Anybody got opinions about the Hyena Bomber?

I've been seeing the Hyena Bomber and Swamp Speeder on shelves lately, but haven't been able to pull the trigger on them.

The Swamp Speeder I know why, it's a vehicle design I don't like, and Hasbro can't do miracles, they had to stick with it and could only add firing missiles which aren't my thing. I mean, the thing looks like a flying desk with a big fan in the back.

But the Hyena Bomber looks alright, and I just haven't been able to separate myself from the $25 in exchange for it. I think it's because it looks a little small and maybe a bit plain, but largely it's just because nobody's come out and said what they do and don't like about it.

So, what do you folks think about the Hyena Bomber? Was it money well spent or a disappointment? Do you display it in walker or flying mode? Is it a good size or too small? Flimsy or a good build, hefty?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, what do you folks think about the Hyena Bomber?
    Overall I like it. I don't love it like the new snowspeeder, but it's not the waste of money that I felt the the T-16 and Outrider were.

Was it money well spent or a disappointment?
    It was what I expected, nice detail, decent paint, as well built as anything else recently made. Most of all it was something I view as a significant part of the separatist forces that was missing from my collection. If you don't feel like you're missing something by not having it, I'd just forget about it.

Do you display it in walker or flying mode?
    I display it in the closet, but it's in flying mode. The robot mode just doesn't impress me with any of these fighters. It's like the go-bot people got REALLY lazy one day.

Is it a good size or too small?
    Any time someone says it's a good size they really mean it's too small. :mallrats: In this case, however, it's scaled about like the vulture droid that just came out. The size is acceptable and maybe even a little too large imo.

Flimsy or a good build, hefty?
    Good build. The wings seem to stay in place much better than the vulture droid when in flight mode.

Thanks. That's 1 person. Are you the only one who bought it?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have an opinion:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Get it? Hyena Bomber! Oh, I kill me. I'll be here all week, folks; don't forget to tip your waiter!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I bought this one and I honestly really like it. It's much larger and beefier than I expected. It looks bigger and more solid than the new Vulture droid though I haven't set them up side by side yet. I like the features on this a lot as well; the firing missile of the Vulture droid and the dropping bomb make this one a lot like the new TIE Bomber. In fact, I've got them on display side by side in flight "mode" and they look good together. I'm not a huge fan of the walker mode because it seems to take up a lot of space and doesn't stand up super well despite the joints being pretty firm and well designed (I think it's just the fact that it stands on four little points that have a tendency to slide a little). Over all it was a good buy and if I saw it at half price I might even buy a second.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I like it as well. I compared it to the Vulture Droid today - the wings are around 2" longer, and the main body is wider, with both of their pop-up heads being the same size (though different sculpts, particularly noticeable at the shape of the back of the head). The legs have a fair range of motion, in a different way than the Vulture Droid but accurate to the show. It's not really essential but it's a fun addition to the line.

Thanks for the info (except Chux, you suck ). I wonder why nobody's really been talking about this ship before. I'll keep an eye out for it sub-$23.

I ended up getting this on the modest approval here. It's an ok ship, not the greatest color and it could really use better weathering. The paint and sculpt are a little soft but not bad, just not inspiring. The size felt small in the box, but with the Vulture Droid it doesn't feel as small. The button-based gimmicks' buttons are in the wrong places. The walking mode is still pretty wobbly, not as bad as the Vulture but fairly delicate.

All in all, it's ok but I am not sure if I could recommend it to someone else, it would have to depend on what type of collector they were.