Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I can almost guarantee the sequel to ROC will not make those numbers, Roboto. A lot of people went to the first to "give it a chance." Audiences are less willing to take a chance on a sequel to a movie they know sucked.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I can almost guarantee the sequel to ROC will not make those numbers, Roboto. A lot of people went to the first to "give it a chance." Audiences are less willing to take a chance on a sequel to a movie they know sucked.
    Either way, the movie will still make more than a cartoon. I saw part of the first transformers movie on tv and didn't think it was very good. Didn't hear anything good about the 2nd. It amazes me how much they made in the box office.
    I am the modern man.

"Long live the Oktober Guard!" Even though I dislike Tunnel Rat, the twins, and Mindbender, I liked this episode.

Last week's episode was inspired. Not only did they bring in an old favorite of mine, but the idea of a Joe trapped in a suit for all time (or at least an undetermined amount of time), as opposed to a Cobra, was such a novel twist, and so obvious in retrospect that I'm surprised it's not been done before (so far as I know).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Airtight's episode was stronger than most of, if not all, the rest. I hope that more of the episodes left are in the vein of this one.

I never posted my thoughts on the ending.

HOLY SNOT!!!

That about sums it up.

Renegades finally gets a DVD release listed for June. They're throwing it under the bus again, hard. Not only is there almost a full year after the final episode, but it's just half the season! And there's no blu-ray (not that I care, but it doesn't seem especially like they're wanting to sell lots of copies). Nothing like the hoopla about Prime (AKA "Casting Cullen and Welker Was the Extent of What We Were Willing to Do Right"), which got a full-season set, with extras, on both DVD and blu-ray.

God, I hate Hasbro and the way they sacrificed the best Joe series ever made for their live-action movies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    God, I hate Hasbro and the way they sacrificed the best Joe series ever made for their live-action movies.
    Best? I think you're forgetting GI Joe:Extreme, sir.

Uh, Extreme??? Are you kidding, or did you mean Resolute?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I figured it was a joke, which is why I hadn't responded.

I loved Resolute, but Renegades beat it. I like that the DVD version fixes the weird transcription "Honor returned to the site" (s/b "On our return to the site," and it made people wonder who the heck "Honor" was), but I loathe the ending with the empty grave. This may have been the first we saw of Resolute Storm Shadow, but it was a fitting end (particularly when this is definitely a "final battle," with Major Bludd, Zartan, and possibly Cobra Commander getting killed as well). It's a especially dumb epilogue since they don't plan to continue it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, Extreme was truly a joke of a series. In case you need a refresher:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_Extreme

I will always have a fondness for the original Sunbow series. Resolute was the GI Joe of my dreams. Renegades showed promise. It looks like the premise of the series is the premise of the upcoming sequel. As such, I think the show might pick up where it left off some day. Hasbro's channel will have new GI Joe shows eventually.