Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Are we not being given the same opportunity with the Renegades team? I hate to sound like this, but I couldn't care less about any question that could be asked of the Prime team, aside from maybe, "Any chance you guys could do a good Transformers cartoon, sorta like the last two GIJoe cartoons?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just TF:P for now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Gosh, I'm tempted to ask "Does the show get any better," but that is way too general and doesn't specify silly voices or animation quality. Maybe if it was worded "Does the tone of the show, both in characterization and animation style, mature?" or "Will further episodes of the show take place perpetually in the same timeframe or will the characters grow up?" I can't seem to come up with a sentence that encapsulates my disappoint with the show's style and voices.

For the 90s Beast Wars, I could never connect with the voices of the characters, so I avoided watching the show. When I saw it with Japanese dubbing and English subtitles, I liked it vastly more.

Maybe we can ask if they plan to focus more on robots and less on annoying kids anytime soon. I probably could've liked the show if not for the brat squad. It wouldn't have been my favorite, but I wouldn't be turning the channel when a new episode comes on, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Perhaps:

"Fan reaction to Prime has been mixed. Many of those who dislike the show don't enjoy it primarily because of the heavy focus on a trio of human kids who they describe as annoying and unrealistic. Fans of the show also seem to agree that the kids get way too much attention when it should focus on the Transformers themselves. Since this was a major complaint with the Robots in Disguise series, as well as the live action films, why did you choose to go this route, and will the focus on the humans be toned down or is it here to stay?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Question has to go in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Gosh, I'm tempted to ask "Does the show get any better," but that is way too general and doesn't specify silly voices or animation quality. Maybe if it was worded "Does the tone of the show, both in characterization and animation style, mature?" or "Will further episodes of the show take place perpetually in the same timeframe or will the characters grow up?" I can't seem to come up with a sentence that encapsulates my disappoint with the show's style and voices.
    "Grow up", this suggests only the human characters, so I'm not sure if you mean to refer to ALL of the characters. If I don't hear back before I send the question in tonight, I'll assume the latter. I don't have a problem with the question, but it needs to be honed a little.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe we can ask if they plan to focus more on robots and less on annoying kids anytime soon. I probably could've liked the show if not for the brat squad. It wouldn't have been my favorite, but I wouldn't be turning the channel when a new episode comes on, either.
    I do agree on this, but I would take this question as a subset to Maradona's question, so I'd be more likely to ask that one first.

Perhaps:

"Fan reaction to Prime has been mixed. Many of those who dislike the show don't enjoy it primarily because of the heavy focus on a trio of human kids who they describe as annoying and unrealistic. Fans of the show also seem to agree that the kids get way too much attention when it should focus on the Transformers themselves. Since this was a major complaint with the Robots in Disguise series, as well as the live action films, why did you choose to go this route, and will the focus on the humans be toned down or is it here to stay?"
    This is the question asked of nearly every new TF series since Beast Wars, and the answer is always the same thing about needing a character for the audience to relate to, and someone for the heroes to protect, and someone for the alien robots to communicate and interact with that represents their new planet. It's a bit thin since BW and BM proved you can tell good TF stories without humans and still attract a quality audience, but it's the same bunk they always give us because it's the easy road.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Question has to go in tonight.

"Grow up", this suggests only the human characters, so I'm not sure if you mean to refer to ALL of the characters. If I don't hear back before I send the question in tonight, I'll assume the latter. I don't have a problem with the question, but it needs to be honed a little.
    I understand your suggestion and agree. I referred to the entirety of the characters and while I understand that nearly immortal robots don't necessarily "grow up," I think the direction of their development should/could mature.

JT, if it's not too late, I have another suggestion. I don't know if it would be possible to just throw this out in addition to another question or not, since it's not exactly a show-related question, but....

Have you considered, or would you consider, creating Facebook pages for Transformers: Prime, GIJoe: Renegades, and any other similar shows you may create?

It just seems odd that Hasbro seems to have a total non-presence on the most popular social networking site out there. They're a free (or practically free; I guess they might have to pay someone for the couple of minutes it would take to monitor them) way to promote to and interact with fans (or at least provide the illusion of interacting).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I understand your suggestion and agree. I referred to the entirety of the characters and while I understand that nearly immortal robots don't necessarily "grow up," I think the direction of their development should/could mature.
    Good, glad we were on the same page then. I'm going to pick between yours and Chaddy's in the TF collecting thread then.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, if it's not too late, I have another suggestion. I don't know if it would be possible to just throw this out in addition to another question or not, since it's not exactly a show-related question, but....

Have you considered, or would you consider, creating Facebook pages for Transformers: Prime, GIJoe: Renegades, and any other similar shows you may create?

It just seems odd that Hasbro seems to have a total non-presence on the most popular social networking site out there. They're a free (or practically free; I guess they might have to pay someone for the couple of minutes it would take to monitor them) way to promote to and interact with fans (or at least provide the illusion of interacting).
    It was not too late, but at the same time, it's not what I'd pick for a first-choice question.

Hasbro is doing pretty well with their business model, they're #2 in their market, and yet their web-presence has sucked eggs for the last decade, so I guess it's not their way.

I had a really hard time deciding between Maradona's and Chaddymac's questions, but ultimately I'm going with the following version of Maradona's simply to help better inform the audience of what to expect; plus I fear Chaddy's good question will get an easy, pat answer. Anyway, here's what we're sending in:
    Since the mini-series premiere of TF: Prime, fan reactions have been mixed to this latest series, and some were wondering... Will the tone of the show, the characters (both robot and human), the attempts at humor, the action, even the art be maturing as the series progresses, or is what we saw in the premiere pretty much the intended baseline level for the show?

Out of curiosity, does anyone else get the impression that The Hub is promoting Prime while almost attempting to bury Renegades, despite the general fan consensus being that Renegades is quite good and Prime is iffy?

It seems like every five minutes they send a Facebook update along the lines of "Only seven days, three hours, and fifty-two minutes until the Prime premiere!" They advertise it on TV constantly.

But Renegades gets maybe one commercial every half hour, and I've never seen anything on Facebook about it.

Wonder if they expect Prime to do better based solely on how much better the crappy Transformers live action movies performed than the crappy GIJoe live action movie. Or if they're aware they've got a potential dud and are pushing it heavily to build up the audience.

All I know is that, in the 4,732 times they've re-run the five-part miniseries, I've not re-watched the first two episodes of Prime, nor have I watched any of the further episodes. Like George W Bush said, "You can't, you won't get fooled again."
    Tommy, close your eyes.