Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Was it mechanical, or just armored? Did any story in any medium ever answer this?
    You may be right. I always took it for granted that it was mechanical since it would not bend. I don't recall the file card or the original comics mentioning it. The cartoons certainly never did.

I thought I had posted in this thread but I guess not.

I'm still getting used to the animation style of GIJR but I'm really loving the series thus far!

Just watched Renegades. Enjoyed it immensely. So basically they're starting from the beginning when everybody gets their nicknames.

With the opening Cobra Industries commercial, the first scene there was some wheat, then as the crew is leaving the base a scene of corn, then Roadblock mentioning his mother working at a Cobra bakery. I kind of see one angle they could be going with this. It's so relevant with genetic engineering of food these days.

Anyways I like the animation. When do we start seeing the figures?

Can't wait to see the next episode, though It's delayed for me as I have to get it off the web.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I've only seen the first half of the first episode so far. . . . I'm hoping the toys are cool, but I'm not sure I'll keep up with the series at this point. I refuse not to give it more time, but everything feels off to me right now. It's not like they have a few things right and might work on the rest, it's more like they have nothing right.

I already straight up want to love the toys. We haven't heard anything mroe about them than reports that they will not be in the style of the cartoon, but I adored the 25th series, still think it was the best things to happen in toys in years, and PoC was cool but too short-lived. As long as Renegade toys are cool, I don't care if the series blows beyond belief
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Episodes 2 and 3 are up online at the Hub:

http://www.hubworld.com/gi-joe/shows/renegades/videos/

Been watching the Transformers as well. Missed Episode 2 can't seem to find it, but watched Episode 3. Zombie Transformers?

The nickname thing is bothering me. We had to go out of our way to establish why several of the characters have nicknames, but Duke, Flint, Sake-Eyes, and Lady Jay just have nicknames already. I've always just figured using code names helps preserve mission secrecy, so I've never really needed any major explanation for it. And Ripcord's nickname had a lame, lame origin.

As for the second part of the first episode, Roadblock, or any adult really needs to be told not to eat random mushrooms? Then Tunnel Rat, who had enough sense not to eat the mushrooms tastes Bio-Viper with no hesitation?

SPOILERS!

Interesting how they set up the death of the Hard Master. Sort of the comic book story in reverse, with Storm Shadow believing Snake Eyes killed him. Storm Shadow didn't seem to be lying, either, which raises the question: who did poison the Hard Master? And will Jinx figure out the truth?

I'm guessing there's a certain fellow involved who tends to turn blue in sunlight. If not him, a guy who loves nothing more than blowing stuff up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Agreed, it was someone else. An interesting twist on the story. May as well elaborate on it, it was one of the better parts of Resolute.

I got Cobra Fury from Ross for $11.99! There were 3 of Fury but no VAMP.

edit : Oops, I should have posted that in the Joe movie toys thread.

Just to stay on topic, I have a feeling Jinx will not discover the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Interesting how they set up the death of the Hard Master. Sort of the comic book story in reverse, with Storm Shadow believing Snake Eyes killed him.
    I just caught the fourth episode, and I did like this twist, especially coming off of the line of reboots (Resolute, RoC) that seem to paint Storm Shadow as the remorseless killer of his own uncle. I say seem, because I'm not convinced they won't go the other way in some RoC sequel.

I'm not that familiar with the comic. I know Storm Shadow was jealous of Snake-Eyes' place in the clan, and I know he was proud and arrogant, but just how unlikable was he? I always got the feeling at least that those qualities were present just to make it reasonable for him to be the suspect in the attempted murder of Snake-Eyes/successful murder of Hard Master, that his motive was jealousy.