Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    R2-D2 brings the sanity to DC!

    http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...hen-formidable

    R2-D2 helps Jon Stewart prove to Stephen Colbert that he cannot judge all robots by the actions of Terminators, Decepticons, and Cylons, toward the end of this clip. Very funny stuff. Unfortunately, this doesn't show the follow-up, with an excellent speech by Jon Stewart.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...hen-formidable

    R2-D2 helps Jon Stewart prove to Stephen Colbert that he cannot judge all robots by the actions of Terminators, Decepticons, and Cylons, toward the end of this clip. Very funny stuff. Unfortunately, this doesn't show the follow-up, with an excellent speech by Jon Stewart.
    Why did R2-D2 have a restraining bolt on? Seems a little suspicious to me. Kinda like they are trying to lure me into a false sense of security about robots.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

  3. #3
    Colbert also mentioned that R2 shouldn't use such language as he beeped around children. Bad robot after all!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

  4. #4
    I saw that. I caught almost the whole show on Cspan.
    It looked like his top was about to come off there for a few seconds. Like it wasn't sitting on it's threads properly when it was turning. Is there anyone in those R2 units like the old days of Kenny Baker, or is it RC now?

    I thought it was a nice surprise though. How can you not have an impact with R2?

  5. #5
    Let's see how you feel about robots after you watch this...

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eac_1288271075
    May the force be with you.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I saw that. I caught almost the whole show on Cspan.
    It looked like his top was about to come off there for a few seconds. Like it wasn't sitting on it's threads properly when it was turning. Is there anyone in those R2 units like the old days of Kenny Baker, or is it RC now?

    I thought it was a nice surprise though. How can you not have an impact with R2?
    Kenny was only ever in the suit when it was two-legged. The three-legged one has never had a human inside it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Let's see how you feel about robots after you watch this...

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eac_1288271075
    If I were single....


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    If I were single....

    You ain't right!
    May the force be with you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    You ain't right!
    I am completely aware of that fact.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Kenny was only ever in the suit when it was two-legged. The three-legged one has never had a human inside it.
    Makes sense. I guess he did the walking parts and the two legged hop thing when R2 was excited no?

    btw he ran over John Stewart's foot as he was exiting the stage, John said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO