Endor diorama, than I'm all for getting 2-3 of him. The Jabba Guards are Army Builders as well.

The Leia Sandstorm is a Slave Leia wrapped in a cloak or blanket for protection from the sandstorm that hits the Tatooine Skiff as the Rebels leave the scene of Jabba the Hutt's distruction at the Sarlaac Pit. She'll be "vintage carded." So some of you might get a big thrill out of collecting that one.

Figures like Aayla, Zam, Mace, Lando General, etc. I just don't need. I already have some version of them. But the new vintage style cards will be interesting to look at when I pass them by in the store.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That's not bad, only 12 figures out of four waves to worry about. 2-3 of those are only maybes, even. Although, I'm really curious as to how they're going to handle General Lando since he was released on a POTF card. I recall Hasbro saying a long while ago in a Q&A that they wouldn't replicate the POTF coins, so... do you think they'll put him on a ROTJ backing?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hey, you should copy-paste the list above and highlight what figures YOU are personally interested in.

We'll get an idea about the taste of other collectors here that way.

I think Lando General was (rarely) released on a ROTJ card before the coin series was issued. But I don't remember. I was a kid and opened my figures up right away back then. The General Lando was my favorite version of his character back in the day. Actually, this outfit still probably is, though disguise figures are a lot of fun.

Smuggler Lando (Han's clothes) was awesome, as it was the final movie version that needed to be done. However, several Expanded Universe Landos could top my favorite Lando figure list (Imperial Troop Disguise, or Nkllon Mining Baron (Zahn's HTTE).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Hey, you should copy-paste the list above and highlight what figures YOU are personally interested in.
    Bah, nobody would really care, would they?

So here's the list.

Vintage 2011: R5-D4*
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker with Grappling Hook**
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker**
    Vintage 2011: Bom Vimdin**

Vintage 2011: Lando Calrissian General*
    Vintage 2011: Logray
    * - Only getting a single one to keep carded unless it's drastically different from past releases.
    ** - Undecided

The General Lando was my favorite version of his character back in the day. Actually, this outfit still probably is, though disguise figures are a lot of fun.
    Yeah, same here. Granted, "back in they day" only stretches to POTF2, but it was the one I played with the most over the Cloud City and Skiff Guard versions.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

So Evazan's canon first name is Cornelius? What happened to Roofoo? Is that his middle name?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So Evazan's canon first name is Cornelius? What happened to Roofoo? Is that his middle name?
    Wookieepedia calls it an alias now. I guess it was only used in the radio drama or something.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think Lando General was (rarely) released on a ROTJ card before the coin series was issued. But I don't remember. I was a kid and opened my figures up right away back then. The General Lando was my favorite version of his character back in the day. Actually, this outfit still probably is, though disguise figures are a lot of fun.
    You might be thinking of the Tri-Logo ROTJ cards, but General Lando premiered on the POTF cards. He was never a part of the ROTJ line. However, Hasbro will just release him on an ROTJ card for the vintage line. They said as much back in at the beginning of the year during a Q&A submitted by this very sight (I think the actual answer was posted on CollectionStation).

Anyways:

Vintage 2010: Kit Fisto
    Vintage 2010: Zam Wessel
    Vintage 2010: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Vintage 2010: Peasant Anakin
    Vintage 2010: Peasant Padme
    Vintage 2010: Jango Fett
    Vintage 2010: Senate Security Guard
    Vintage 2010: Mace Windu
    Vintage 2010: Super Battle Droid

Vintage 2011: R5-D4
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker with Grappling Hook
    Vintage 2011: Luke Skywalker -which one is this?
    Vintage 2011: Bom Vimdin

Vintage 2011: Vintage AT-RT Driver
    Vintage 2011: Utapau Clone Trooper
    Vintage 2011: Bariss Offee
    Vintage 2011: Commander Gree
    Vintage 2011: Aayla Sacura
    Vintage 2011: 501st Clone Trooper
    Vintage 2011: Fi-Ek Sirch (Nikto JedI)
    Vintage 2011: Captain Fordo
    Vintage 2011: Nom Anor

Vintage 2011: Lando Calrissian General
    Vintage 2011: Logray*
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BigB, I am quite confused about your previous post, sorry. It's very unclear about your preferred figure(s).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    BigB, I am quite confused about your previous post, sorry. It's very unclear about your preferred figure(s).
    I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Here are the definite pick ups

Zam Wessel
    Peasant Anakin
    Peasant Padme
    Bom Vimdin
    Weequay Skiff Master
    Princess Leia “Tatooine Sandstorm”

And the maybes

Luke Skywalker with Grappling Hook - it will really depend on my mood on whether the belt is enough for me
    Luke Skywalker - not sure what Luke this is
    Ponda Baba - I'm hoping to be blown away and then this will be a buy
    Dr. Cornelius Evezan - same as Ponda
    Rebel Blockade Trooper - a new head sculpt for the ranks
    Nom Anor - i've never read the books although I'm listening to audio books now and if I get to it I may change my mind
    Barada “Kithaba” - the sculpt almost has to be better
    Lando Calrissian General - I can easily see this being a major improvement
    Logray - I will have to see. I liked that wicket came with the Ewoks hood so if thier is some added value for Logray as well I would buy it.
    Bespin Han Solo - if the sculpt is there I will upgrade

The rest are passes. However I must say I thought I would pass on several of the Vintage figures so far that I did not.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22